Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Our {WORDS} can bring Life and bring Death to the Soul!



With our children and grandchildren getting back to school regardless of whether they are in the public school system, home school or private school we need to pray for the children, parents, teachers and all that is involved with our precious cargo. Prayer is a must and I believe with all my heart that prayer is our life line straight to the throne of God. And...we need to pray for our words!

There seems to be such a controversy between sending your child to public school versus teaching them at home. Private schools has also been added to that list of "Let's talk about them too" because they think they are better than us!

Here's the thing and I will cut straight to the chase. Why are WE AS CHRISTIANS constantly "downing" and "badmouthing" the decision made by other parents about their choice of method when it comes to schooling? And please keep in mind that I am talking to Christians today. All parents have a responsibility to their children though sadly many do no heed that responsibility. For the Christian parent your decisions in your child's life should be based on the Word, seeking God's face through prayer and what will work best for you and your family.
It saddens my heart when I hear other Christians bashing other Christian parents for their choice of education for their children.
The Public school mom bashes the home-school mom. The home-school mom bashes the public school mom. The private school mom snickers at the other two moms for their choices and the bashing goes on and on. WHY do some find this necessary?

The Christian Public school teacher verbally condemns the home-school children. The Christian home-school mom verbally talks about the public school teachers that brings dishonor to them. The Christian Private school employee talks about how "foolish" the home-school and public schools are! WHEN DOES IT END?

If we as CHRISTIANS would spend more time being the Christian parent that God has called us to be then we wouldn't have the time to verbally voice our opinions which by the way the definition of opinion is "merely man's ideas" about other Christian parents and their standards of educating their children. If we as Christian parents would spend more time lifting one another up in prayer, building one another up instead of tearing one another down, and loving on one another just think of how different our lives would be and the lives of our children! 



 Our children mimic us....good and bad!

The Bible says "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward". Psalm 127:3

Children are a precious gift from the Lord that has been loaned to us to make, mold, and shape to become the godly man or woman that God desires in all aspects of their life. With that being said, PARENTS of these children are to make the best decisions for their children under the leadership of Christ! For some that might be to rear your precious gift (s) from God in the Public school system. For others it might mean to home-school or to send them to private school. GOD is the only ONE you need to concern yourself with on the matter. The choice of schooling techniques does not make you a bad parent nor will it make you a good parent! Only God can help you to become the parent He desires. However, the way you handle yourself will show your heart's true colors. 

Being a Mom of one daughter that teaches her children at home, one daughter that sends her children to public school and one daughter that teaches in the public school system my heart breaks at what my daughters must hear from other CHRISTIANS on the subjects at hand in negative ways. Being a Nana with grandchildren in the public school system and home schooled I can tell you this in truth. It hurts my heart to hear and see how Christians bash one another with their words and do you want to know what the saddest part is? Those comments of bashing are handed right on down to their children so they too can bash. 

 My job as their Nana is to pray for them, their parents, their teachers, their leaders, and to pray for them to become Godly men and women for our Lord and to EXCEED beyond their wildest expectations in all areas of their lives.

The Bible says "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind". Matthew 22:37
This is my prayer for my children and grandchildren. 

Because if my adult children do this then they will do what is right for their children the way the Lord reveals to them..not to someone else.
If my grandchildren do this then all else will follow suit in their life including their education.

May our lips speak praise, encouragement, and spurn one another on through love. May be a source of encouragement to one another. May we a light in a dark world. Your words of encouragement may be the only
encouragement that home schooled mom gets today. Your words of encouragement may be the only words that a public school teacher or parent of a child in the public school system gets today. Your words of encouragement to the parents that chooses private schooling or the teacher teaching at private school may be all that she gets today.

 May we just simply be Godly women that just love one another with our actions and our words. I so want to be  encouraging to others and not a hindrance. Don't you?
  

Hugs and blessings, Cindy


Comments

  1. My only comment is a very loud AMEN . Well written and straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I love how you convey truth. Thanks for this post!
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Thessalonians 4:11 says And that ye study to be quite, and do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you. In other words. Mind your own business. If more people would do that and just worry about being the BEST CHRIST LIKE person they can be, they won't have time to worry about what anyone else is doing. Good words Sister. Xoxo Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...now you are sounding like granny! LOL! Love it!

      Delete
  4. Dear Cindy AMEN and very well said my friend. Thank you for sharing, as all the kids, in all classrooms of all ways of learning, go back to school. Hugs and Blessings, cm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy this should apply to all phases of life not just to children's education. Our world would be so much better if people would be more considerate of others feelings and seriously consider what comes out of their mouths before it does. Someone told me one time that we might think one thing in our minds but as long as it doesn't come out of our mouths the devil cannot use it. I so agree with the scripture the person posted above that comes from First Thess. 4:11. Love you.....Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all of our teachers, parents and children need all the encouragement and love they can get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, dear Cindy! Most appropriate as school is just starting. I'm glad you addressed this because we know it occurs but no one says anything about it.
    Bless you,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, that you so much for this post, and I really appreciate the way you express yourself. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good discussion Cindy-So often the families are just making the school choice they feel they must in difficult situations- like terrible sometimes even corrupt public school systems. Families around us need our faithful prayer support - as do all the teachers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy,
    We are all in agreement here. We need to uphold and support one another, it is God's wish for us all to be loving and kind and work together not apart. When we are united we are strong and we are divided we frail and call fall. Thank you for speaking up and sharing the word of God with us.
    Warmest of hugs always,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always have to pray: 'Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord.' Our grandchildren need to be encouraged and lifted up - and covered with prayer. Three of our grandchildren are in Christian school (the little one is too young). The other four are in public school. I pray for them daily and try to stay in touch with what they are doing so we can always be there for them.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy, you are so right and you said it so well.
    I also read something today on FB that talked about teaching our girls to "include" not "exclude". It happens in churches that little girls are so mean to one another.
    It would be great if you sent your words to a newspaper as an editorial. It is well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget