Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago.


It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right?



So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me.

So now to see if it would fit and it did.



I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!



 Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white.



Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look.



The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top...

And this....



Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top....




Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor.



Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard sale and showed you last week?



I painted it white and then went back and distressed it a little. Worked out perfect on the top of my dryer to hold a couple of cuties.



One more thing I must show you today with my laundry room makeover. I originally saw this on Pinterest. So, I designed my own in Photoshop, printed it to place in a frame that I had sprayed painted yellow! Love how it turned out. Remember the song by Kenny Rogers..."you gotta know when to hold em".



Okay, I promise this is the last thing I will show you today....I found this adorable rug for my laundry room at Lowe's.



Will show you my cabinet re-do next time....Ooh, I got such cute things to put on the shelf.....



Happy Tuesday!


Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Cindy, I love how the cover to your hot water heater turned out. Things look like they are coming together for you with the laundry room. I wish I had your energy! LOVE the sign!
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. Not much energy here just a lot of "Want too" which means "I have too". LOL!

      Delete
  2. Great creativity, such a darling vignette your put together on top of your water heater cabinet!
    Like your "can do attitude too."
    jemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Cindy! You are just such a creative person...you look at the ugly and see beautiful and then you go to work on bringing it about! There must be a "sermonette" in that somewhere. But I have to say that I LOVE that area of your laundry room...and the rug is super cute, too! Looking forward to seeing what you've done with the cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. There is a "sermonette" in everything isn't there? LOL!

      Delete
  4. You're so creative! The cover-up looks great...and all your decorative items...it would ALMOST make me want to do laundry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Deb. It doesn't make me want to do laundry!

      Delete
  5. Love your creativeness. An inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an awesome water heater cover! You got with it and it all looks fantastic! I so love the wonderful vignette on top! Great job, you are so a clever one! I'll be back to see what you'll be doing with your cabinet, I'm sure it'll be super!

    Have a great day~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy, Oh I love your water heater covered wall. It made all the difference in the room and you decorated the top great!! The wall paper pattern is so nice. Great accent with the little tray too.
    You are just too creative my friend. Great room update.
    Hugs and Blessings, CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! I am quite proud of how it turned out and it did make a huge difference in that room! Amazing though what a coat of fresh paint will do too!

      Delete
  8. So awesome! I love how you hid the water heater!! The room and all of your sweet touches look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did, Cindy! I find those hot water heaters ugly, too! What a lovely and creative way to hide it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fold them sign!!!I really like the make over. It all looks so good. Mine is in a closet along with the hot water heater so that is one room I really don't need to deal with. Such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. always i used to read smaller content that also clear
    their motive, and that is also happening with this article which I
    am reading here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading this on May 12, 2020, LONG after you wrote it. I just have to say, you did a fantastic job with that hot water heater!!! I am very impressed with your creativity and ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well, I have actually bought a new hot water heater since this and put a new casing around it. Can't stand that ugly thing sticking out like a sore thumb. LOL!

      Delete
  13. How did I miss this post. How great and such a good DIY for hiding the water heater. This is really clever and cute. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was 2015 Kris. But I loved the way we could find a way to hide that ugly thing!

      Delete
  14. Thinking of you and praying for you, Cindy. Such a hopeful and promising sweet blog post.

    Giving praises to our Creator.

    Can't believe Lent begins tomorrow already. May your Lenten season be especially blessed. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish you a very happy birthday ����

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really appriate you reviewing items for us!
    Cletic Salt is now my list to purchase. I have been using Pink Salt but this has more benifits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget