Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

Wednesday in the Word



 http://www.drchristinahibbert.com/confession-i-was-addicted-to-busyness-didnt-even-know-it/
 


I don't know about you but sometimes it just seems that the busyness of life just creeps up on me and the next thing I know I am overwhelmed, frantically searching at how to make it all work and come together and totally brain dead! Do you get like that too?

 http://spongefox.deviantart.com/art/Col-Erase-fun-Frantic-Fido-180153419
  
 Sometimes our crazy busyness of life is things we absolutely cannot control. It's the phase of life we are living at the time. However, there are lots of things that we just "flat" out bring on ourselves and that is when we must step back, take a deep breath and say "Lord, help me to pick and choose what is best. Lysa Terkeurst says it best in her book "The Best Yes"....making wise decisions in the midst of endless demands.


But can I tell you something else that we as Christians tend to do that takes our focus away from Christ? We tend to get so caught up in details of church activity, the planning, the making it happen, the how, where, when and what's of the ministry at hand that the next thing we know we are back to being
Web image

 Now don't misunderstand me...We must be aware of needs and take care of details...but we must learn to balance it too! 

We have good intentions. Our motives are pure. But we find ourselves being so busy trying to do good that we forget about the real reason we are doing any of it.



God has reminded me recently that It's all about Him...It's not about Me...it's not about the church folks or the ministries at hand, it's not about anyone or anything...BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM!

I find myself being more of Martha than a Mary and I am just being honest with you. I desire to be more like Mary...to remember that YES things are needed, decisions must be made and life is busy and that is just a "given" but when my focus is Christ then everything else falls into place. Being a Mary doesn't give us permission to be a lazy Christian. But being a Mary should teach us to seek, listen and learn from the Master.
Web image

May we not get so caught up in the details of serving that we forget WHOM we are serving.

Have a blessed day friends.

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

 

Comments

  1. Oh Cindy, what an outstanding post, my friend! And one that is so needed. I tend to be that "Martha" type person myself, so I truly "get" what you are saying. And I love that you included the fact that being a "Mary" is not an excuse for being a lazy Christian, but rather putting first things first! Such a "right on" post. Thank you ever so much! I've downloaded the "Busyness" badge to my computer and I intend to print it off and put it on my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. The Lord has to shake me up at times to bring my focus back to where it needs to be! And yes...being a Mary does not give us permission to be LAZY! Another whole blogging post one day! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Oh, how I loved your words in the comment you left me...."let's just take the wrapper off the candy".....for me, it's "let's just rip this band aid off that wound"....but, so many of my wounds are self-inflicted. Thank you for your honesty and for your help and for that great big heart of yours who is so willing to share with others! HOPE your day is chock full of blessings....slow down....breathe....God's got this!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers Deb! And yes...I have slowed it down and BREATHING! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Cindy, if the church didn't have so many lazy Christian's then our busy Christian's wouldn't have to be so busy. And you are right, balance is the key. It's the key to all things in life and not just church.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dear Connie...I couldn't have said this any better! Sending you an email shortly girl!

      Delete
  4. Amen, Cindy!! We must learn to choose--Martha or Mary? It's as simple as that! Thanks! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Zuni. The choice is always ours but I get so caught up in the flesh sometimes that I have to take a HIT of being OVERWHELMED before God gets my attention! He is good to do that for us though!

      Delete
  5. Cindy, another exceptional post. Have a good Wednesday.
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy! I am coming over from Deb's blog, where you helped her so much with your kind words. I love that! The blogging community is such a 'heart-full' place, and you proved it again.
    It's wonderful to meet another Christian blogger. I look forward to reading here again :)
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...so nice to meet you. I always love meeting other sisters in the Lord! Debbie has a very special place in my heart. Any friend of Deb's is my friend. Look forward to visiting with you.

      Delete
  7. Amen, Cindy, another worthwhile and meaningful post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, dear friend - you are the second girlfriend this week who has recommended Lysa's book to me. I'm going to go right away and get it on my Kindle. I hear you so well - we get involved in the busy details of life and forget that HE is the reason we live and move and have our being! It IS all about Him. Thank you for the reminder today.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne, you will enjoy it. I am reading it off and on in between teaching another class on Hebrews. It would be really be a good little study for a group of women or a private study to spend time with God!

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget