Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{A Blast From The Past}





 Web image

I shared with you all last week about why my blog name is "Creations by Cindy" and I appreciate the many sweet comments on my little old photography. I also had several of you contact me personally to ask me about using actions in Photoshop so I wanted to share with those of you interested in a site that I have loved for years, MCP Actions. 

I have several of their actions that I use and one of my favorite's is called Magic Skin. https://mcpactions.com/product/magic-skin-retouching-photoshop-actions/
Some of my favs are Eye Dr. and Dentist, Touch of light and darkness, and sharpening actions. If you are a Light room user they offer precepts. Some sweet freebies too! If you are into photography and would like a little help to ease the work load, check them out! 

I wanted to share a "blast from the past" with a few pictures today.

I had not mastered lighting when I snapped this picture and still haven't! But this was a fun Mother-Daughter photo shoot. This sweet Mama has another little girl now.
 


This is one of my most favorite pictures. Of course these kiddo's are my grandbabies!  Since this picture we have another little grandgirl that I hope to capture a picture like this one with all five this summer. Our family is beach bound for a whole 7 days this summer! YAY! 
 




A few wedding ring shots....

 



This was one of my favorite shots of Dad and Mom having prayer with their daughter. 
 

This might have been one of the largest weddings I ever shot. This couple are both doctors now. I knew I should have charged them more money! LOL! 


 This sweet and sassy little thing is my granddaughter. 

And don't think for one minute that she didn't enjoy blowing that confetti every where! 

A few Senior pictures of my nephew who is now serving in the US Navy and married. 

 
This picture was probably the first time I ever tried changing out backdrops. It was tedious work. I snapped the picture of her standing outside and then I had purchased this digital backdrop to make this picture happen. This was when backdrops seemed to be so popular. Now they make this process a little easier to do than when I tried my hand at it.
 

This is another one of my favs and once again, this little cutie is my granddaughter. 
 


And of course we must capture fun pictures. I love the pictures that speak FUN!





I wonder what these little girls might have been talking about?


One of my favs too.


This was the first time I planted sunflowers and they all came up and I had some of the prettiest sunflowers ever!  I think the Scripture goes perfect with my pretty sunflowers. 


 I hope you have enjoyed having a little "blast from the past" with me. It has been fun for me to reminiscence a little. 

And talk about reminiscing a little...
My oldest grandchild will celebrate her 13th birthday on Easter Sunday and I cannot for the life of me figure out where those 13 years went.

   
 
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Love it, love it, love it (everything, I mean, lol)--Happy 13th Birthday to your granddaughter!!!

    Have a beautiful week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all of these blasts from the past! I love seeing your old photos and processing!! My favorite might be that sweet tea party! Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cindy,
    Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous photos as a "blast from the past". They are so much fun to view and read what they each represented to you. I LOVE the one of your little granddaughter standing in front of the gas pump...she knows how to pose...and her smile is infectious.

    I hope you are feeling well and that things are going good in your "new room". :)

    xx
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks my friend . My room is a slow process . I cannot decide what type of furniture I want to put in there yet . Nor can I decide on curtains . I'm being really slow with this but hoping it will be worth it in the end . Thanks fir coming by .

      Delete
  4. You're awesome my friend! Great photos....I love the ones of your grandchildren. Happy Birthday to the birthday girl, a teen-ger, WoW..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks miss Mary . I'm turning on that oldest grands pictures now .

      Delete
  5. Wenger photo was awesome! I sure enjoyed the blast from your past, Cindy.
    You are amazing with the camera, well done!
    I had a few favorites, the tea party is gorgeous and that covered bridge was quite stunning.
    Thank you for sharing your beauty with us.

    Easter Blessings to you, dear lady~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie . That bridge is one of my favs .

      Delete
  6. Awesome talent, my Friend. Love all the fotos, especially the ones of the grands! ;-) HOPE you're still feeling better....take care your yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful!
    You have an eye for details. Not to much and yet enough to enhance the subject. That is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful....beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, what a gift you have! These photos are fabulous! Of course you have some of the best subjects, right? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend . My little subjects are so used to having a camera in their face . lol .

      Delete
  10. Cindy, what gorgeous pictures that you captured. I enjoyed every shot especially your darling grands! Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos, Cindy! You do have a gift! When I started my blog, I used Picasa but now it seems to be phased out and trying to find another, easy to use editing tool is a real hassle. Is there a bit learning curve with mpcactions ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I used Picasa some for a while. MPC Actions are used in Photo shop to lighten the work load of editing. They are not a stand alone aid for editing pictures. You can find some really cheap editing programs for free on line and some fairly decent ones to purchase as well. Photo shop is pricey. Lightroom is another good one. You just have to shop around my friend.

      Delete
  12. Cindy, enjoyed looking at the pictures. Well, my favorite picture is that cutie blowing the confetti. I bet she loved doing that. Happy birthday to your birthday girl and Happy Easter Cindy.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful and precious photos, my friend! The tea party picture brought a smile to my face....such sweetness!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. I figured you would like the Tea party! LOL!

      Delete
  14. Thank you for sharing these beautiful shots, Cindy! I love them all. You're family is blessed to have a pro documenting all the fun you guys do together! Happy Easter to you and yours and have a blessed Holy Week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cindy, Beautiful photos from your very talented eye for photography. Love seeing the blast from the past. Happy Birthday to your beautiful grand daughter. Wishing you a very Happy Easter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so loved reminiscing with you through your precious photos, Cindy! I must say, that beach scene is absolutely darling. How fun to go to the beach this summer and capture some more pictures of all your grands. Happy Easter, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe kitty ! My favorite too is the beach scene with my grands . Happy Easter to you my friend .

      Delete
  17. I can see why your favourite photos are just that - every one is special though and unique in how you've captured the subject/s. Love the wedding rings on baby's toe!
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cindy, your photography is amazing! That first picture is absolutely precious. Each one I saw ignited more delight in me!! I have some fun confetti eggs to give the grands for Easter. I hope they have fun with them. I wish I had half of your photography talent!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jann . I know that you will enjoy Easter with your grands .

      Delete
  19. Wonderful and fun photos...our youngest grandest girl turned 15 and I just had a little bird tell me that there's some 15 yr old fella calling her every day on the phone....and she loves it...o, my.....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe BJ...she has a boy calling her? They grow up too fast! Makes me sad. But it is a circle of life.

      Delete
  20. I am so in awe of your amazing photography skills and​ I love all of your pictures but my absolute favourite is the gorgeous beach shop. Looking forward to seeing the update in the summer! Wishing you all a blessed and joyful Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie . I'm hoping to capture all 5 grands with s beach shot this summer .

      Delete
  21. Lovely post Cindy. you have a gift of beautiful photography...always camera ready. Love seeing your family. It is difficult to pick a favorite. Happy Easter to you and your sweet family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pictures and precious memories.
    Happy Easter.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cindy I so enjoyed looking at your photography. So many precious moments captured, so many moods. I think you are a natural with children they all seem so happy in the photos. Blessing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How amazing to share with you as you walked through the past pictures you had taken! You have some amazing talent, but I don't blame you for just wanting to spend your talents with your grandchildren, no better way than to let our talents bless our families! I have been to many weddings where there were too many "bosses" and I completely understand your issue with them, lol. I would have to say that my favorite picture that you took is the one of the grands on the beach, it is just precious! Thank you for sharing the past with us, I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget