Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Happy 4th Of July and Musings}

Happy 4th of July!


WOW! Where did the month of June go? Matter of fact, where did half a year go already? We will be celebrating July 4th this week and I'm just curious. How do you celebrate? Fireworks? Picnic? Beach trip? Yard and home decorated with red, white and blue? Family and friends? Or simply quiet time?


As most of you know I am a coffee drinker in the mornings. Oh I must have COFFEE!  But, sometimes in the afternoons I simply want a cup a tea. If you are a tea drinker and have never tried Vanilla Bean Macaroon then it's a must try. Taste like dessert! YUM! I must admit that 4th of July decor for me was not on the table this year. I've been too busy doing other things and just haven't taken the time to get my decor out. I do keep flags out all year round that stick in various plants I have outside but I did decide to do a little vignette for my looking pleasure.  Maybe on July 4th I will be inspired to at least set a table. LOL!
 

However you celebrate I do hope that you have a wonderful July 4th celebration and a safe one. 


My middle daughter Melissa recently bought herself a nice camera and is in photograph mode. Her oldest daughter has shown an interest in photography and my oldest granddaughter will be taking a photography class. Needless to say this make ME SO HAPPY as I have always enjoyed photography. Though now I only shoot pictures for my grands but I still enjoy it from time to time. I had fun watching my girl snap pictures of her girls.


I can't wait to see how her pictures turn out. Her girls are involved in various activities so now she has a good camera to catch those special moments.



BUT....you know me...NANA couldn't stand it so I had to snap just a couple of pictures of the girls. Our Mallory Grace just got braces. Of course Nana had to make her some potato soup to help that sore mouth you know....
 

Kyleigh got new glasses this week so she will be sporting those in her next pictures I am sure. Don't you just adore the girls tops?



Do any of you have or use an Instapot? When they first came out I was hesitant but then my daughter's bought me one for a gift a few years ago. I am truly the CROCK POT QUEEN because I love slow cooking.  But, the Instapot sure helps out when I am in a hurry. Or when I want to boil peanuts! YES!  BEST boiled peanuts ever! I have made lots of things in my Instapot but recently whipped up a cabbage, sausage and potato dish. I added a few carrots and peppers and needless to say my husband loved it. 
 


I was raised with a pressure cooker so the Instapot doesn't frightened me in the least. 
Mine is a large one so I keep it in the cabinet and pull it out when I use it. But, then the only appliance I leave out on the counter is my COFFEE POT! LOL!
I have made all sorts of things in the Instapot. It just takes a little time to learn it.


These three sweet girls surprised Nana one day by coming by my office to see me. Sure made me smile.


I made a pineapple upside cake for a dear friend recently who started chemo on Thursday of last week. I added a dollop of butter cream icing with pineapple juice to the top of the cherries and around the cake and made a few pieces of dark chocolate just because I wanted too. LOL! YEP, I kept a bowl of the dark chocolate for myself....After all, dark chocolate is good for you. RIGHT?


Well I will end today with this. 4th of July is a great time to celebrate with fireworks, maybe hamburgers, hot dogs or grilled ribs and let's don't forget, that patriotic dessert. It's a time to for us to display our red, white and blue flags proudly and I do because Old Glory is a beautiful sight to me. Maybe even wear our patriotic shirts and who knows, I might even get up singing the National Anthem! Well, chances of that happening before coffee is like ZERO! Or in front of anyone either......LOL! 
But with all that....FREEDOM is what comes to mind for me. And Freedom to me means my freedom in Christ Jesus.  

Web image 

Happy 4th of July to you all. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy  

Comments

  1. A beautiful post my friend!! BTW-I have gone back to Blogger; https://lindamconley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. So excited you are back to blogger. Me and WP did not get along! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures. I do not own an instapot. I have several friends that love using them. My sister bought a small one and an air fryer and within two months sold both her to her neighbor. Pineapple upsidedown cake is my husband's favorite. I would like that dark chocolate please! Happy 4th Cindy and yes, FREE in CHRIST!
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. Dark chocolate didn't last long. LOL! I don't use my instapot as much as I should but honestly, it has been great when I am in a hurry or I just don't feel like spending lots of time in the kitchen with burners on stove top and oven going. I really like those one pot meals! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Cindy, I love your patriotic vignette! You have the prettiest grands, and I do love their tops. The pineapple upside down cake looks delicious. Happy 4th to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love seeing pics of your grands, my friend! How wonderful that your daughter and granddaughter are into photography, too. I did get an instant pot, and have made several things, but I’m sure I could live without it! Happy 4th of July 🇺🇸♥️🇺🇸 To you and your family! Love and hugs are sent to you......

    ReplyDelete
  5. We celebrated Canada Day (152 years young!) today. I'm not a big fireworks fan so I prefer to celebrate with some quiet time.

    I loved how your Fourth of July vignette incorporated a teacup! Your pic reminded me that I should drink the Tazo Vanilla Bean Macaroon sample that a friend sent me.

    I wished that I have an eye for photography. But I have a (bad) habit of taking boring pics: subjects centred in the frame. When I try to take candids of people, they usually end up blurry!

    Happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 4th of July is a great Holiday! Fireworks and family, you can't go wrong with that combination.
    Here's my secret to decorating for the 4th, use RED, at Christmas, Valentines Day and keep it our until the 4th! Just change the Santa's, to hearts, hearts to flags. Easy Peezy!!
    The girls are adorable! How fun to have all of them following in your foots steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 4th Christine! Sounds like you have a great plan for decorating for the holidays with your reds. Way to go girl.

      Delete
  7. I love photography. I always had a camera from the time I was a teen but my first professional one came in 2008...then in just 3 months after seeing my work an agent (I worked for the Tn Bureau of Investigation) asked me to do a wedding for her niece. That is when it started. I have been at it since. I have shot weddings, senior class pics, for brochures and websites. You daughter and grand will love it. I don't have an instant pot and have not tried one. I heard they are AWESOME.Thanks for the sweet comment about the hair. I love long hair and always have but short is easier and I don't look as OLD with it short!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, a very happy 4th to you and yours. Those gran girls are as cute as can be. Mine will be staying the night on Wed. They are a mess but a lot of fun. Always fun to stop by and see what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures of the girls, they sure are growing. I love crockpot cooking too, no fuss, no muss! We don't get out of the fourth like we used too, we can see the fireworks from the back porch, so that's where you'll find us. (Unless the mosquitos take us away! lol )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather stay home on the 4th too Miss Mary. Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  10. Sweet sweet grand-girlies!
    We had a family BBQ today for Canada Day. Now I am exhausted but I'll bounce back after a good night's sleep. Happy Fourth of July to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your girls are so sweet in their summer-wear! Little Jack’s other grandma and I will be doing double team watching him this week as my men are on a dove hunting trip to Argentina (!) and Jack’s parents are off on a little trip. My DAR group will be attending an Old Glory Jubilee event in the afternoon of the 4th. It will be very hot but should be nice! Happy 4th! Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet post! I am not blogging anymore but I love dropping in from time to time to see what you are up to! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed your post Ann Marie. Thanks for visiting and Happy 4th.

      Delete
  13. Hi Cindy. You are so blessed with those beautiful grand girls. They are so sweet.
    Happy 4th.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, it has been so long since I "blog hopped". Yours is always on my favorites list. It was fun to catch up Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, it is always a real pleasure to sit down and enjoy your blog, sweet friend! Thank you for always brightening my day when I come by here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. Hope you and family are doing well.

      Delete
  16. Cindy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I have not decorated this year for the Patriotic Holidays of the Summer like I usually do because of my knee surgery... I truly have missed doing so and that answered the question that people often ask me as to whether I will continue decorating for Holidays like I do. I will keep doing so untl i simply physically can not. I do have flags outside like you mentioned that you do tucked in pots...May I ask what type of camera you have and what kind did your daughter get? I want to get a good camera in the future...I always love seeing photos of your family and those girls are just darling!! We will have a little cook in as I call it because our back yard is too small, with the kids....Just the 5 of us.... And Joe and I may go and watch the local large fire works display afterward. We can see it from an area only a few minutes away from where I live...Enjoy your holiday!!
    Hugs<
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. I do hope and pray that you are improving more and more. Enjoy the holiday. Will send you an email about the camera I use.

      Delete
  17. Oh what a fun post, seeing all of those little beauties...I love the braces picture! Yes, I also love celebrating the 4th by showing our glorious flag! Getting an Instapot will be next on my list...I have heard so many great things about them...and your stew looks SO yummy. Can you tell me what kind of sausage you used? Well, I hope you have a wonderful and safe July 4th holiday, my friend. We will be on the road to TN later tonight and can't wait to see them! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun in Tn and enjoy. Stay safe. Sent you an email.

      Delete
  18. Your girls are all so pretty....
    I don't have one, but daughter does the InstaPot thing and she loves it. One night, she made ribs for us and they just fell off the bone.
    My mama had one of the old pressure cookers and I was always scared of it so I'll stick with my crock pot...I am a sissy girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BJ . Girl , I’m the crock pot queen ! Love my crock pot and use it a lot . But I’ve actudkkt enjoyed the instapot especially when i want something quick. Meat is always tender in that pot and in a short amount of time . Happy 4th .

      Delete
  19. So wonderful to have family close by and to enjoy your beautiful girls so much. Glad that your daughter enjoys photography. I would be lost without my camera! Your instapot dinner looks great. We love sausage and cabbage, etc., and that looks wonderful. What kind of sausage was that? We had a different kind of 4th this year since we are packing to move. But our boys were here doing some work, and we had hotdogs and beans. That was our day...
    God bless America, land that I love!! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you got a new camera Pam. I know that made you happy. The sausage I used was venison. But I love using Nettles sausage for dishes like that too.

      Delete
  20. Love the photos! The grands are so beautiful! Honey, I'm with you...where did 1/2 the year go already??!! We are going to be flying headfirst into Christmas before you know it! Hope you and your family had a wonderfully blessed 4th! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th