Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Let's Talk Thursday over a cup of Coffee

I just love how all the blogger's are doing more and more games with questions to get to know one another. So let's talk over coffee...




1: Have you ever made donuts?
Yes from canned biscuits. This was one of my girls favorite things for me to make for them when growing up. Cut a hole in them, deep fry and coat with sugar! YUM!

2: What is one homemaking thing that you do every night before going to bed? 
My kitchen is clean and all dishes are washed or in the dishwasher with exception of two coffee cups that go in the sink. My man and I usually have one cup of coffee each around 8ish most nights. 

3: Where is your junk drawer? 
In my kitchen under my breakfast bar.

4: Do you make a daily to do list and check it off as you go?
Oh mercy yes! That is if I don't forget where I put my list. I live by lists and a calendar! Didn't say I liked it but have figured out that is just life for me right now. 

5: Do you like aprons and do you wear them?
I do like aprons especially since there are so many pretty and stylish ones available. My favorite apron that I have says, Nana's Little Sweeties and it has all 4 of my grands names on it. I wear aprons over the Thanksgiving and Christmas days when I am baking so much.

6: Share one favorite thing that you do with your children over the holidays.
Well, one that really sticks out in my mind is a tradition at Christmas for me, my girls and my grandbabies. We pick a day for me to make homemade Suppa Toscanna soup. Then the grands and I bake cookies and I let them help with every detail. Then I let them sneek cookie dough to eat when their moms aren't looking! Hee-hee. We play Christmas music,  dance, sing, and well, we make lots of memories!

Can't wait to hear your answers. I hope you all have a great day. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy 


 

     


Comments

  1. I too love getting to know my blog friends better. While reading this I actually pictured in my mind you with your girls and grands! What a great time! Wonderful memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,
    Love this!!! Would you mind if I repeat what i did with last week's every week????? If not, it is okay but I would love to include this in a weekly post but I understand if you would not want me to do that...

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me feel so lacking at cleaning and cooking and baking and crafting and sewing and working and grandparenting. I know that's a no-no to compare ourselves to others, but you've got it all together, Friend!! HOPE you have an awesome day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I would like a bowl of that soup and I would like it before Christmas! Seriously, that is a sweet thing to do at Christmas with your girls and grands.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fun! I love the holiday tradition you have! That soup sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy! Love knowing a bit more about you! You're a loving lady!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cindy! I've had a hectic few days, so I'm just getting around to doing some blog reading and thought I'd start with the most recent and work my way back.

    1. Oh yes! I've made doughnuts a lot...from scratch. It started when I was still a kid at home...and then when I married my hubby I married into a family that LOVES doughnuts!

    2. I take about 15 minutes before I go to bed to walk through the house and straighten up anything that needs it. Makes getting up easier in the mornings. :)

    3. You will laugh but I can honestly say that I do NOT have a junk drawer...anymore. It used to be that every drawer was a junk drawer until a few years ago when I went through the decluttering process and everything found its place!

    4. I have to have a to do list...not so much for the thrill of checking things off, but it just eases my mind of having to carrying everything in the head and forgetting something.

    5. I love aprons...and yes, I do wear them!

    6. When our kids were still all at home the one tradition we established was around the tree trimming. I would have baked cookies that day and in the evening we would drink eggnog and decorate the tree. All of us participated...including my husband. His job was to put the lights on.

    Thanks for the fun visit, Cindy!

    xo Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1: Have you ever made donuts? This will shock you, but no, I actually haven't. DD is way too close to my home. But since this has popped up twice recently, I will make some soon.

    2: What is one homemaking thing that you do every night before going to bed? Clean up after 3 dogs.

    3: Where is your junk drawer?
    Do I really have to list every room??? LoL

    4: Do you make a daily to do list and check it off as you go?
    Haha, I use to... back when I was organized.

    5: Do you like aprons and do you wear them?
    I "LOVE" vintage aprons, I own one thanks to my lovely friend AR, I haven't worn it... yet.

    6: Share one favorite thing that you do with your children over the holidays.
    Make cinnamon ornaments, bake cookies, getting a tree with the bulb to replant after the holidays, open one gift (any gift) on Christmas Eve, and wish Jesus Happy Birthday as soon as we open our eyes on Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I never made donuts until early this year and made Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) baked cinnamon donuts. YUM!!!
    2. Before bed, I fill the coffeemaker with coffee and water.
    3. Junk drawer is the top left of the kitchen desk. Open at your own risk!
    4. Yes, I make a daily "to do" list.
    5. Nope, don't normally use an apron.
    6. When our kids were little, I bought an Advent calendar from Hallmark. It was a fabric tree with little fabric ornaments that attach with Velcro. They decided how to take turns decorating it each day. Now that they are both in their twenties, they STILL enjoy adding those ornaments when they come home on weekends in December and when the college semester is over. I'm trying to think of a way to make my own to give our great nieces and nephews. I bet they will enjoy it as much as our kids have!

    Thanks for another great game!! Zenda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget