Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Fall Tablescape and Happy Anniversary To Us}


I finally got a little "Fall" going on y'all and set my table for Fall.  Don't you just love that sweet mixing bowl? I spotted it at TJ Maxx and I knew it would be perfect for a Fall Centerpiece.


Remember these chargers I showed to you in my last post? They will be used a lot I am sure.


The flowers I bought recently really turned out cute for napkin rings and yes, that would be a piece of candy you see in that plate. LOL! 
 

Each place setting had a piece of that good Ghirardelli chocolate. I had the chocolate mints and the Caramel chocolate but decided that the dark chocolate would be (healthier) right?????? And of course I put those out so my sweet family that eats dinner with me each Sunday after church could enjoy. And to get rid of that chocolate in my house!!!!


I love the simplicity of this Fall tablescape.


I think I found those cute metal baskets holding the candles at Walmart and there was only two left on the shelf so I grabbed them. Perfect too for a Farmhouse Fall Table.
 

A thrifted curtain served as a table topper on top my white tablecloth and I really like how the greens all meshed so well together with the plates and decor.
 

Yep, suits me just fine and I am just thankful I managed to get it done! This 95 degree weather was NOT humming FALL but dang....It will be Christmas before I know it so decided I might best get FALLISH!


And....Happy 42nd wedding anniversary to us! So many years ago we stood at the alter in a little white church, in which is a much larger church all these years later because that is where we go to church....and we said I DO! God has surely been amazing to us! Through bad times and good times. Through thick and thin. But that's the most awesome thing about Jesus y'all....He never leaves us nor forsakes us and He is ALWAYS there for us....Through it all....


From that union came these three beauties.

And those gals each gave us a soninlove. They added height to our short family too. LOL!


And the next thing we knew we had some grandbabies! Oh my goodness! Life just gets sweeter and sweeter.


God has surely been a good, good father.


And for those of you that have sent me messages asking how my weekend of bow hunting went, well, isn't this just a pretty view? Sitting in a tree stand surely has a way of calming the soul, body and mind and oh the creation of God is spellbound.


And yep...I harvested a deer on the very first day of opening bow season which was September 14. Matter of fact I think I might be going back about this weekend. 

Web image 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week and enjoy a piece of chocolate! 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy


Comments

  1. Cindy, Your family is beautiful and all of you are blessed. I do like the table setting you pulled together. I like the napkin rings of flowers. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two! We will have 41 years in come November. Love your table and yes, I want that mixing bowl and those chocolates.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 42 wonderful years together, Cindy!! You surely are blessed. Those sonsinlove really are TALL!
    Your Fall table looks so pretty, and yum on the candy! The mixing bowl is perfect for your centerpiece. Enjoy your hunting time together, my friend. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, Cindy!

    I'm admiring your beautiful fall table. I would enjoy the yummy dark chocolate with a cup of hot tea--the hot drink magnifies the taste of the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margie . Girl , chocolate goes with everything 😂

      Delete
  5. Well, everything just looks so lovely! I saw that pitcher in TJ Maxx today and thought it was so pretty. You are such a good Mother, cooking Sunday lunch for your kids every Sunday. Oh, my! Hubby and I eat out every Sunday and we take the kids out with us about once a month. Shame on me! A beautiful family resulted from that marriage 42 years ago. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful fall table!! Makes me want to get my stuff out and enjoy them now that I am almost unpacked...well mostly. What is getting unpacked for now anyway, and my plastic tubs of fall decor are sitting right beside me waiting for me to open them and get them out...so I guess I'd better. So happy for you and your hubby celebrating 42 years!! What a blessing! I love that picture from your treestand...and that you actually got a deer first day out. You'll be enjoying some good venison this winter. You are an amazing woman...and so blessed with such a beautiful family!! God is SO good, isn't He? Yes, He is a good good Father...yes He is...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful fall tablescape and I do love a square of dark chocolate. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! I love all the family pics, what a gorgeous family! Love and hugs to you sweet Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam . Dark chocolate and caramel chocolate is my fav .

      Delete
  8. You’ve set a lovely table! It doesn’t seem much like Fall here in MO but, you’re right, Christmas will be here soon so let’s get our autumn decor out! Happy anniversary to you and your lucky hubby! Your family is a true blessing! ❤️ I’d like you to keep J and I in your prayers as we have the opportunity to travel to Israel and Palestine the first of October. I’m so excited but a little apprehensive at the same time. Can’t wait to share our experiences. I know God will be with us and can’t wait to see what he wants us to see! Talk to you when we return! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zenda . Will pray for you both and can’t wait to hear what God reveals to you through this amazing opportunity . ❤️

      Delete
  9. Aw, happy anniversary to you, two! May God give you at least 42 more years together!! You have a beautiful, precious family and are so very blessed. May the Lord continue to heap blessings upon all of you! I LOVE your fall tablescape! Great job, sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the deer. I think it is cool women can do that, I am just not one of them!! And Happy Anniversary! Beautiful family, your daughters are just so pretty. Loving the table. I actually did a little something in the tray on my table but, that is about as far as it will go. I am healing more and more each day from losing mom but holidays, just not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Holidays seem to be the worse friend. Praying for you.

      Delete
  11. Cindy I love that you all get together for a family dinner after Church each week. That is a beautiful tradition that is quickly fading with the new generation. I love all the family pictures. Your three girls and their hubbys and your grand children are all beautiful. Cherish moments caught in your beautiful pictures. Love it. Happy Anniversary wow 42 years that is amazing and wonderful. So many gifts of blessings through the years.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What? No pic of that doe you shot?? Oh that's right...you're waiting for that big buck out there for that! Your have such a beautiful family. Happy Anniversary to you and Marty! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I am waiting on that buck and then PICTURES!!!!!

      Delete
  13. First let me wish you a Happy Anniversary before I get busy bragging on your fall table. I love your family pictures.
    Your fall tablescape is very cute. I think you will use those metal baskets for many tables. I have wanted some chargers like yours too. Your centerpiece bowl is perfect for fall and will look great on your counter if you want a change.
    I agree the fall temperatures are not here yet. But maybe soon!
    Blessings to all of you. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie. YES, I do love that sweet mixing bowl. I actually had it on my breakfast and decided to use it as a centerpiece. Love those chargers too!

      Delete
  14. Happy Anniversary! I've learned they get sweeter as each year passes. Beautiful family! You've been blessed.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah! Fall, even at warm temperatures! You sure do know how to set a table!! 😘

    Forty Two years, what a legacy for your family to follow. You and hubby are doing it right.
    And again, your pictures are so fun.
    Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary and have fun in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa, Girl! You're so pretty and cute, but watch out with that bow! You're one Wonder Woman!!!

    Enjoyed your post. Happy Anniversary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Happy Anniversary Cindy! You are blessed with a beautiful family and so lucky to have them all near you...Your table is lovely, my favorite parts are the deep greens and the white sunflower napkin rings...lots of textures and fall colors, it's lovely and of course now I'm craving chocolate!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary to you two sweet lovebirds! What a beautiful family you've created and you've blessed so many of us as well! I love that fall tablescape and yes dark chocolate does have antioxidants so you can feel 'healthy" eating some. :) I need to get some more fall decorations going!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to the both of you on your anniversary!
    You certainly do have a wonderful family and extended family.:-)

    You go girl! Congratulations on your first day out with your bow.

    You did a lovely job on your Fall decorations and your table is pleasing to the eye.

    Happy day to you~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your anniversary you two love birds. You fall decoration look so cute. Wonderful table Cindy. Enjoy your special days with your family. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I had your talent for decorating!
    Always so charming.
    Happy anniversary (we are just two years behind you)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love you sweet fall tablescape!! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how gorgeous everything for Fall looks at your home ! Great vignettes and your farm lantern is darling too. The tablescape is so pretty too.
    You have a beautiful family, as you are such a beauty yourself dear friend.
    Thanks for popping in to see me, you're so sweet.
    Happy Fall.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th