Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Sharing my birthday with you}

WOW, it seems that I just celebrated a birthday and now here I am celebrating another birthday! It's just crazy I tell ya! Time waits on NO ONE!
 But praise the Lord for another day of life, right? God is good! 


My three daughters carried me to Biscottis for brunch. You have your choice of what kind of meal you would like but we all chose brunch and it was so good.



Of course as soon as we walked in the door these two little ones eyed the dessert case. They are well known for their luscious desserts.



Their number one seller is their bread pudding with ice cream. I would have thought it would have been one of their many cakes. My daughter Melissa ordered the bread pudding and said it was the best she ever ate! Now when she picked their bread pudding over MINE I knew that meant I would have to step up my game on my bread pudding! LOL! 


YUM...my brunch was delicious. Some of the best cheese grits ever! My granddaugther Kyleigh helped me to eat them all too!


Then the birthday cake came out! Oh my! What a slice of yummy carrot cake. Needless to say my man got to eat what was left that night with a cup of coffee. 




We sure enjoyed Biscottis. I will be going back.


Daughter Melissa....


Daughter Kristy and grandgirl, Kyleigh.


Daughters Melissa and Marti Leigh.


Daughter Kristy.



Next trip was to Peterbrook's chocolate! Good grief...I could swim in this stuff! 



Mallory and Kyleigh loved the samples! 



YES....I will gladly take some of those please!


Then on the morning of my actual birthday here I what I done for most of the morning!


While my man made me breakfast...or in my case, brunch!


He might not have done the most elegant tablescape or presentation but oh do I love him for doing this for me! 


Then on Sunday after church we done a little dining at Cecil's Hometown Cooking!


This sweet little grandgirl Adalynn, joined us and oh is she such a JOY!


Daughter Kristy and grandgirl Raygen.


 I had the baked Tilapia with crab meat stuffing.DELICIOUS!



I sure had a great birthday and just so thankful that the Lord has blessed me beyond my beyond. Family and friends truly made my special day a true JOY!


And just so y'all know, the carpet is out in the little room that I am remodeling. 

I only managed to stick a nail in my finger once!
 
Walls are wiped down and ready to paint.

Boy that's some pink! LOL! Suited me at the time but now onto change!

Border paper came down! Not as bad of a job as I thought it would be. Of course that is easy for me to say since I was sorta an onlooker! HEY, someone had to pick up the border paper off the floor right?


Ready to paint the first coat!


Ended my day with a cup of coffee in my new cup! And yes, I do BELIEVE!



Stay tuned for more remodeling of the little room and I will share my recipes for Chicken Alfredo with Squash Spaghetti

And as for my birthday I want to say, "Thank you Lord" for loving me so much that you gave your ONLY Son that I might have eternal life! Now that's a true gift! 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy 

Comments

  1. A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, sweet Cindy! It looks like you were treated like a queen which is just what you are {{smiles}} Your family is simply precious and you, my dear, are simply beautiful! Truly, you are radiant and your smile just shines. May this year be filled with many delightful blessings and joys. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Cindy! You look beautiful and I love all that yummy food!! So excited about your little room getting started!! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Heather! I did have some good birthday eating for sure! Room has been slow but that's okay too. Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  3. I wish you a special year, my special friend! You radiate the joy of the Lord and I am blessed to read of your life events with those cute daughters and grand kiddos. I laughed at your relaxing photo in front of the fireplace while hubby made your brunch. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, it was wonderful to sit in my recliner with feet propped up while he made me brunch! I could get used to that! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Cindy. WOW, looks like you have had a great birthday. But then it's still your birthday month, right? LOL!
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly celebrated your birthday well! I'm glad you were so pampered and spoiled. Biscotti's sounds like the perfect place to eat, especially the desserts. I would also choose the cheese grits! Yum. Can't wait to see the results of the decorating. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, I am just thankful for my family that loves me in spite of myself! LOL! Yes, Biscottis is great!

      Delete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday!! Hey! I had carrot cake for my birthday too! And, I just have to say, we could really hang out together with our similar haircut and glasses (I have a gazillion pairs and one is just like yours!) and people might think we are sisters! On a regular birthday year (when I am not throwing myself a huge party!) I would spend my day just like you did and love it.....family, eat, family eat....eat, eat, eat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend . I would love to hang out with you . We would have a great time or we might get into trouble ! Lol !

      Delete
  7. You certainly were treated to a couple of nice meals! How sweet of your husband to make a special breakfast for you. The roses look beautiful in the vase...that's a nice touch ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much . I'm enjoying my birthday month .

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday, Cindy. I believe you have celebrated for several days! And my all of that wonderful food, looks delicious. What a beautiful family and wishing you wonder-filled week! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam I have enjoyed my birthday . Praising God for another day of life .

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing your special day with us! Enjoyed all the pictures of your sweet family. Happy, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you miss Mary . It's been a wonderful birthday .

      Delete
  10. What an awesomely blessed birthday weekend you had. You have such a great family...full of love. Can't wait to see what you are doing in your room. And... Look how skinny you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb I've been called a lot of things but skinny isn't one of them ! Lol . Thank you sweet friend . Love you dearly .

      Delete
  11. Awww. Happy belated birthday, my sweet friend. I am so thankful that you shared it with us. Your girls are so special for the way they look after their mama. And that brunch your hubby made you...I TOTALLY get where you are coming from when you said what you did about tablescapes, etc. but you loved him for doing it for you. I have a man like that too...and the food always tastes so much better when he cooks!

    xxx
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend . I appreciate your sweet words so much . Yes it did mean so much to me that Marty tried to make the perfect little table for me . And you know what ? It was perfect .

      Delete
  12. Lots of pretty girls in these pictures - all taking after their mama. I'm so glad you had a special birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cindy, happy birthday. Looks like a very fun day. Yummy desserts, cake and family. Your hubby is a keeper.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your birthday celebrations looked like fun!
    Your family are all beautiful, and you are a very youthful grandma!
    ****~ Happy Birthday~****

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy, What a great birthday you had? Brunch downtown with your girls looked like so much fun. And what a sweet brunch your husband made you. So glad you had two special celebrations!
    Good news your room is coming along. I know you are getting super excited. I hope the painting and carpet will be finished soon and you can decorate. Can't wait to see the finished results.
    Hope you have a great week. Hasn't our weather been nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie . Weather has been great but I sure would have liked for it to be a tad cooler . Just doesn't seem like we have much winter at all . But spring is coming soon ❤

      Delete
  16. Isn't it wonderful to have such a special time with your family to celebrate your birthday! All the food looked wonderful, but I do say that breakfast cooked by your sweet man was very lovely to see, you are loved indeed, most of all by the Lord! Hugs to you today... can't wait to see what your new room is going to look like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much . I'm thinking about color schemes to use in that room and I'm looking at materials online now . It will be a slow process but at least it's in process . Lol ! Yes sweet friend , the Lord has reminded me quite often how very much He loves this old sinner saved by grace ❤

      Delete
  17. Happy Birthday blessings to you, lovely lady! It looks like we share the same birthday month, and what a wonderful way you were treated. Brunch with your daughters looked like fun, and then your brunch prepared by your sweetie was priceless. I look forward to seeing your finished room! Hugs across the miles...❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty what day is your birthday ? Mine was 18th . I feel your hugs sweet friend and thank you for your kind words .

      Delete
  18. Well this was just one wonderful celebration and you are all so pretty! I love your hair, I have been meaning to tell you that.
    Happy Birthday to you! What a sweet, creative, loving, beautiful woman you are with a heart of gold and a spirit full of joy and goodness.
    Can't wait to see your room transformation-it's going to be amazing!
    Blessings and Hugs,
    XO
    JEmma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jemma for the sweet compliments. You are far too kind .

      Delete
  19. Happy birthday, dear Cindy!! It looks like you were treated royally and those roses your man had on your brunch table were perfect! I can't wait to see your craft room remodel. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend . He grabbed that teapot with roses off of another table and put them on the kitchen table and said , well now ain't this just perfect ? Lol !

      Delete
  20. Hi Cindy, So glad you enjoyed a wonderful birthday!! Love the photos of your sweet family and all the fun you did together for brunch and the special breakfast your sweetheart did for you too. Looks like some fun redos going on. Enjoy the process and looking forward to your reveal.
    Blessings to you always my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bless you Cindy! To have your health and be surrounded by a loving family is all that one can ask for and you have both in abundance. I wish you all the best for your birthday and the strength to eat all those chocolate goodies. And now that you can we want to follow along on that room makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Yep, I hope to finish painting this weekend maybe. Then onto the flooring!

      Delete
  22. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I too have a birthday in February. :)
    Are you sure those beautiful ladies aren't your sisters? ;) My you are young and beautiful looking, Cindy.
    You looked as if you had a most delightful Birthday and so many special treats to enjoy, wow!

    Your room is coming along well, good for you!
    I look forward to the reveal, I just know it will be beautiful.

    Much love ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie for your kind words . You are so sweet .

      Delete
  23. Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a wonderful day with your beautiful family!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday Cindy!! Looks like it was fun and delicious! Can't wait to see how your new craft room turns out. I am so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget