Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Good Times and Making Memories}


I am much later posting this week than usual but my mercy has time just seemed to get away from me here lately. Better late than never...right? In honor of Veterans Day I just want to thank all of those that have served or is still serving our country in the military. I have quite a few military hero's in my family. My grandfather and brother served in the Navy. One of my Soninlove's served in the Marines. My uncle served in the Air Force and I have a nephew currently serving in the Navy. My utmost thanks and gratitude stands. 


My granddaughter Kyleigh was part of a Veterans day program at her school this past Friday and it was truly heart touching. 

 She's the cute little girl with the red top, glasses and smiling.


Those kids sang their little hearts out and all our military was honored, past and present. It was truly a very special time. 


 My oldest and first born grandchild went to a Fall Ball recently. I can't believe she is 15 years old. 


She was just stunning.




Don't you just love her beautiful dress? She got a new dress, new shoes and new clutch. YEP...that makes any 15 year old young woman happy doesn't it? Well...who are we kidding? That makes us older women happy!
My youngest daughter and SIL spent their wedding anniversary in Savannah, Ga so between my oldest two daughter's and me we shuffled these two girls around. What fun they are! 


We then met my daughter and her husband in Georgia so they could get in a little hunting. Needless to say my daughter out done the men! Two nice bucks two days in row.  My little granddaughter had her first outing of sitting in a ground blind with her daddy and she done really well. Of course she had earphones, a tablet, and lots of snacks! LOL! 

Couldn't see her eyes with this 2nd buck but you can sure see that smile!

Yep, the girls in the family are outdoing the guys on deer hunting right now. We sure have lots of family fun though. 
Several asked me in last post and a few of you in emails so if I missed anyone here was the question and answer? Do we clean and process our deer ourselves? Yes we do. We enjoy processing our own meat. It is very time consuming but so worth it. Saves money and we get the cut of meat we want. We eat a lot of venison at my house and we love it. We enjoy the hunt but not just for the deer that might be harvested. We enjoy this as a family and time spent together in the great outdoors. 

Well, the weather has been somewhat crazy in Florida...but that is Florida for ya! We go from a low 39 degrees to 70's and 80's in a matter of a few hours! The temp dropped to 56 and I started dragging out boots and sweaters! LOL! Think tomorrow I will be dragging out the shorts and short sleeve shirts! 

 Web image

I sure hope no matter what your weather status is that you all have a wonderful day. Make a few memories this week and remember....

 Web Image

Hugs and blessings, Cindy 





 









Comments

  1. What great pictures and your granddaughter is beautiful Cindy. I would say you ladies are out shooting the men for sure. We love venison too. Looks like your family will have a freezer full for the year. So thankful for all who have served our country and still serving too. My dad, oldest brother and grandfather all served as well.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. I am thankful for our military men and women. We are truly blessed in the US.

      Delete
  2. Ryleigh looked absolutely darling for the Fall Ball!! I always love seeing pics of you and your family, Cindy. It’s so nice that the ladies in the family are outdoing the guys in their hunting. Good for you in processing all your own deer meat. May you have a beautiful week, my friend. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. Raygen had a great time at the Fall Ball. We really do enjoy processing the meat but it sure is time consuming. But totally worth it.

      Delete
  3. Granddaughter looks so pretty and grownup! I hope she had a wonderful time at the Fall Ball. I love the picture of you and the girls, loved the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and blessings to you too.

    Florida winter clothes...ha ha!

    I have a nephew serving too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun family times and memories Cindy! I have to ask, who has already put up their Christmas tree and hung stockings??? Thank you for the service your family has done.
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. LOL! All three of my daughter's has their Christmas up. That picture of Raygen was taken at her house. Girl, my oldest daughter has been listening to Christmas music since Oct.

      Delete
  6. Your post is simply jam-packed with wonderful tidbits of family outings, Cindy. I just know that your granddaughter felt like a real lady all dolled up for that Ball in her new dress and shoes. So fun! You have many heroes in your family. God bless them all! Blessings...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to visit Sandi. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  7. Brr, I am cold and I am ready for a Florida winter. LOL. You girls are good hunters. I still think I can out fish any of my brothers. LOL. Beautiful young lady going to the dance. our granddaughter Emma(youngest) just got her licenses to drive. Where does time go?? Squeeze your girl, she will be grown before you know it. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, time waits on no one! These kiddos grow up too quickly.

      Delete
  8. What a sweet Veteran's Day ceremony. Your granddaughter does look stunning in that dress for her first fall ball! Who has their tree up and house decorated already? I have 1 tree up so I don't feel too guilty about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Heather, that was at my oldest daughter's home. But all three of my girls has all of their Christmas up. I have a tree in the kitchen. That's as far as I have gotten. LOL! That's all about to change though! LOL!

      Delete
  9. I love those grand girls. Each one so adorable. It was easy to spot Kyleigh with her classmates. She has your smile.
    Your oldest grand is so lovely in her gorgeous outfit.
    It's so wonderful that deer hunting is both a way of obtaining meat and family togetherness. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that the schools have a ceremony that honours Veterans.

    Your granddaughter looks fabulous in her formalwear. It looks like your daughter's house is all decked out for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes all my girls has Christmas up. I have a tree in the kitchen but that is as far as I have gotten. Gotta get on it. But been a little under the weather.

      Delete
  11. Love that you have so much fun with your beautiful family! And yes, your 15 year old granddaughter is lovely. I love that green dress! What a beautiful young lady! And wow, you will be having venison for quite a while in your family! I wonder what all you do with it? Do you make hamburger, stew meat, steaks, ? Have you ever made mince meat pies with venison? What fun for your family. And who already had their Christmas tree put up? Wow! Pretty...but well, that's okay for you all. I just can't do it until Thanksgiving is over and done with. I can only handle one holiday at a time. LOL. But it is so pretty!!! Especially with her pretty green dress! Perfect backdrop! have a blessed and wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. We do different types of cuts with the meat. We enjoy it. Matter of fact I am making some homemade deer soup with veggies. That picture of Raygen was at my oldest daughter's home. All my girls has their Christmas up.

      Delete
  12. How awesome that your family enjoys hunting. My husband has been a HUGE hunter for 60 years but has just about given it up now. He doesn't care to get up early and has killed more deer than the law allows so he says he'll leave it to the other hunters. I've never tried it but nothing about it appeals to me, sitting still and being quiet. :o)) Always love stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming Lea. Back when our girls were young we dog hunted and I can still remember the Saturday mornings we got up and loaded up with all the girls and put tons of snacks in the truck for them. Before we could get down the road good they were already wanting the snacks! LOL!

      Delete
  13. I adore seeing your family photos and how you all spend time together! You ladies are quite the deer hunters, I am impressed! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cindy, I don't know how you do all you do! I am amazed! You are inspiring.
    Love seeing all the family activities. Your kids are growing so quickly!
    I am amazed with all the hunting and now to find out you process all your meat!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Bonnie, our bunch is a jack of all trades but a master of NONE!

      Delete
  15. Beautiful dress for your eldest granddaughter. She is a lovely girl. I trust she had a good time at the dance.

    Yes, for sure -- we Floridians don't know how to dress this week! I don't know how people manage who have to make decisions at dawn what they will wear all day long while they are away from home (away from their closet)!!! Layering is the key, of course.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are the absolute cutest.... come to Tennessee.... soon.... Please! 💜 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And when you do, you better not leave without stopping by to see me!

      Delete
    2. Thanks girl. Would love to come back to Tennessee and see you!

      Delete
    3. And yes Debbie Ray...when I do come I will see you too girl!

      Delete
  17. OH, boy, I remember those Florida days where we ended up using the heat and the A/C in one day. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your beautiful family. May God bless you all, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome blog...I love that green dress. Course at my age, sleeveless is not the way to go! HAHA...you add 70 lbs down and age and you really don't want me wearing sleeveless. But I love the high low style of dresses. Had one but lost too much weight to wear it. Looks like you are enjoying life. Going to have that freezer full of deer before long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we already have a lot of deer because Marty and I both got us a deer with our bows when bow season was in. We all have lots of deer for all year. Praise the Lord.

      Delete
  19. Oh wow...that oldest grand girl is gorgeous and so is that dress! I especially love the pic with the black & white background. You are just too cute in your camo and I just can't get over you ladies and those bucks! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I loved her dress. I wish there was a Christmas event for her to go too just so she could wear it again.

      Delete
  20. Umm, wait a minute, do I see a Christmas tree? (giggling)---girl... lolol

    Have a great weekend and thank you for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEP...that's at Kristy's house Linda. But all of my girls has Christmas up.

      Delete
  21. I know your granddaughter felt like a princess being all dressed up in her new dress

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th