Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Laundry Room Rag Tie Wreath and Tutorial

Have I told you that I DISLIKE PAINTING? Well in case I haven't let me tell you now...I DISLIKE PAINTING! And before you ask why I didn't hire someone to do the painting well do you know what PAINT cost these days? Dang, I couldn't buy the paint and hire it done! LOL!


This year we decided to do some revamping to our home.  So we started in the living room and I am proud to say I am THROUGH with it! When I get a chance I will show you some pictures. A total new look and I love it!

Next on list is my laundry room/mudroom. I call it the "Catch all" room. I've not done anything in that room for years and decided it was time!

In another post I will show you before and after pictures but for today I really wanted to share my wreath with you. I decided to totally change my laundry room with decor and color this time around. Going from beige/tan color scheme with birdhouses/seeds packets and tulip wall paper border to Grays, yellows, blues with some added burlap! Once I knew my color scheme I could get started.  So let the wreath begin.......

I like to give credit where credit is due so I originally saw this adorable wreath with clothespins that Debbie made over at Debbie Doos. She has the most amazing things on her blog. http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/2015/03/how-to-make-a-clothes-pin-rag-wreath.html 

Bought my metal wreath at Walmart.


Picked out the material and color scheme. I wanted to use grey and white stripes, yellow, two shades of blue and burlap.


Purchased some cheap packs of clothes pins at the Dollar tree. (Used a little less than one pack for this project)

The Rag tie wreath began with me simply cutting strips of the material I wanted to tie on the metal wreath. I cut strips out of the gray/white stripes, yellow and burlap.

I didn't measure my strips but I wanted it pretty full so I think I probably cut the strips in 3/4 inch strips or so. I would tie a strip here and there. The metal wreath has 4 different places you could tie onto easily so I would alternate my strips. You can see how It came together. I also used pinking shears.

Then along and along I would pin a clothespin to the metal wreath where I wanted one. I decided I wanted more material and just enough clothes pins to give it the laundry room appeal. Even with pinking shears the burlap tends to ravel but that's okay. You can trim it later and/or leave it.



It begins to take form now.....


I just kept tying strips all the way around where I wanted them and would place clothes pins here and there until I got it full like I wanted it.

 But I needed something more...so I took the coordinating colors I wanted to use (light and dark blue) and made some yo-yos. 
 You can go on line and google how to make  yo-yos. They are simple to make and so cute on a lot of things.

I took my material I wanted to use which was the lighter blue and a pot lid to cut out my yo-yo.I made three.


 


Then I made 3 more smaller ones out of the dark blue to place in the middle of the lighter blue yo-yos.



After I made the yo-yos I sewed them together. (you can also hot glue them) Then I  sewed the yo-yos onto the wreath.


At this point I liked it...I really did.


But.....I still needed something to complete the look I was going for.......

Awe...YES... a little BLING was needed!

 And I just so happened to have some!!! LOL!

I glued the bling in the center of the yo-yos and I LOVE IT!


The finished product! 


I think it's going to look great in my laundry room don't you?
 


And just so you will know...the painting is completed in my laundry room now and I absolutely love the color I picked out. Cliffside by Valspar


 This color will go well with lots of different colors.


And no I am not being paid by Valspar to say this but I love that paint! Great coverage, went on smooth and rich looking. I like the eggshell finish as well. For walls that hasn't been painted in years with border paper up, it covered nicely!


And the only reason I had somewhat of a smile on my face is because I am ALMOST through! And YES, that is a tad of paint above my lips! Have no clue how I done that!!!

  I see where I have used the word GREY and GRAY. It bugged me too death so here is what I found out for you ladies that like a little history.

Have you often wondered "Am I spelling g-r-e-y correctly...or is it g-r-a-y?". How do you spell the color grey or gray? Well, the answer is they are both correct. There are two acceptable spellings. Gray is used primarily in the United States and other areas that use US English. Grey is used in Great Britain and areas that use UK English.
GREY is GRAY...right?

 Well onto my next little big project..the flooring! 
I am joining Heather over at Our Life in a click for her linky party! Go check it out! 
http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/2015/04/link-party-friday-favorites-103-features.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OurLifeInAClick+%28our+life+in+a+click%29 


Hugs and blessings, Cindy

 

 

Comments

  1. Oh how I love that wreath! And, I agree....the bling just sets it off...and is so you. 😉 You look so pretty even painting! When I paint, my attire is old tee shirt and already paint splattered sweats! LOL Can't wait to see your before and after pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Yes I too love the bling! I had on an old tee shirt too but I actually managed to keep it off my shirt! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Cindy, what a great looking wreath! I'm loving the colors and the bling, awesome! You have done a great job painting, you go girl!! Love the grey!
    Have a great Monday!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy for popping in! I too really like my wreath!

      Delete
  3. That used to drive me crazy about grey/gray too! I think I stick with the UK spelling mostly for some reason. I love that wreath (and that DebbieDoos too). You did a fantastic job with it and those blingy yo yo's really add something special! The color you picked for the laundry room is gorgeous. I always get paint all over me. I'm a mess...the hubby is much better with painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Grey/gray about whipped me! I finally said...WHATEVER! LOL! I thought about you when I was painting and said, I need her husband here! LOL! Yes, I love the bling too! Thanks Heather for popping over to see me today!

      Delete
  4. The color you chose will be beautiful for your decor! And as much as I like to sew and craft, I've never made a yo yo! lol Love your wreath....the clothespins are the perfect touch! I need to make one for my front door. Happy Spring! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate your sweet words. Funny about the Yo-yos. At first I did not like sitting down to make one and then once I got the hang of it I went crazy!

      Delete
  5. Cindy, that wreath is adorable!
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job! Love the fabric and love the color you chose for your walls. Looks fantastic Cindy. So glad I could inspire you. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! You was my inspiration for this project! Love your blog!

      Delete
  7. Your wreath is wonderful! I love the bling on the yo-yos and the colors you chose are great. Can't wait to see your laundry room and the wreath in your 'new' room.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath is DARLING, Cindy! Love the colors, and the concept, and the clothespins are perfect for a laundry room! Good for you for taking the painting on--I can't bear the thought or muster up the courage and energy for that dreaded job! :) ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Zuni....painting is a job for sure. I also dread it but then I am always so glad when I'm through with it.

      Delete
  9. I love, love, love that wreath !!!! Yep, I'll be making me one for sure. I already have the perfect place, my pantry door in the kitchen. Maybe I'll use measuring spoons for embellishment instead of clothespins!! I've got 2 accent walls I've been wanting to paint for months! When you finish your laundry room come on over and paint my walls! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Mary, the kitchen wreath will be adorable~ Can't wait to see what you make!

      Delete
  10. Cindy, your wreath is amazing!!! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy,
    LOVE your wreath!! So pretty!! I can think of so many variations on this that I would love to try!!
    Now I LOVE to paint but feel the same way about cooking as you do about painting!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. On the cooking....depends on what my frame of mind is to how I view it! LOL!

      Delete
  12. I'm a big lover of wreaths and want to try this so thanks for your presentation. I'm with you, find something creative to tackle then the mundane goes a lot faster! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That wreath is absolutely adorable, Cindy! It is amazing to me how putting those three blue yo-yo's on it brought everything together. I'll be looking forward to seeing pics of your newly painted rooms! xo Dianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. Yes, after all was said and done I love how the yo-yos brought it together.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget