Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Thrifty Tablescape for St. Patrick's Day

Well, I've had my simple St. Patrick's Day Tablescape up since the day after Valentine's Day. I have women ask me all the time..."Where do you find this stuff and how do you budget for it?. Well, for starters for some tablescapes I really put a lot into it and for some...not so much. As far as budget...in all honestly I am a "Hunter"...and I will hunt and scout for things that I like whether it cost 50 cents or $50. In reality that is what it's all about...What we like! This simple tablescape is just that...simple on the purse and simple on my table but wanted to share it with you today. 



Aren't the Dollar Tree Shamrock stones adorable?



Thought my little Shamrock napkins rings was cute too! Found these cuties at Big Lots. 
(Actually they are pony tail holders) Hee-hee!
I've had the bamboo silverware for a while now and found it at Walgreen's. 


You can't really tell by the pictures but the napkins are just lovely. The detail on them is very pretty. Bought these a couple of years ago from Little Dollies in Pigeon Forge. I have a set of cream ones too.




I was going to use a white saucer in the midst of the green plate but decided to really keep it simple...Shamrock stone on a green plate was good enough for me. Placemats came from Wal-mart.



Cute mugs I've had forever! Found them years ago for 25 cents each at a Thrift store! Dollar Tree coasters!



Used two of these green candle holders. You just can't wrong when using mirrors glass tiles with anything can you? Also found the green candle holders at the Dollar Tree.



Remember the salt and pepper shaker I shared with you....Paula Dean shakers for 50 cents?



They looked really cute sitting on a framed mirror with my centerpiece on it! And I must say I do love my centerpiece. Simple but just adorable to me. The white plate is one of my favorite dishes actually!



Sugar and creamer from the Mountain Trip..



Tossed a few green coins on the glass tray which was a gift that I have used many times.


I have three of these dishes...one is clear, one is amber and one is green! YEP, yard sale piece. Actually bought them from a virtual yard sale site and the lady met me at work and brought them to me. Paid $2 for each one.


  Another little shamrock dish with just a simple little canning jar, twine and a candle.


 A little vignette......



Love my Willow angel my sister Joyce gave to me a couple of years ago.



The grandbabies like Nana's little St. Patrick's Day Tree. They really like the fact that the cute little styrofoam shamrocks goes to their play room for crafts.


Happy Saint Patrick's Day!



And remember..............



Hugs and blessings, Cindy
I am joining Kathleen's St. Patricks's Day Blog Crawl....so much fun to mingle when I can with other talented bloggers. I especially love looking at the the different tablescapes..GIVES ME GREAT IDEAS! And ladies, some of these gals have some BEAUTIFUL Tablescapes...take a peek when you can! http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/2014/03/6th-annual-st-patricks-day-blog.html
I am also joining Jann from "Have a daily cup of Mrs. Olson" for her (share your cup) which simply means to share the things that make you happy! Take a peek....http://jannolson.blogspot.com/2014/03/share-your-cup-thursday-94.html

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Cindy, You have inspired me to go to Dollar Tree today. I don't have a single St. Patrick's Day decoration except the oxalis plant.

    I especially like your shamrock stones. They are neat. You did a great job with your table. It is fun to see how everyone comes up with something different.

    I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome!!! You are so talented at that sort of thing. I would NEVER let you see a pic of our dining room table...it seems to be a "catch all"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute Cindy! I especially love the little shamrock stones. Now I too will have to pay a visit to the Dollar Tree. I go that store about once a month or so but you never know what you might find for a BUCK! Thanks for sharing.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Dollar Tree..so many cute details on your table! Such a pretty and fun tablescape with all your bargains and great finds. Your little shamrock tree is too cute...I bet your grandkids love coming to your house!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great things! I love how you've set it up! I need to check out Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was such a fun post, Cindy! Very clever to use ponytail holders for napkin rings! Going to have to keep my eyes peeled for gems like that.
    Happy St Paddy's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good shopper you are, Cindy! Darling table! I love the s&p shakers, and the cream and sugare perfect for them! Also love your mugs--I haven't seen them as mugs before. Happy St. Patrick's! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have found some really cute things. I am so ready for Spring to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your 'scape with the single shamrock stone on the plates! The pony tail holder napkin rings are the cutest! I want to look for some of that bamboo flatware at Walgreen's. Never thought to look there for flatware!

    Happy St. Pat's Day!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't see those stones at Dollar Tree. I'll have to go back and look again. They are so cute. I also love how you used the ponytail holders for napkin rings. Very clever!! Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cindy! Your table is very pretty. My favorites are the stones....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy,
    A D O R A B L E Saint Patrick's Day Tablescape, dear one!!!
    I'll all about thrifting and finding great bargains. Incorporate all those amazing finds with heirlooms and you've caught me hook, line and sinker!!!
    Thanks for your sweet comment and visit recently.
    Hope you'll visit again, soon!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a festive table...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I have always wondered that about you Tablescape ladies. Where DO you put it all?? I am quite stuffed to the gills with random pieces and want to get control of it so I can have some variety like you. Thrifting - finding what you like - that's the key. Enjoy your green this week!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy, great decor! Love all of your green treasures and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the Greens! Your family will enjoy dinner at your table for sure!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are certainly showing your green! I love it all, the table is so festive!
    Thanks so much for taking part in the 6th Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute Cindy! Love the little shamrock stones. I have one of those green relish/fruit trays and I found a gold one for my daughter. Aren't they great? Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. An inspired table, so beautifully dressed. You must have felt so blessed when your nearest and dearest gathered to share in all your hard work x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget