Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{What's been happening this week ladies?}

Have you gals been doing anything fun or exciting this week? Well, I've been piddling (as my man would say) with a few little projects here and there. Started on a wreath to go in the new grandbaby's room that is on the way! If I don't get a little more pep in my step she will be here before I get the wreath made!


Watched this grandgirl play a little ball this past weekend. She actually does more than just stand there too! (Ha!) But...she's so darn pretty till if that's all she wants to do is stand there...that's okay with me!


And meet the New Annie! This little sport model here came out of the play room wearing Nana's (Queen of Heart Wig) the other day and singing "It's a hard knock life". Get rid of the crown and we have us an Annie!


She also left Papa and Nana a prize in the refrigerator! Every time she comes we find things like this in our frig! 



We've also been watching the grandson play a little basketball.



And watching our oldest grand grow up WAY TOO FAST to suit this Nana.



My man got a new toy for Christmas so he tried his hand at slicing our own deer steaks. He is in his happy place when piddling in his barn.


And I surely don't want to offend anyone with my meat picture here but "this is our life" and we love us some deer meat! Pretty nice steaks don't ya think?

And just so you will know...we grilled them and they were DELICIOUS!

 Awe...you could label this picture one of those "sweet moments". Nothing like feeling your grandbaby kick and move. Me and my two oldest daughters cannot keep our hands off this pregnant tummy!


Oh I've got to share this with you too! You all know I love "junking" but when I go I am normally on a mission looking for something in particular or just browsing around at the DISHES! Not often do I take the time to browse through clothes or shoes. And I realize some people are "funny" about this sort of thing and that's okay too (each to their own) but when I get a deal...I've gotta share it! I spotted these cute black shoes. Not a blemish on them anywhere and they actually looked brand new. Of course they just happen to be in my size so I decided to get them. As I am checking out the lady in front of me tells me how cute the shoes are and that she had looked at them and would have bought them but wrong size for her. We made conversation and she said, "Those are some nice shoes and you are getting them for a steel". Then she begins to tell me that they are name brand and yada, yada, yada. Well, let me just say that I am not a "Can't wear it if it's not a name brand gal". I'm a "if I like it, I buy it regardless of name. 
BUT....as soon I got to the car I googled the brand. Franco Sarto is the brand. See for yourself....

And for those that might be thinking, "YUK, 2nd hand shoes! Haven't you heard of 91% alcohol and Mr. Clean Fabreeze? Kills bacteria and germs and makes them smell oh so nice! 

 Well, my Mission trip to Nicaragua is coming up real soon now so it's time to start getting things in order.I will be posting more on that upcoming trip first of next week.



And last but not least...I do a daily devotional every day but I also have a box of scripture cards at my office and each day I pull a different one out to read. I couldn't help but chuckle just a little when I pulled this card out this morning.


This has been part of my prayers with preparing my heart for the upcoming mission trip. I think it was just a sweet reminder from the Lord that "OH YES, I AM going to show you GREAT and MIGHTY things that you did not know! Got a feeling there's going to be some "WOWZER moments" 

Have a great day and do something FUN!

Hugs and blessings, Cindy



Comments

  1. I have those same scissors, except mine are PINK!!! ;-) Can't wait to see the wreath. Those steaks look awesome. MY Daddy was a hunter, so that brings back some sweet memories, too. Can't believe how big your grands are getting....and that precious pregnant belly....another "can't wait" to meet her! And, as for "second hand"....that's about all I wear these days. I LOVE thrift stores!!! ;-) So glad God is continually confirming things about your trip....He's so good! HOPE you have a great Wednesday, my Friend!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those the cutest scissors Deb? Yes, you know we are avid hunters too so deer meat is our common core meat. I could eat it every day and it's actually healthy!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cindy, Your grands are so cute and the older one growing up so fast. Lovely photos of them in action. How fun the little surprises left in your fridge. Sounds like your grand has a fun personality.
    Your wreath will be fabulous I know. Love those shoes. You did get a steal at that price. They look brand new too. Looks like your hubby is enjoying his new toy. I bet the meat was delicious grilled.
    Love the photo of you girls touching the baby bump!! Such a precious photo. The little one is going to know you all.
    Enjoy the process getting ready for your mission trip. Praying for you as you share God's love and teach where HE sends you!! Have a great day.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that little baby bump is precious indeed and we get to see a 3D of her on Saturday! YAY!

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed the post today Cindy. LOVE those shoes and my kind of shopping and price. Those steaks LOOK amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! The shoes are very comfortable too so I did get a deal! Ha!

      Delete
  4. Lots of interesting things going on in your life right now! I haven't had deer meat since I was a child. The grandkids are so cute. It's no wonder you are so proud. How exciting that your missions trip is coming up. I love the bargain on the shoes. I've found some great finds at our local thrift store. You just never know what you'll find! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Melanie. You never know what you will find at the Thrift Stores...Another persons JUNK can be another persons TREASURES!

      Delete
  5. Just loved all the grandkid pictures! I had to laugh at the gifts left in the fridge. Out little grand (she's now 21) would leave "I love you" notes for me, she always hid them where I would find them after she went home. I'm sure the great I AM will be leaving you lots of notes too, ones of encouragement for your upcoming trip. And, last of all, let me just say....we love deer meat chili and deer meat sausage! yummy, bet those steaks were great too. God Bless you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Mary, I cook all kinds of things with deer meat! We are avid hunters and love eating deer. Thanks for stopping by and I especially covet your prayers for my mission trip.

      Delete
  6. I can't see how there wouldn't be wowzer moments on that mission trip. You will be so close to the Father's heart as you accept this assignment for the Kingdom. Shoes looks like you will have them for a lifetime with that brand name. I would love to have been in that car with you when you learned that!!! You are fortunate to be able to share so closely with your beautiful grandchildren. I wish I could be present for Sookie as she first now is participating in activities. Bless your day, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my friend, I am clearly stepping out in obedience here with the mission trip. God will be glorified no doubt.

      Delete
  7. I love reading what you've been up to! You have a fun, busy life for sure!! Those grandkids are growing up fast. Slow down!! I've bought shoes at the thrift store myself and gotten some great deals...clean 'em up the same way too! You did get a steal. I knew when you said Franco Sarto that they were a great deal and a great shoe! Those baby kicks must be so fun to feel. Get going on that wreath!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are are certainly storing up precious memories with those grands! They really keep you all busy. I had a pair of Franco Sardo shoes when I taught. I think I got them on sale at Marshalls. They were the most comfortable shoes!! I know you'll enjoy wearing them. Keep us posted on your mission trip. I'll keep you all in my prayers. Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've sure been keeping yourself busy. Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Sweet Friend!

    You scored big with those handsome shoes and I do believe that have never been worn-or barely.

    Deer steaks, deer roasts, etc... I grew up on that naturally organic meat that Mother Nature created all on her own! Lean and packed with protein.

    Your mission trip is going to be amazing, and I am looking forward to hearing all about it-you are the perfect little miss for this!
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love deer meat too! I do believe I could eat it every day!

      Delete
  11. Hi Cindy,

    Never had deer meat but it looks good! What a great deal on those shoes, heck ya to 2nd hand!! Love your posts and your inspiration, you always bless me. I sent you an email, hope to hear from you.

    Smiles,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those shoes are AWESOME Cindy!! I too will buy shoes if it's a pair that fit and are in good condition. Nothing wrong with getting something for way less than retail. Actually it's pretty smart in my opinion. That way I have more money left to spend on other stuff :) Best wishes to you on the mission trip. May you bless and be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the analogy Karen! YES...more money to buy other stuff! Ha!

      Delete
  13. The best kind of busy is "busy with grand-kids".
    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget