Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Room Makeover update and sharing the Birthday Girl}

I bet you all thought I had totally given up on the makeover of my little office/sewing/craft/whatchamacallit room huh? This has surely been a slower process than I had anticipated but it is a work in progress. 

As you know the walls has been painted, the baseboards down and the flooring down. I have FURNITURE now! YAY! 

 

I'm in love with my floors. It's called an "Aged Gray Oak". Goes perfect with my furniture pieces.


So, we went out on a Day Date....YES, us older folks like to be home before dark! LOL!
We went to watch our sweet grandgirl play a little ball.


 Then we enjoyed eating at Bone Fish Grill.


If you have never had the Bang Bang shrimp for an appetizer it is a must! I honestly could have made a meal off of this and the bread they serve.

 Then, it was to shop for furniture for my room. 


I knew in my mind what I wanted but couldn't spot it. My man keep saying, "Let's just go buy some office furniture and be done with it". IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE IS IT LADIES?  I came across this website and began to browse around. AND THERE I SPOTTED exactly what I had in my mind! The company is called Sauder. I had been looking quite a bit on the web and as soon as I spotted the desk and the color I knew that was my furniture. SALT OAK! Love the color and it goes so well with my floors.

I read review after review and was pleased. I also enjoyed reading the history of the company. 90% of their furniture is made in USA. In 1934, Erie Sauder started a woodworking business in a barn behind his home in Archbold, Ohio. Originally a builder of custom cabinetry and church pews, he began crafting small occasional tables from the fine, leftover wood. Very interesting piece to read actually. 

We went to Sauder Furniture with pictures of what I wanted on my phone and let me just say, this was probably the quickest sale ever made at that store!

Here is the L shape desk with hutch that I chose. Of course you can swap out ends and place the keyboard in the middle as well if you'd like.

  Web image

Don't you just love the bookcase? YEP...it's going to be perfect in my room. 

 Web image

I wanted a chest of drawer as well for extra storage. This will be perfect.  

 Web image 

Of course having a closet in my room helps with lots of storage but I thought a chest of drawer would look nice and also serve as a needed storage area as well.

Needless to say the truck was backed up to the back door and the furniture loaded in no time. BOXES----TO BE PUT TOGETHER

   That sure doesn't look like a whole lot does it?

I tried to talk my man into letting the store guys come and put it together for us but no....he could do this... Well, the biggest thing is they only wanted $225 to come do it for me and dang...I still need curtains and some pretties for my new room! So I reminded him that HE HAD TO READ THE DIRECTIONS!  

Well, I must say, he's doing a good job! I've not witnessed any tools flying in the air and no harsh words has been spoken! SO FAR!

  

Hope to show you finished pictures of furniture soon. I am thinking about putting a pretty mirror over the chest of drawer or something. Curtains next though....

Now, I must share a few pictures of our birthday girl. Our granddaughter Raygen turned 13 and yes I know she's mine...but trust me...this girl is as sweet on the inside as she is on the outside.


Her birthday shoot was so much fun. Of course it takes my whole family to do anything so she had plenty of people telling her how and what to do! LOL! 

    
She is musically talented to say the least. 




And she loves to sing....And this Nana loves to hear her!







This sweet girl loves the Lord and I'll take that any day of week!




She plays key board as well. She has written several songs and puts her own music with it which I've had the opportunity to hear. Melts a Nana's heart ya know! YEP...wish I could say she got her talent from me! LOL! But that would be a BIG FAT NO!


And she does like to goof off! 


And she likes to rest...


I think I have done picture overload but I had so much to share with you this week. I appreciate you being a part of my "Little Room" journey and humoring this Nana by looking at a few of my grandgirl's birthday pictures. 

 Web Image

Hugs and blessings, Cindy  

Comments

  1. We can never overload on pictures of our grandchildren. She's is precious, I think it's great she has music in her soul. Love the furniture you purchased for you room, it will really look great with the new floors. Anxious to see pictures of the finished room. Blessings my friend, hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Mary . I'm excited about my room but boy is a lot of work ! I've got the grands okay room piled with things and I've not touched that closet yet in that room . So much to do . I just don't seem to have the get up and go I once did . lol . Yes we live it that our grand is so musically inclined . Her brother, my only grandson plays guitar and drums . An her dad plays ousno and keyboard. There's lots of music st their home for sure .

      Delete
  2. Cindy!!!! I am thrilled that you found exactly what you want and I LOVE the looks of the pieces you picked. They are going to be perfect in your room!! I bet you just can't wait to get it all set up and stuff sorted and organized. Whoo Hooo.....
    Your grandgirl is beautiful and talented. We have one that is musical like that, too, so I know how proud that makes you.
    Thanks for all the great pictures....can't wait to see more. xo diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana . Yes I'm biting st the bits to get more done in that room . Takes time. money and energy fir sure . We are super proud of our raygen . I love hearing her sing at church . Melts my heart .

      Delete
  3. Cindy, I LOVE the color of the furniture you picked. Yes, we have bought bedroom furniture from Sauder and could not be more pleased. That granddaughter of yours is a cutie. I know she makes you smile. How wonderful to be so musically talented and gifted. Our grandson plays electric guitar and plays well.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I thought I remembered you telling g me your grandson played guitar . It's nice to have some musically talented kiddos isn't it ? I saw some of the bedroom furniture they carried and made me want new bedroom furniture ! I had to hurry and get out of there . lol .

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your granddaughter's photo shoot. You did a fabulous job on them! She is growing up into such a lovely young lady (and so talented and sweet too!). I love the progress you've made on your room and the furniture you picked out. I can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. She is indeed a lovely young lady. Has the sweetest spirit. Speaking of my room...now I am thinking what colors to go with the gray tones and white. I thought I had it picked out but now I don't know. Too much to look at. Too many choices. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to your talented, pretty grand girl! Lovely photo shoot. I like Bonefish Grill a lot. Great memories there with my Chicago family. Thank you for your very loving comment on my blog. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Have been thinking about you today after reading your post.

      Delete
  6. Oh, so true about our grand kiddos... absolutely nothing like them. Your sweet girl is so pretty and what a blessing she is to all of you...don't apologize for lots of pics. Wish I could share ours. Your furniture looks great... Your room is looking awesome! Can't wait to see how you decorate it to make it you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Deb...I wish you could show more pictures of your babies but I do understand. Maybe one day!!!! We can wish and hope and pray.

      Delete
  7. I love your floors, love your furniture choices but cannot believe your Hubby opted to put it together himself. Mine would have never done such, he would have paid to have them do it in a heartbeat. :o)) And, your precious Granddaughter, what a cutie! Enjoyable post and I can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Lea. He wanted to save that money because he knew I'd want more things . The older I get the I've decided that my time is valuable and I'm afraid I would have paid it for sure ! Thanks so much for stopping by .

      Delete
  8. Love the floors and the furniture!!Furniture I could put together myself because Joe can never get it right but we would have to hire out for the floors... Your grand daughter is stunning and those pictures of her are amazing!! Thanks so much fro stopping by!!
    HUgs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. {{{Big Big Smiles}}}you always being such joy, Cindy...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new furniture is going to be wonderful for your room, Cindy!! Your darling Raygen is such a cutie. I can tell just by looking at her, that she is sooooo sweet, and she must take after her Nana for that part!! I'm looking forward to seeing your new room all finished out. Have a great week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Kitty! I love the furniture. We have the book case and chest of drawer together. Now to tackle that desk and hutch! I wish I could take the credit for our Raygen's sweetness but she gets that after he sweet mama. Thanks for stopping by friend.

      Delete
  11. Love the furniture and the room looks great. Your granddaughter is a cutie. I love posing on out door shoots. I have done a lot of Seniors and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam .i love the outside pictures .

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday to your beautiful and multi-talented Raygen! Cindy, your room is going to be so pretty. The furniture you purchased will be perfect...I can't wait to see the finished product! Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. One more piece to put together and I think it might be the one that sends us to the ALTER to pray! LOL!

      Delete
  13. I do love that furniture. Good luck with the assembly. Just think of all the fun you're going to have in that room!! The pictures of your granddaughter turned out beautifully! It sounds like she's quite a lady, I know you are so proud. Have a wonderful week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by. Yes, I am ready to move on with the room but at least a lot of things has been accomplished so far!

      Delete
  14. A ful post with great pictures to go with it!
    You are one ambitious and busy lady. Your room is coming together!
    Spring is a great time for birthdays, we have 5 to celebrate!!
    You captured your granddaughter wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Yes, we have birthdays in my immediate family every month but one. Glad you came by today lady.

      Delete
  15. Wow, to be able to find furniture to compliment your floor is fabulous! Love it! You are blessed the your hubby can put the furniture together....we would have had to pay the $225....just sayin'! Your granddaughter is a sweetie. I love the photo shoot of her. My granddaughter just turned 12 and she is already talking about when she is 13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it that the furniture looked so well with the flooring too. I am looking at color schemes now for curtains!

      Delete
  16. Hi Cindy, Oh how wonderful your office room is going to look. I love the flooring and the pretty furniture. I got a kick out of you saying no tools have flown through the air yet of harsh words. haha!!
    Your day date sounds like it was a fun time along with watching your grand play ball.
    Happy Birthday to your sweet teenage grandgirl!! She is beautiful and so talented too. Lovely photo shoot.
    Have fun pulling your room together. Can't wait to see the finished room. Blessings and hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. Yes, I am anticipating to get to do a little more in the room. Boy it sure takes a long time for me to get things done lately. Yes, our sweet grandgirl is talented. Her brother plays guitar and drums and her dad plays keyboard and piano. My daughter just cheers them on! LOL! Everyone needs an encourager though.

      Delete
  17. Oh Girlfriend...I do love your furniture! It is going to be so beautiful...can hardly wait to see everything together. I've so enjoyed watching the transformation. :) Your granddaughter is beautiful, Cindy...and talented...and I know how you feel about her. I feel the same way about my 13 year old granddaughter. :) The visual you have at the end of your post today brought tears to my eyes. It is so so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you my friend . I'm anticipating the outcome of my room and that grandgirl is my firstborn grandchild . I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday . She is a sweet girl . So glad you stopped by .

      Delete
  18. Aww Cindy Happy Birthday to your sweet grandgirl. She is lovely and so, so talented. You should be very proud of her. Now about that gorgeous furniture of yours, you tell the hubby that if he is not willing to do it, that you have friends who can take care of the job for you! And I'll be the first to volunteer! They are great looking sturdy pieces that will add a lot to the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. If there is anyone that I would want to come and help me put stuff together and create something it would be you lady!

      Delete
  19. Happy Birthday to your darling granddaughter! Beautiful photos, Cindy! You have a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww...This was such a delightful post! I loved your image at the end of your post, quite fitting after all those adorable photos of your sweet granddaughter.
    Your room is looking absolutely wonderful!! The choice of your floor and furniture, WOW! Gorgeous in deed.
    What is it about older folks needing to be in by dark? :-)

    Have a great day~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie . Well by about 9 pm I'm ready to sit in my chair and watch chopped and have a cup of coffee . Lol .

      Delete
  21. I love your furniture! It is going to look wonderful in your room. Can't wait to see it all done.
    Your photo shoot with your granddaughter is fabulous. She is a great model and you do so well with photography. I would love to hear her sing you should do a video.
    I signed up to receive email updates when you post and they still are not coming in. I've got to do something about getting my blog roll back. Your blog is not the only one not notifying me. Happy Friday. We are out of town visiting grandchildren in north Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie . I hope you get the blog roll straight . That's annoying isn't it . Enjoy your babies .❤️

      Delete
  22. I enjoyed seeing your granddaughter's 13th birthday photo shoot - so grown up and wonderful to have musical talent.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your furniture is truly beautiful. I love it and cannot wait to see the finished room! And the photos of your granddaughter are also great. She has such a joy about her. Your photography is always fun to see. Wishing you a happy week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of us that are Grandmothers understand completely. And,the chair, so attractive. Great post and pictures. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget