Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Thanksgiving Blessings}

WOW! I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is RIGHT HERE ON US. I find the older I become the faster time seems to fly.

Welcome to my little bit of Fall this year!



I went very simple this year with my tablescape. Gold flatware went well with the color scheme and paired up perfectly with light gold napkins and wooden napkin rings.


Love my new dishes this year and what I really loved about them was the price!


I had the goblets but I bought these dishes from a yard sale and loved the simple design. Each setting consisted of 4 pieces and I winded up with a service for 12 for $15! Not to shabby of a deal huh? A few pieces had some chips but nothing noticeable. Love me a deal! The table runner was actually a curtain but goes perfect with my colors.


Simple candle setting for centerpiece. I found this at the Family Dollar Store for $8. I've had the cute leaf salt/pepper shakers for a few years.



Creamer, sugar and artificial sweetener sits on this tray I've had for a long time in my little harvest pretties.

A little Fall from the ceiling...


Awe...and yes I do love these canisters. I actually bought a set of three for my motherinlove one year. After she went home to be with Jesus they came back to me.

This one stores goodies for the grandbabies.


This one worked out perfect for utensils.
The 3rd one actually has a candle in it but I forgot to snap a pic.


 This old vase sits in a corner in my kitchen on a wooden tray stand and it was one of those treasures that was handed down to me from my grandmother.
 

Gotta have some scarecrows and these two are getting on up in age...



I've had Henry for years and years. He has went from the front porch to the carport, from the living room to the hallway and now he sits in the kitchen this year. He's made his rounds. The grandbabies love him. 



I've had up my little bit of Fall since September so I could enjoy it a little longer than usual. Thanksgiving is a time to truly count our blessings isn't it?



 Free printable (found on the web)
 
Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful, and I can’t even begin to express in words the gratitude I have for all that I have been given beginning with my salvation.  I truly feel blessed! But when I count my blessings these little blessings surely are at the top of my list.

My oldest daughter Kristy and her family.



My Middle daughter Melissa and her family. 


My youngest daughter and her family...


And I did say family as this sweet little girl will be joining us in April!



 And last but by far least...this man....The Lord knew what He was doing many moons ago when He gave me my man! 

 No one would EVER put up with me like he does. But can I tell you a little secret? Shhhhhhh...........no one would put up with him like I do either!

I praise the Lord for the blessings in my life.


We are truly blessed aren't we?


 What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. You are a great shopper, girlfriend! Love your taste. This time of year is so special when people share their heartfelt thankfulness. I enjoyed reading yours today and your photos, as always, inspire me! Bless you, dear one, for sharing your happiness with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Love your blog! You are always RIGHT ON! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

      Delete
  2. Oh, my...what am I thankful for? First of all Jesus and how I'm shown grace and mercy and forgiveness and the work being done in my heart to do the same. My Man (and I do feel the same about who puts up with who...LOL)....our daughter and son-in-love and our grandbabies. My Mom who is still with us after a massive heart attack. Trials and troubles that draw me closer to the Lord. Great friends....like you! Love you, sweet Lady. Happy THANKSgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those dishes and the canister set! Your house is looking so festive! Are you hosting the big meal this year? I have the year off and I'm happy about it!! :) Love this holiday and time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather....We do Thanksgiving with my husband's side of the family and everyone brings food dishes and desserts. We have a big crowd each year. Looking forward to some Turkey food! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

      Delete
  4. Cindy, I enjoyed my tour of your fall decorations. it is amazing what finds are out there and how cute the way you have used them. Beautiful family you have! We do have a lot to be thankful for! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your table setting but Henry stole my heart! LOL! YES, we are all blessed for sure. Your family is beautiful Cindy.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Old Henry is cute even with those big old eyes!

      Delete
  6. You have a beautiful family, Cindy! I love your dishes and what a bargain! Love the whole table....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE coming here, Cindy. I'm so thankful for Jesus and His redemption of my soul. I'm thankful for the bond we have with other women because of Him. I'm thankful for you and the way you share your heart here in your space. Your dishes are beautiful! Perfect colors for fall! Loved the tour of your home and seeing pictures of your beautiful family. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words! You are a blessing!

      Delete
  8. Yet another lovely post, Cindy. Thanks so much. We do indeed have so much to be thankful for. I've printed your "poster," and I'm going to frame it and use it as part of our Thanksgiving dinner and decorations. Your dishes are lovely, as is your table, but families are the loveliest things of all. Thankful for those precious blessings at your house and at ours. :) ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zuni. I love finding printables on the web when they are free! LOL! Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for your encouraging words.

      Delete
  9. Nice fall decor, Cindy, and what a bargain with the pretty dishes! Henry is adorable!! I'm trying to think of a cute name for the scarecrow I painted, wish I had thought of Henry first! LOL!

    This week I'm especially thankful for peace and safety on US soil!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! Well you can still name your scarecrow Henry! LOL!

      Delete
  10. Hello Cindy...I am one of your newest followers and I really enjoyed visiting your blog. Your family is just lovely. Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving décor with us.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen, good to meet you. Thanks for popping in. I will be visiting you.

      Delete
  11. Dear Cindy,
    I just feel the pure joy and goodness coming from your heart! You bless us all with your love of God, Family and life, thank you. I must say you are also a savvy shopper, girl! What a neat idea idea for a table runner!
    Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy every blessed moment with your loves!
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...you are so sweet! Thanks so much for your kind words and YES...I am a frugal for sure! LOL!

      Delete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Cindy! I absolutely love everything in your photos! I love the red silicone utensils, the Autumn theme, the tablescape! Everything! We celebrated our Thanksgiving here in Canada last month. I haven't figured out why we celebrate it earlier, but our hearts are thankful. I am very grateful for everything and everyone in my life, including my blog friends. God bless you, Cindy, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda for your kind words. YES...a time to truly acknowledge our thankfulness! Happy Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  13. Dear Cindy, what a beautiful heartwarming Thanksgiving post. From your lovely table setting for the special day to your precious family photos, love lives with you and blessings overflow.
    Love the great find in your dishes. They are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and wishing you and yours a very special Thanksgiving. Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful job you've done with all your Thanksgiving decor. Love the idea of using a curtain as a table runner. Gorgeous family pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of using a curtain for a table runner. I'm still trying to figure out my table for Thanksgiving and that is a great tip! Love the photos of the family. I have so much to be thankful for each and every day, today I am thankful for the sweet man he has given me to walk this life with. Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryann, you do indeed have so many blessings in your life. Even with all that you've been through and going through our Lord has surely blessed you. Happy Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  16. This post just made me smile! Pretty things, a lovely family, and all to God's credit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cindy! I love the idea of a curtain as a table runner! You are so inventive, I never would have thought of that. And isn't it great that you have decorations that your grandchildren love so well? It's tradition, and I love that.

    Your girls are so beautiful, as are their families. What a wonderful blessing! Are they local? It's so great to keep in contact as the the littles grow, marry and then have littles of their own...
    Happiest of Thanksgivings with your table settings and decor. It sure looks like you are ready to party!!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ceil and yes...Praise the Lord my children are all close by me! I am truly blessed.

      Delete
  18. Oh how I love everything about your home--love the table scape....many Happy Blessings to you, smiles. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cindy,
    Such sweet decorations for Thanksgiving and I love Henry!! You have such a beautiful family!! Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!! Thanks so much for visiting!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm catching up on my blog reading and came over to say "Happy Thanksgiving!". Your new dishes are beautiful and I know they set the perfect table for your family. You certainly have a lot to be thankful for. Hope you have a blessed time with these precious people, Cindy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are indeed blessed with a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always enjoy peeking inside your home and coo-ing over your stunning decorations but my favourite part is when we get to see new photos of your beautiful family. Sending love to you all at this very special time of year xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget