Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{The Celebration Is Winding Down}


I have tried to celebrate my birthday for a month now so guess it's time to move on.....
(SAD FACE)
But, it has been a great birthday and I thank you all for the sweet birthday notes and the cards with gifts of TEA! Love it!


Daytona Beach was our first destination of celebrating. Marty and I both wanted a time of relaxing and for the most part we done just that. We went on a Scenic Dinner cruise and it was so very relaxing. Very low key cruise and laid back. Awesome food and 70's music playing. Needless to say we could hum right along with some of those old tunes. 


The weather was beautiful that day and couldn't have been any more perfect for a boat ride.

 When we passed this sign it brought back memories of 40 years ago. Holy Hill is where we spent our honeymoon. We laughed as we were so young and wondered, "How did we even know how to get there". NO GOOGLE MAPS back then! 


After our scenic dinner cruise we done a little shopping. Well, I done a little shopping. My man just walked around and tried to encourage me that "I did not NEED that probably". LOL! We then went to St. Augustine where we had a little sweet place at an Inn on the harbor. 


The little Inn was really sweet. They like to call it "Condotels". It's the luxury of a condo with a hotel twist. Each unit is owned by someone different and each room is totally different. The one we stayed in was two levels. You walked down into the living area space from the bedroom. A condotel has the luxury of a condo with full size coffee pot, not a one cupper as my man would say, along with lots of extras such as blankets, pillows, full size living room area, two tv's and more. Our unit also had a fireplace.  Of course we had the norm of a hotel with iron, blow dryer, toiletries, microwave as well as a mini fridge but with a freezer. All of our coffee and teas was furnished daily as well as a morning box of fresh baked pastries and fruit from The Bistro which served breakfast and lunch. 



We enjoyed our breakfast treats with coffee each morning on the patio overlooking the harbor. At night the harbor was really pretty. Lights from everywhere glistened on the harbor. Everything was quiet and peaceful. My kind of evening.



 We spent a day on the beach. Me and my daughter Melissa calls it our Happy Place as we both love the beach. Needless to say the water in February was NOT swimming water by any means. I couldn't hardly stand to stick my feet in it. Which to be honest, I do not care about the beach water.  But oh do I love laying in my chair and reading a good book as I listened to the waves. Which speaking of books, this is my 2nd read of "One Church, Four Generations" and it is a great read and eye opening.  


One night we enjoyed pizza from Vinny's pizza which is very good and enjoyed a display of fireworks. 


Found me a thrift store. Bet that doesn't shock you huh? Isn't she just a pretty little thing? She's not a adult size. More a child size but for $3.99 I just had to have her. Going to give her a good spray paint as there are a few places that need touching up.  


We had reservations at the Columbia one night and enjoyed that. Walked around the old streets of St. Augustine and listen to a little music. Well, and people watched. Mercy, that alone can be an eye opener! 


The gift shop at the Columbia has tons of dishes. YES, I disciplined myself and did not come home with not one dish! Not from the Columbia....

 I did find a pair of comfy shoes. No, nothing prissy this time but oh so comfortable. Good walking shoes.

 We ended our trip at Carrabba's before heading home. I must say that this was a most relaxing trip and a wonderful birthday. I am grateful for the opportunity to celebrate life. God is good to me. Always has been and always will be. And can I tell you a little secret? I would have been just as happy celebrating at home, sitting in my backyard by the pond with my man, grilling a steak. Sometimes, it's not so much where we go than it is the change of scenery and change of scenery is good for us all. Don't minsuncerstand me, I love to go and do things. Life is short! But, I am just as content with my life as I can be. Love life...no matter where I am. Thank you all for celebrating with me. 


But....you know? The month isn't quite over......LOL! 

Joining Deb this week for Foto Friday.  
http://www.jeremiah-2911.com/2018/03/friday-foto-friends-120.html


Hugs and blessings, Cindy


Comments

  1. So glad you enjoyed your birthday getaway. I sent you an email on Sunday to see how you liked the dinner cruise but then I realized on Monday apparently I never hit the SEND button! I need an outing for my mind! Yes, those little shoes are cute and so in style. I've been twice to the Columbia. I actually bought some spices from the gift store. Glad you had fun.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, we enjoyed the whole trip . Those cute little shoes came on handy too .😂

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration!!Wow! How can you top that one? So happy for you to have this special time with your hubby...sounds more like a little honeymoon...but that's great too!! Thank you for bringing us along for the journey. I feel like I've been somewhere! LOL Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did enjoy . It’s always good to get away but even better to come home❤️

      Delete
  3. So glad that you enjoyed your birthday trip! The condotels sound charming. Good for you for resisting the pretty china at the Columbia shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady . It was a charming little inn . Nothing fancy but quaint and quiet . Loved the conveniences of it all .

      Delete
  4. You are the cutest thing. This was such a great account of a time away--so needed for couples for a change of scenery. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos. And the thrift store....I laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you know i can’t go anywhere without finding a thrift store . I know where quiet a few are in st Augustine .😊 and i found a cute little thrift store in Daytona . I was quite proud though . Only bought the one thing at the thrift store . I know , it’s a miracle .

      Delete
  5. Oh, what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! I'm so happy for you, sweet Friend. You and Mr. Marty are such a precious couple... I'm envious. And, yes .. You've still got today to celebrate! ☺ 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Deb . We had a great getaway. I think my birthday month of celebration is winding down .😂

      Delete
  6. I am so glad that you and your hubby had this time away...just the two of you...to enjoy a different bit of scenery, but most of all to just enjoy one another. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We had different sceneries to enjoy . Hope to do another getaway soon .

      Delete
  7. I’m so glad you had a great trip! I agree, it is a real blessing and rejuvenator to get away from your everyday and have a change of scenery. The dinner cruise sounded so fun and all of your shopping, I mean strolling, looked like fun, too!! Happy birthday (again), dear Cindy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! Well, I did do more strolling. LOL! I am one of these that has to touch everything and wind up putting it back down. Thanks so much for coming by.

      Delete
  8. We've both enjoyed celebrating all month! Yea for February birthdays, Cindy! I know it was fun to getaway with your Man. The Inn sounded wonderful, and right away I noticed the pretty dishes that they had in the condotel. My late hubby and I visited St. Augustine, and other places in Florida, when we lived in Ohio, years ago. Those shoes are awfully cute, my friend! Are they Sketchers? I'm into comfy, but still must look cute. My youngest son told me years ago that if I ever wore "old lady looking shoes", he would take me out and buy me a new pair!! I probably should buy an ugly pair and keep him to his promise...ha ha ha!!!
    Yea for being content and enjoying HAPPINESS! Love to you, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty, start wearing the old ladies shoes so you can get some new ones from your son! LOL! I bought those cute shoes at Marshall's. They are not sketchers. But very comfortable. What really make me HAPPY is they were on sale! YEP, my kind of shoes! LOL!

      Delete
  9. Oh, I think it would be just grand if we all could celebrate our birthdays all month instead of just one day. Perhaps if a month is too much, we could do a week of celebrating?! :)
    Enjoyed seeing all the places you traveled. Our family visited St. Augustine once. There is so much history there, and it's beautiful at Christmas. That's when we went. They have a trolley of lights and free hot cider and cookies because it's cold out then! And a condotel is a cool place. I've never heard of it, but sounds fun to stay in!
    Glad you were able to relax and enjoy the beach. And are those books I saw in the beach bag?! ;) That's my kind of relaxing. :) lol.

    Hope you have a simply lovely day!

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, my husband has worked in St. Augustine for many, many years. People will ask me why would I want to go to St. Augustine when he works there. I tell them, He works there, I don't! LOL! But yes the festival of lights are beautiful there. Christmas is a good time to visit St. Augustine. The history is rich. It is a happening place around there too. I personally love St. Augustine. Yes girl, If I am going to the beach I have to carry a book. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  10. Oh, sweet friend! This is just wonderful! Your zest for life is contagious!! Love and appreciate you and hope God blesses you with many, many more birthdays every bit as happy as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm smiling! Sounds like a great birthday celebration. I could get into some beach sitting myself!
    Love your wit and sweet attitude about life. Glad you and hubby had a good time.
    Happy Birthday, sweet Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time Bonnie. I am so jealous though that you got to meet the gals! Wish I could have tagged along.

      Delete
  12. Happy, happy belated birthday dear friend! What a fabulous and romantic get away you both did.
    Thank you for your kind comment. Don't worry we will pray for your sweet daughter. God is good.
    Hugs,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fabby. My girl has had a very healthy pregnancy and we are expecting a smooth delivery and healthy baby end of May.

      Delete
  13. Cindy, what a fabulous birthday month you had! Your trip looks relaxing and just perfect. My hubby and I just got back from our 45th anniversary getaway. I will be posting about it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you're fully enjoying your last day of birthday month. What a wonderful trip. Thanks for taking us along! I love your beach hat. I could sit and read a book all day on the beach, just listening to the waves and beach sounds. Of course you found a thrift shop! I'm the same way.. That Columbia had gorgeous dishes. I know you'll do something cute with that dress form. I love the idea of a condotel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s my new hat so had to break it in . 😂 yep i visited several thrift stores and loved that sweet little dress form . Marty said , what are going to do with it ? I told him i might just play dress up and some of the grandgirls clothes on it ! He just rolls his eyes at me. 😂

      Delete
  15. Well, you're worth a months worth of celebrating! :) Glad you have had such a fun time. Love your new shoes too. I bought a cute comfy pair today as well. Hubby and I are headed for a two week trip to Texas in the morning. Can't wait to see those bluebonnets blooming!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love pretty shoes but i do like a pair of comfy shoes too . So glad i found some cute ones . You are going to have fun girl . Enjoy those blue bonnets .

      Delete
  16. How nice to get away for your birthday! My celebrations usually last about a week....I will have to see about doing a whole month! Looks like it was a great time and you got a really cute pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ann marie . It’s been an awesome birthday . That’s one good thing about birthdays, the celebration time ! 😂

      Delete
  17. Looks like you had a great BDAY month! Not been to Daytona is years. I was there for a couple of Daytona Race Openings! And St Augustine what a beautiful place!! Both great places to visit for you bday. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to a few of the races years ago . Girl, you talk about crowded ! Whoa ! Happening place when the race is on ! I’ve been blessed for my birthday .

      Delete
  18. Great that you had a month of b'day celebrations! You were in my neck of the woods - St. Aug. is 30 min. north of us and Daytona is 30 min. south of us. We love going to both, and go often! Like being on a permanent vacation!

    God Bless!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine i actually thought about you coming back from Daytona . I knew you lived around palm coast area . We surely enjoyed our time .

      Delete
  19. I had to pop on over and wish you the sweetest of birthdays!
    Beautiful relaxing getaway, sigh...

    Love to you~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning!
    You are the cutest little miss ever! What a lucky man your man is to have you by his side. Just love that you had such a great time and were able to get away for your Birthday celebration! Happy Birthday year to YOU!!
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you really know how to celebrate and enjoy it. We were at St. Augustine years ago and climbed all those steps in that lighthouse! Oh, my, could not do that now. May you have many more years of happiness and serving the Lord. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. Yes I too climbed those steps YEARS AGO! Won't happen now! LOL!

      Delete
  22. Oh, what a fun birthday! Happy Birthday, my friend! (Late...or maybe again...I can't remember because that's just my life, lol.) These photos were so fun to look at. :) I'm so glad you got to do this. Great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You sound like me! I do good to remember yesterday.

      Delete
  23. Oh what a fun, fun time that had to be! The cruise alone but then the fabulous accommodations...wonderful with all those lovely perks! I do love lounging on the beach...I feel so close to the Lord walking along the beach very early in the morning before anyone else is up. Thank you for sharing your lovely time with us. Birthday HUGS to you, sweet friend!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you . We did have fun . I’m ready to go back to beach 😊

      Delete
  24. Wow.. what a great birthday!
    Happy birthday and many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the idea of celebrating your birthday all month. Looks like a wonderful birthday Cindy. Happy birthday sweet Cindy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Happy Birthday! How wonderful that you got to spend such a lovely time with your husband in such a lovely getaway place! I imagine it must be lovely visiting the beach when there aren't so many people around. Just sitting, relaxing and enjoying the ocean waves is so relaxing. Glad you got to visit a few thrift shops and found some fun things to bring home with you! Sweet precious pictures of you and Marty :) So happy you had such a blessed, sweet and wonderful time celebrating your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend . I love the beach and we sure did have a great time .

      Delete
  27. Cindy,
    Glad that you enjoyed your Birthday Getaway......And thanks so much for stopping by and for commenting on my post about blogging!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy birthday Cindy! What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. And 40 years together - that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly . Our anniversary was back in September s d our daughters had us a small private family party . But we did get a good laugh wondering how we ever made it to the hotel in holly hills with google map 40 years ago 😂

      Delete
  29. Beautiful pics. What a wonderful birthday. Happy birthday Cindy. Hugs and Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet friend! What a blessing your birthday was! I think I am getting this post very late and think I may have already commented on it. If I did, sorry! Sending love and hugs your way today!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an amazing adventure! You both look so happy, love to see couples who have been together for some time and are still together and in love. We just started a life adventure and are going to travel where ever the wind takes us. I will have to see if the wind will take us the same way you went.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative.
    I'm gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future.
    Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget