Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Gender Reveal Party}

Well finally the big day arrived for my daughter and her husband's gender reveal party. Needless to say everyone was excited. Our theme was Lures and Lace and everything was decorated in blue and pink. We decided to serve sweets only since this would be an early afternoon party.

Let the party begin.... 


The sign was the first thing everyone saw as they drove into the driveway. Made it all the more fun.

 She wore pink and he wore blue....Neither of them knew what the gender was!

Come on in....


Ready to get the party started...



The other side of the pink balloon with the ? mark on it was blue. We also had pink and blue balloons along the road on the way to the party. 


A little pink....

Diaper cake

And a little blue....

Diaper cake

See the little shoes?


So cute....


 LURES or LACE????

Pink and Blue white chocolate onesies...

Oreo's dipped in white chocolate and colored sprinkles. And since the expecting parent's last name is STARR why not some pink and blue chocolate stars?

Dipped pretzels...

YUM...Strawberries

Cookies...


 And cake....


Rice Krispie Treats 


All I can say is we had a major sugar high going on.

Which pin would she wear????

 The voting begins....The Boy is winning.


What will this sweet little baby be?
And look at the foot! You can count the toes!

They are ready to pop the balloon to see what color falls out....


Anticipation is killing us!


Only one person knew the gender and that was a close family friend. The gender of the baby was placed in a sealed envelope and given to our friend. Then she filled the balloon with the color of confetti needed. The parent's did not know nor the GRANDPARENT'S!

The moment arrived...1...2...3!


IT'S A GIRL......


 They will be the proud parents of a sweet little girl!



I see lots of PINK coming our way!



And the next day our soninlove sent my daughter this beautiful bouquet of carnations and roses to her job! YEP...he is getting the hang of PINK!



And just so you will know...this will be our 5th grandchild. We have three daughters, three grandgirls and one grandson. For the other grandmother...she has two sons and one grandson. So...this will be her first grandgirl! Got a feeling this little bundle of PINK is going to be spoiled rotten!

Praising the Lord for His goodness. Thanks for tagging along with me for the gender reveal. It was a fun party!

Hugs and blessings, Cindy





Comments

  1. Oh my word! I really wanted to scroll to the bottom first but I didn't! Congratulations to all of you. I cannot wait to see pics of that precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard not to cheat huh Deb? LOL! Thanks and you know I will be posting pics along and along!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you all Cindy. Well, I can truthfully say that I've never heard of a gender reveal party. I can imagine that it was lots of fun and wow at the sweets! The pictures tell the story. Felt like I was there.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems the new thing now is gender reveal parties! It was fun though and I think what made it all the more fun was the fact that only one person knew what the gender was.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! What a fun party and heavenly news! Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been checking every day to see if you put up this post yet. Yay!!!! I love all of the party details. How exciting for you all. She doesn't even look pregnant yet!! I love how your SIL sent her pink flowers to work. What a special time for them and you!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, me and you together would be dangerous with throwing a party! One thing is for sure...we'd have some detail going on! LOL!

      Delete
  5. LOVE this! you had me holding my breath and I honestly didn't even cheat and scroll to the bottom!
    Congrats to you all and that darling daughter of yours and her man!
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!!! Expecting the arrival of my new great-granddaughter any day now. So excitement and blessings are everywhere. Everything looked like so much fun and so many creative ideas. Time passes fast so she will be here before you know it. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your family knows how to celebrate! What a great way to learn that there'll be a new baby girl in the family. Warm congrats all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so fun, you had me looking forward to what the gender was going to be. Looks like ya'll are really gifted in hospitality. The decorations, food and party looked like great fun. Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so much fun Maryann. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful way for a FAMILY to find out if they're welcoming a baby girl or baby boy, Cindy!! I love all the details they worked up for this very important family event. What a blessing to all of you, and what a blessing to that precious baby girl! (By the time I got through your post the anticipation was building and I had tears in my eyes as I found out, so I can only imagine your joy on that day!!) Grandbabies are such a precious, precious gift! Thanks for sharing all the excitement, and continued blessings to you and yours. ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Zuni..thanks so much! It was fun and so very exciting. And YES...there is nothing like those grands! Thanks so much Zuni. You are precious.

      Delete
  11. Dear Cindy, what a wonderful party to reveal the baby on the way. Congrats to the new parents for the baby girl on her way. Congrats to you as well on your newest grand daughter on the way. You are a beautiful family and I love how you celebrate all the special events in your lives together. What a blessing and inspiration you all are. Sending Big Hugs your way and prayers for the best to all.
    THINK PINK!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We had a grand time revealing the next GRAND is that on the way! Such a sweet time. Thanks again!

      Delete
  12. You guys really know how to party. Congratulations to your beautiful daughter and son-in-love. Mama to be looks so sweet. I loved every picture and the way you built our excitement! Lotsa hugs and blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely time, Cindy, and everything looks so gorgeous and...fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved being at the party, even if it was only thru these great pictures! Congrats to all the family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun way to surprise all the guests AND the parents with the special reveal. Congratulations to your entire family!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh!!! A girl! I'm so excited for your family. What a special party this was! You all have such wonderful ideas for parties...and for such creative ways to make the food fit the occasion! Congratulations to everyone...especially the parents! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very exciting Dianna! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  17. Your family certainly knows how to throw a party.
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful gender reveal party! I was in anticipation myself as I was reading your post. Congrats to the sweet parents who are waiting for their baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by to party with us.

      Delete
  19. Congrats!!A baby girl!! How lovely!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh gosh Cindy, what a fun party! I love the theme, lures and lace. The sign at the entry was so cute as well. Congrats to all of you! A new baby is so fun!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME!!!!!!! Ohhhhhh the anticipation was killing me (as I was reading, I so wanted to scroll down, giggling)---Congratulations all way around. Blessings

    (thanks for visiting my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Cindy, I love this! How cute it was to see the parents finding out together in such a cute way. Everything was so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I somehow missed this, so glad I found it today! This is the cutest party I've ever seen, love all the cute details! Congrats on the new baby girl coming in April! I meant to tell you in my last comment that you have a beautiful family!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget