Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Good Friday-Have you forgot the Christ?

Every year for the past 4 years I read this book before Easter. It ALWAYS brings Good Friday into perspective.........My book is somewhat worn and so many pages are highlighted, underlined and words circled. It is by far one of my favorite books to read during the Easter season.



Each time I read Six Hours One Friday I realize all the more that because of those 6 hours WE HAVE HOPE....WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE....WE ARE LOVED MORE THAN WE CAN TRULY FATHOM BY OUR LORD! And yet....we seem to forget....
As Max says, "So much happens through the years, so many changes within. So many alterations without. And, somewhere, back there, we leave Him. We don't turn away from Him, we just don't take Him with us. Assignments come. Promotions come. Budgets are made. Kids are born and the Christ....the Christ is forgotten."

Praise the Lord that He doesn't forget us.  Praise Him that because of what He done for us on that cross that we don't have to hang on that tree.

It should have been us you know? The one nailed to a tree, beaten, naked and torn. But yet, God loved us so much that He gave His ONLY Son so that whosoever believes in Him can have eternal life! (John 3:16)


My friends our Lord isn't dead! He's alive. So fitting that as I was about to write this piece for my blog that I was tending to a few plants and just as I was about to throw this DEAD thing away....


 I realized it still had a little life....look closer....



 Don't throw our Lord away...Because of Him...we have Hope!

Today can be a new day for you. You can begin fresh and anew with our Lord. The greatest gift that you can receive will not come from the Easter Bunny, it can only come from our Lord.
 Lamentations 3:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
  Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;   great is your faithfulness.


 Just as this sweet little plant has begun a new life so can you my friend. 


Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter.

Hugs and blessings, 
Cindy
  



Comments

  1. I think of Christ's resurrection every time I come across a plant in my garden that looked like it may have been dead but indeed was alive. I think that's why I love spring so much. Hoping you have a blessed Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter Cindy.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome words of wisdom! HOPE your Easter weekend is blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect post for this time of year Cindy. We all need to stop and take the time to remember what Easter is really about. As you said, he gave his life for us!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, Cindy! Isn't it amazing about how sometimes our plants look so dead and there is really life in them if we just add water. LOL - I think the Lord made it work that way for the spiritual metaphor life lessons we might draw from it. May you know His New Life throughout your Easter Holiday in all good things and beauty!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, Cindy! Isn't it amazing about how sometimes our plants look so dead and there is really life in them if we just add water. LOL - I think the Lord made it work that way for the spiritual metaphor life lessons we might draw from it. May you know His New Life throughout your Easter Holiday in all good things and beauty!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Dear Cindy,
    Thanks so much for coming by and leaving a comment . . . It brought me back to your lovely blog.
    I just arrived home from an incredible Good Friday service. I'm curious about the book you featured in your post. Going to head over to AMAZON now. Love Max Lucado!
    Have a beautiful weekend and a Happy, Happy Easter!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy,
    A beautiful post!!

    As at Christmas time, Jesus is the reason for the Season.....

    As a cancer survivor, I was given the gift of Time that I thought I had run out of so that is why , in showing my gratitude, I do all that I do for our church.

    I am very grateful and I am here because God felt I had more to do here on this Earth!

    Happy Easter to you and yours, my friend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter from Australia♥ ~Pernilla
    ... thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave a sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully said. I think they are so many lessons to learn in the garden. Think about pruning and how when the dead is pruned away the plant grows and flourishes. This is just one of many.

    Thank you for the reminder that we forget the depth of His love and mercy toward us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget