Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

Happy Anniversary to us!

Well let me begin by saying that my last post has disappeared! YEP...just gone! I have no clue what happened. I pulled up my blog to see that my post had been removed. But, I can't thank you enough for all those that responded with prayers and well thoughts. So many of you gave me ideas and I am so glad that I wrote them all down. I am so much better and today is actually the first day that I will not take the medication so we can see how I do. First physical therapy went well. Learning so much by research and being my own health advocate. Thanks again for your support. Now onto "sweeter things" in life. 


On September 23rd we celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary. On one hand that seems like forever ago but on the other hand it seems like yesterday. I just wish I had that youth of energy that I had 41 years ago! And those knees that didn't crack...and that complexion that didn't need much makeup...and that skin that didn't have so many wrinkles...and that chin that didn't double, and well, that BODY


Oh mercy! You know when you start having to use lots of moisturizers, take lots of vitamins, work on your posture to keep EVERYTHING pulled up to where it needs to be, and can still sit down at the end of the day and share your ailments together that is TRUE LOVE


We dated two years before we married. We were so young. Married at the young age of 18. Started our family at the young age of 20. 


I remember my granny telling many years ago that marriage was like a car. She said you have to work on it occasionally to keep it running. Pretty smart words from a wise woman I think. 


The question was asked; "What are your greatest accomplishments in 41 years of marriage? Well, I think you know that answer. That picture collage tells our greatest accomplishments.


God has shown us mercy and grace and yet we deserved nothing. He has shown us love that far exceeded anything I could ever begin to imagine. He has taught us to love regardless of our failures, mistakes, shortcomings and sometimes just flat out being stupid.  God has taught us far more about perseverance than I EVER wanted to learn. But, He showed us many years ago that in order to truly LOVE ourselves and each other that we must love Him...and why? Because He first loved us! 


I pray that God will grant us many more years together. May we "dance" forever. 

Hugs and blessings to you all dear friends,

Cindy





Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary, Cindy! Love the photos and the happy smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and Happy Anniversary! You two are such a great couple and have all of your blessings around you. I'm glad you're feeling a little better, thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather Lou. Yes...feeling much better my friend.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I sent you an email yesterday. It was rather late in the day before I could. Love all the pictures Cindy. And...what better accomplishments could you have?
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your email Connie. Thanks so much and yes it was a very good day. I will be emailing you back a little today. Thank you MORE for your prayers!

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you, Happy Anniversary to you, Happy Anniversary dear Cindy and Hubby, Happy Anniversary to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have so much in common, sweet Friend! We celebrated 41 years in April! Congratulations...and you're still absolutely gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something weird was going on with your blog yesterday. This wasn't the post that was up...it was a different one....strange. Anyway, I enjoyed looking at all of your sweet photos and it looked as though your anniversary was quite memorable! May you have 41 more years together! Hugs and much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Debby! I have no clue what was going on. I remember another blogger saying that she went to post on her blog and her last post had disappeared. CRA-CRA! 41 more years would be a blessing provided I got my health and mind and girl...both are playing with each other lately. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary to you kids. :) Love the pretty family collage. You are bless with a wonderful husband and loving children and grandkids too. Many more blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait...what did I miss? Did I see something about Physical Therapy?? I must have REALLY missed something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you an email. It was the blog post that disappeared.

      Delete
  9. Ooh dearest Cindy...Happy 41st Anniversary to you and your hubby! Yes, the collage of pics does show your greatest accomplishments, for sure. I am so glad that you're feeling better, and pray that you'll continue. Being your own advocate is the best thing, for we know our own selves better than anyone.
    May you and Marty have many, many more anniversaries! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty. I appreciate your prayers so much. Yes, I pray that we can enjoy many more years together dear friend.

      Delete
  10. I loved this post so much, and I am truly happy for you as you celebrate 41 years of wedded "bliss". Yes, you know the secrets to staying happy together. #1. being rooted and grounded in Christ is the biggest and most important foundation you can have. Love seeing your pictures. God bless you both with many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. I appreciate your prayers and your anniversary wishes.

      Delete
  11. Congrats to you both! You have grown up together. :) We were young too. I was 19 and hubby was 21. I think you both look great. Not sure what's going on with you. I clicked on my e-mail about that post and yup, it was gone.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. Yep that post disappeared! I will send you an email. Doing much better though friend.

      Delete
  12. Cindy- Happy Anniversary to you. What wonderful pictures of you and your hubby. We are 2 years ahead of you. Who would have thought when we all got married that we would have over 40 years in with that person?! lol It didn't seem possible that we would ever really AGE!

    You have some lovely photos and are as pretty as can be. Have a good week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana. You always make my day sweeter and brighter.

      Delete
  13. Happy ANNIVERSARY! ♡
    Such a beautiful couple, with a gorgeous family in deed.
    Your beautiful smile explains it all. 😍

    So happy to hear that you are doing some better, I do pray that your therapy works wonders for you.

    God bless the both of you ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. 2nd therapy session this week. God is good.

      Delete
  14. Oh, wow! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO BOTH OF YOU!!!! May God bless you with at least 41 more years together, and may they be happy, healthy ones! You two were absolutely made for one another by our loving Father, and you just shine with His love! SO very happy for you, sweet friend. :) P.S. I can relate to the crackling, sagging, and wrinkling!! LOL! But, SO very thankful to be alive and still here with our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Cheryl for your kind words. You are so very precious.

      Delete
  15. Happy anniversary!! We just made 30 this year. (We were almost 30 when we got hitched.) I’m wishing you many more happy years. Praying you’re feeling better every day, sweet lady! Z

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh... I really like your Grsmdma’s quote about marriage being like a car. I’m going to use this!

    ~~~~****.💕 Congratulations💕 ****~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine my granny had a way with words. Sometimes the way she would say it sounded funny or crazy at the time but oh how I miss her words of wisdom that seemed so very simple.

      Delete
  17. Happy Anniversary, sweet friend. You and your husband make such a precious couple and your family is ever so beautiful. May this year be extraordinary. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie. God's grace is more than I could have ever imagined.

      Delete
  18. Happy Anniversary, Cindy! Glad to hear that your neck pain has improved, thanks to physio. I know some physiotherapist so I'm a bit biased. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Love your red and it is definitely a great color for you. I was 18 when we got married as well and it's kind of scary thinking about it now. :o)) Blessings abundant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is a beautiful post. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 41st Anniversary dear friend! God is so faithful and good to us. I am so glad you are feeling better, hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for visiting my Wednesday Medley today! Nice to meet you and I will be back! Happy anniversary a few days late! Love the photos and your family is just beautiful! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. We're gonna have a fun time visiting one another I can already tell.

      Delete
  23. Happiest Anniversary, Cindy.
    I just love your hair...so cute

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary!!! So you are together for 43 years total?? So are Joe and I!! I thought I was young, getting married at 20 but Joe is almost 4 years older than I am...... Congrats to you!! Th
    Thanks so much for visiting!!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I have missed so much. Happy Anniversary dear friend! Forty one years is a long time but you look happier with each passing year. I wish you all the best with your growing family for the next 41 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th