Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

Wednesday in the Word-Do I need to go to CHURCH?

Can you be a Christian and not go to church?
Why sure you can....the gospel is clear...
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 NKJV



Let's narrow this down a tad though...Do you remember the story of the thief on the cross that was next to Jesus? He never had the opportunity to go to church yet Jesus promised him that he would be in paradise with him. (Luke 23:39-43) According to the Word of God this man trusted & believed Jesus. So in a sense it is true that you don't have to go to church to be a Christian. BUT....As soon as we start saying what we have to do and what we don't have to do in order to be saved we are in danger of getting the Gospel totally confused....and as soon as we start coming up with excuses as to why we do not need to go to church if we are a Christian has caused many a Christian to go astray.



Here is the thing....If we are a Christian then we are a member of God's Church and the church is our family. Matter of fact the church being our family is one of God's precious gifts to us. The Christian life was never meant to be lived alone! Matter of fact I would be willing to say that it is IMPOSSIBLE to live the Christian life alone and be what Christ expects you to be.
Now I am not talking about Homebound and shut-in's that cannot physically go to church. There is a major difference. Though I've seen those that seem to be able to go everywhere else they wanted to go but could not attend one hour in the house of the Lord. (That is all I am going to say about this one)


The way I see this is in comparison to marriage. Marriage involves a relationship that comes from spending time together and communication.In order to build up my marriage and have a healthy marriage I must do these two things. Well in order to mature and grow in Christ it is vital to me to spend time with my church family to feed off of God's Word AND to use my gifts, talents and abilities to help others within the body of Christ.  


The Bible says in 1st Corinthians 12:4-11 (NKJV)
 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.  There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:  for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,  to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,  to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.


Spiritual gifts are not natural skills or talents (James 1:17), they are given with the Holy Spirit at our spiritual birth. They are for all believers; every believer has been given at least one gift, some more, depending on their calling. The fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22) is not the same as a spiritual gift; they are the character of Christ being developed in each believer. 



I personally do not think you can mature as a believer without your church family.

We are going through the Doctrines on Sunday night and my Pastor said this, "Those who say they have a relationship with Christ but they do not need to go to church is speaking contrary to the teaching of Christ". I believe this to be so true!

Hebrews 10:24-25 (NKJV) says,
 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,  not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.



 I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my church family. Nor can I imagine how stale I would become without the church body to help me grow, flourish and mature in Christ. I need them and they need me! When we have people that join our church our Pastor will always ask, "Do you know why God brought them to us?. The answer is ALWAYS the same. "BECAUSE WE NEED THEM".



Remember when I said in a previous post that a picture paints a thousand words? That is how I feel about the pictures being shown today. Not just because they are pretty roses, lilies, herbs and veggies...but because had we not tilled the dirt, fertilized, watered, and picked the weeds from away from them then they would not be what they are now! It is the same way with being a part of a vital, believing, teaching church...WE WILL NOT GROW in the Lord as Christ would like for us too without the church! 


I don't know about you my friend...but I need my church! I need the accountability, the love, the hugs, the friendships, and the prayers. I need to be there to give to others as well of myself. The church needs us and we need the church!

 Hugs and blessings,
 Cindy 


  
  
 









Comments

  1. Very well said!!! I am sharing this because I have heard so many times that "I don't need to go to church to be a Christian". I'm like you, I need my church family and I feel so much closer to God there than any other place even though He is with me everywhere.
    Kim Crews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your post today Cindy. I was one of those that said, "I am saved but I don't need to go to church because I can have church at home". I will not tell my story on your blog but let me say this; God done an amazing work in my life and clearly has shown me that I NEED my church but more so that if I love Him as I say I do then why would I not want to be a part of His church. Great post.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit the nail on the head here: "I personally do not think you can mature as a believer without your church family." Yes, we can be a believer and saved without attending church, but that's like learning your ABCs at home without ever going to school to learn to put sentences together. Loved this today, my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy! I so enjoy your Wednesday in the Word. This was a great post. I too need to go to church and would fill so guilty and left out if I didn't go. I know we can't depend on the church for our 'walk with God' but going to church, hearing the Word, fellowshipping with other believers certainly helps me with my walk. Encouragement, challanges, I need that.
    Sending hugs,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post, cindy! enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my.....you've hit on a topic near to my heart. Thank you for your wisdom and insightful. God has given you the gift of wisdom and discernment! HOPE you have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had this conversation with folks and I would have to agree with all you have written here. You can certainly be saved and not go to church but we were not meant to walk this life alone. We were made for fellowship. I think the analogy with the plants is a perfect way to think about it. We need each other to grow and mature

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed reading this post, believe you are right on target. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th