Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

WEDNESDAY IN THE WORD-Vision Prayers

WOW! I feel it has been forever since I blogged. Seems to be so hard these days to blog. Picking and choosing has been my game plan recently. Don't misunderstand me as I do enjoy blogging and I do love to look at and read my friends blogs as well. It is just that the Lord has been showing me through recent events in my life that He must be first. Let's just say I am having to do a little re-arranging in my life. Today I would like share something from my Bible Study that has really JUMPED off the page at me. I pray that it does the same for you.

               Praying with EXPECTANCY! Most of the time if we will admit it we tend to pray with.....DOUBT! Doubt that God will answer us. We know that He always answers though it might be yes, no or wait. But HE ANSWERS

What if we go ahead and just grab the mindset of "I am praying EXPECTING something to happen in this area of my life or with this relationship, this person, or this situation?

Take just a minute and read this Scripture:

Habakkuk 2:2-3

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
And the Lord answered me:
“Write the vision;
    make it plain upon tablets,
    so he may run who reads it.
For still the vision awaits its time;
    it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seem slow, wait for it;
    it will surely come, it will not delay.

 Image credit

I realize that our Lord speaks to us in different ways through different things. Sometimes I can read the same scripture over and over and all of a sudden it just LEAPS off that page at me. Well, that is exactly what this done for me. 

Pray with a VISION! Pray with EXPECTANCY! 

 Image credit

Get out of that ditch you are in and PRAY EXPECTING GOD TO MOVE!  

You may ask, "How do I know this is what God would have me to pray? LINE IT UP WITH HIS WORD! If it lines up with the Word of God then you go for it....hook, line and sinker!

 Credit Image

Does your husband need Salvation? Your Mom or your dad? 
God says in His Word that it is His desire that all come to know Him as Savior....that NO ONE perish. PRAY with a vision EXPECTING them to come to know Christ!

Before any of my grandchildren was conceived I began to pray that all my grandchildren would come to know Jesus at an early age. I pray daily for them to grow up to be Godly men and women. I pray for their future mates. Praise the Lord so far I have seen 3 of my grandchildren come to know Him personally. I am praying with a vision for my 4th one. 

 My list of Vision prayers in long but the Lord's Word tells us to keep on pressing. To pray without ceasing and we must do just that. Satan came for one reason....to kill, steel and destroy. We must be about our Father's business and pray with a vision for ourselves, our family, our friends, our church, our nation.

Get yourself a journal...a note pad or whatever. Write down your vision prayers and date them. Pray and believe that God will bring it to pass. 

Image Credit


 Hugs and blessings, Cindy   

  

  



Comments

  1. Awesome words of wisdom about prayer, my friend. God is so good to listen and answer our prayers, even if His answer is sometimes not what we want to hear...but He has a much bigger plan that I could ever begin to understand!!! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where ya been Miss Cindy?
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this today. Sometimes our 'expectancy' wavers and we need to be reminded to keep believing that He will answer.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing your words were to me today. Praying with a vision and expectancy really made since to me.
    Loved what you said about praying for your grandchildren. I do that too and it is so comforting knowing God is in control of their lives.
    Have a blessed week. I too don't blog as often, but love that there is inspiration like your posts to come to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also believe that God always answers prayers, Cindy. How wonderful that your grandchildren have aa special relationship with Him...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen and Amen, Sister! Encouraging words. Even in the midst of those prayers, "prayer with ceasing"... (continually..ongoing). Because Our Lord said "He will never leave us or forsake us." Agreeing with you today on this Word! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We serve such a wonderful Lord, and He 'expects' us to have faith in Him. Love this devotion, it really spoke to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, this was a blessing today. It certainly spoke to me. God bless you and Happy Mother's Day.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this wonderful post, Cindy! It gives HOPE! It lets us know that our visions can't be wrong if it's lined up with the Word of God. We pray and expect it to be!
    I've missed visiting your blog. I, too, have not blogged much, but lately I have posted some small things to where it doesn't take too much time. I miss blogging and I miss visiting, but there is just not much time. LOL..
    Here's to your health, Pretty Lady.
    Brenda
    Down Memory La La Lane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget