Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Wednesday in the Word-How do I know?

I've had women ask me, "Cindy, how do you know that God is speaking to you? How do you know if God is calling you to do things? How do you know?????

 Web image

Well, all I can share with them is how I have seen the Lord work in my life and sometimes I have missed it! Just simply missed it! But, that is all the more reason we MUST stay tuned in with God. Take the time to hear His still small voice because He does NOT always speak with a loud boom like we would like for Him too!

As far as Him speaking to me He does that all the time. Not in an audible voice but to my spirit. The problem is that sometimes I just don't simply listen. Anyone else have that problem???? 


However, when I feel He is calling me to a specific task or asking something of me that I am not quite sure about I try to really listen and look for the signs. My rule of thumb is first and foremost:

1: Does it line up with scripture? If it doesn't, then I know that it is NOT from Him.
2: Is it consistent with His character? Not my character or the character of someone else, but His.
3: Is the message I think I am hearing from Him being confirmed? The message could be at church through the Pastor, the Sunday school or Bible study teacher, another mature believer, my quiet time, and foremost what I am reading and hearing during my quiet time with the Lord. 
 4:  Is this something that I could not do on my own?
5: Would it be pleasing to God? Would it bring Him glory?
6: Are my motives based on love and NOT self-seeking?
7: Am I being drawn to a particular area of ministry or action?

This list is a few things that come to mind when I am facing a situation of "How do I know that I know". 

Let me give you an example: When I felt the leading of the Holy Spirit calling me to lead women nearly 18 years ago I must admit, I struggled and questioned God over and over. When I look back the main problem I had was unbelief. I could not imagine God using me in that area. I was still looking in the index of the Bible to find the books (and still do at times). I could not pronounce the words right, (and still don't) could not speak in front of a group of women, (and yes, I sometimes still get jitters) I was not smart enough, good enough, and well....my list could go on and on. 

God began preparing me for the task long before I even began to sense it! YEP, that is how our God works at times. Long story short, God showed Himself to me through all seven steps I have listed and more! He never ceases to amaze me. And...the bottom line was that He simply wanted me to be a willing vessel! He did not want me to do the work because He knew I couldn't. I stepped out in Faith and trusted Him and I have never been sorry that I did! Sometimes, it may be only for a season that He needs you in a particular area of ministry. Other times, it's for the long haul. The thing is...GOD has called us all to SERVE in some area or another. He may be calling you right now to something!             

Maybe the Lord is calling you to a specific task and you are struggling to know that you know! My advice...follow the simple seven rules I've listed. Talk to a mature Christian that will be honest with you and guide you. Get quiet, listen, seek and step out in faith! Above all listen to the Master's Voice. He never makes a mistake!
  

 When we are tuned in to God His Word will line up in our hearts, soul and mind.....

Hugs and Blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Staying tuned is what I remind myself daily Cindy.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I love that you listed SEVEN....a perfect number in scripture, as you already know!!! Secondly....this is the second time just recently that I've read something about knowing when God is speaking to us....so....is HE trying to get my attention about something?? Should I be concerned?!?!? No, just more alert! Thanks for the "gentle" reminder, my friend!!! Merry CHRISTmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cindy, what a powerful message from you today. Years ago a Sunday school teacher told me that sometime we must pray and watch for an answer for a long time maybe years, but not to give up ~ that in time, God has a plan to answer and show us the way. It may not be what we want but in the end, HE delivers everything in our best interest!
    Like you, I see the answers daily on many questions. They may be very small but they are there in the quiet times, the moments of thought when we stop to listen.
    I feel I am always growing in my Christian walk. Learning along the way. It is a joy when you see God's work before you, knowing that HE is and always will be ALL GOOD!!

    Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment. Wishing you a beautiful December day and thank you too for always teaching a heart filled lesson.
    Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I KNOW God is talking to me it usually is something that wakes me up at night or keeps pulling at my heart. Somethings that I just can't STOP THINKING ABOUT! :)
    I am going through this very thing right now and I will be applying your 7 steps to what is going on in my heart/mind. Thanks Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my friend. I know the voice of God to my heart. I've heard Him whisper quietly so many times and there's no doubt in my mind that it's Him. He says His sheep know His voice and I've found it to be so true. When we need confirmation that it is His voice the things you've listed will never fail to bring the answer. Thank you for this word today. I've recently heard His voice speak direction to my heart - for such a time as this!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel Him when I pray to Him, Cindy...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing to come here and read today, Cindy. Such a sweet spirit of obedience and I love all seven things you've listed as to how we can know that God is speaking to us. Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cindy! God has spoken to me loud and clear at times and as I look back, I can see where His hand was leading me. The move we've made to be closer to our children, I know we heard Him because everything fell into place like a jig saw puzzle. Sometimes I get so busy I miss what He's saying to me too! You're a blessing, sweet friend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i get so busy, i have to remind myself to just stop, and just listen to the whispers:)--wishing you a lovely holiday season, cindy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy, a very sweet and important message. We all need to pay attention. Rejoice and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I know HE listens to our prayers and wishes, sometimes only HE knows what you deserve to have and what's best for you...I KNOW and I am happy now, after going through some issues, HE has listened to my prayers.
    Thank you for this lovely and perfect post.
    Merry C'mas sweet friend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget