Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Wednesday in the Word-Spiritual Warfare

As Donna Pyle puts it in her Bible Study called, Your Strong Suit, spiritual warfare NEVER ceases! She goes on to say, "Living for Jesus in this present darkness is not waltzing through a meadow picking daisies. It is stumbling through enemy territory surrounded by snipers". 

 Image credit

Living in such a fallen world as we do it is becoming all the more evident that WE as Christians must stay on guard to the schemes of the enemy. Satan came for one reason....to kill, steel and destroy! 

I want you to think with me for just a minute. What is a sniper? What does he do? A sniper has been in training. A sniper knows his target. A sniper scouts out his enemy. A sniper hides where no one can see him. A sniper makes himself look less visible to others by wearing a mask. A sniper locates his target, aims carefully and shoots. A sniper uses a distinct, high precision rifle and is a very sharp shooter. 

The Sniper and Satan have a lot in common don't they? Satan finds no mercy in no one. Satan wants our testimonies and will do whatever he must do to bring us down. We must be on guard daily. He wants our marriages. He wants our children. He wants our testimonies for Christ and he wants us out of the way. 

He will whisper....you don't love him anymore! He will say, "walk out on your children, someone else can raise them better. He will tell you lies such as, "you don't need to attend church or be a part of a body of believers, you can be a good Christian and sit at home". He will appear to you like a bright diamond waiting for your touch. 

Oh my sweet friends, may we ever stay alert to the schemes of the evil one. Only by God's grace and mercy can we call on the Name of Jesus...

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. Eph. 6:10-11 (ESV) 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Loved how you use a sniper here. So true and yes, we must be alert. The times that I am not Satan will hit me full force! Thanks for the reminder. Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! Oh, this is a great post and the sniper is something to look out for. Satan's always almost invisible but on target! I need to keep my armor on and remember - no weapon formed against me shall prosper! :) I'm so glad you're liking my little dolls. I have the same problem - there aren't enough hours in the day to do all I want to do! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice, Cindy. You are so right...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Cindy, we have to suit up in our armor everyday!! Great message.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget