Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{January Has Begun And With It Came My WORD}


Well, Christmas is over and January has nonetheless begun in full mode. With this brand new year, I decided to be smart and make a list of all the things that I really needed to tackle this year and one by one mark them off. You know, things like clean out closets, declutter, do some painting on much-needed projects, repair a few things that have needed repair for a long time, and well, my list was quite lengthy in my mind. And just so you know...it's still in my mind because it's never made it on paper much less begun! Now I feel better since I got that out in the open.


My youngest daughter asked me if I would like to have a movie day with lunch and shopping and my answer "why I course I would love that"! So we went to see......


I read the book a long time ago but had forgotten bits and pieces of it. The movie was really good. With having three daughters I guess the movie being about four sisters sort of hit home with the ups and downs of growing up, the likes and dislikes but above all, the love they share together as sisters. So glad I had the opportunity to see it.



My favorite grandson had his first open season basketball game at our church and as always, I enjoy watching the grands in any sport. By the way....he's my only grandson and was given our last name when he was born, Conner! YEP, he's my favorite grandson.


I did get a little Valentine tablescape started. 



And as far as getting serious about that LIST to accomplish in 2020...NOPE...still hasn't happened yet! But, the Lord did give me a word to focus on for the new year and a scripture


I began praying in early November for the Lord to reveal my Word and a Scripture to me for the new year. I hinted to Him that fun words such a shopping, desserts and sleep sounded really good. I mean, don't you think those would have been great words to FOCUS on for 2020?

Needless to say my Word and my scripture did not come until December 31st and it was right before midnight. I NEVER stay up to see a New Year come in.  But, the Lord had other plans for me.  

Web image

My husband was snoozing away and I was going down memory lane through 2019. I even chuckled out loud several times about things that my grandchildren would do that was funny or at a remark that one of my daughter's had made. I reminisced over the birthday parties, the family gatherings, the vacations, and the times that had brought so much joy to my life. I stopped several times to even pray about some news that I was waiting on.

Web image

But, I had a few sad moments down memory lane as well. Especially thinking about dear friends that had lost loved ones, the times my grandbabies would be sick and I seemed to stay on my knees praying for them more than ever and the changes that had taken place in my personal life, with staff changes at work, a few health changes, and a few personal decisions that I needed to make and well...you get the picture. 

And the WORD 
 
Came to me. I felt the Lord whispering to my spirit...Cindy....JUST SIMPLY EMBRACE 
Embrace the good, Embrace the not so good, Embrace the moment, and more than anything, through it all, EMBRACE ME

Jeremiah 33:3 came to me quickly....


Y'all, I had my WORD and a Scripture to focus on for this brand new year...and all right at the stroke of midnight. 

A week later I found myself attending a memorial service for a 99 year old woman that long ago was my 1st and 2nd grade school teacher and my school bus driver. The pastor doing the memorial service said many things but one thing he said stood out to me. It was something along these lines and I wrote it down so I would not forget it...


Why do we focus so much on what’s going to happen instead of what is happening ? Right now ? Today ?

Why do we worry so much about the future instead of being present in the presence? 

 1/4/2020 John Chesser 

It was confirmation that YES indeed...I am to EMBRACE what is happening today...focus on today...be present in the presence. Good or bad, happy or sad. But above all...to see the Lord in the midst of all things and to call on Him because He will answer me and oh does He have some great and mighty things to show me......

May we look forward to this brand New Year and make it the best ever!

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

  






 

Comments

  1. Embrace is such a wonderful word. I so love how words pick us, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I really do like the words shopping, dessert and sleep though! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I love the way God speaks to us and how He gave you the word for this new year. I didn't have a word until He dropped mine into my heart after the new year had begun. I'll share it soon.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear how the Lord revealed Himself Adrienne.

      Delete
  3. I like your Valentine tablescape!! And Embrace is a great word for 2020.
    Blessings, G.M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you G.M. Hoping your New Year has gotten off to a wonderful start.

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures and I saw the movie too. So good. My word as you know is blessed. Thanks for the sweet note too.
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great movie wasn't it? Blessed...Oh yes...we are so blessed aren't we?

      Delete
  5. What a great word for 2020! I don't have a focus word, but I am trying to "embrace what I have" this year. I also tend to be a worrywart so I'm also trying to focus on the present, instead of fretting about the future.

    Love the Valentine tablescape. I haven't taken out my hearts decor yet, but I did do my valentines for veterans last night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie, I keep going back to what Corrie ten boon said, "You can trust an unknown future to a known God". Boy its hard sometimes though isn't it? Not thinking about what the future holds.

      Delete
  6. Oh, what a lovely post and enjoyed how you prayed over your word for 2020. And, I need to do the same, just embrace life as it comes, one day at a time. Hugs to you for a wonderful 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2020 to you Lea. I am reminded of that song....One day at a time sweet Jesus, that's all that I am asking from you.....

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post, Cindy. Embrace is a good word, accept what we cannot change and trust the Lord to help us through it. Our challenges are for our character development and to learn more about our Savior. Thanks for sharing your heart on these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. God is always at work on our character isn't He? Happy 2020.

      Delete
  8. I love your word of the year, Cindy! I think that preacher had it exactly right. Much of what we worry about never even happens anyway, and I look back so many times and realize how much time and energy I have wasted on completely unnecessary worry. I am sorry to hear of your health changes and concerns and hope the news you were waiting on turned out to be great news. I am still seeking the Lord about my word of the year. Kevin, Zach, and I usually collaborate and see if the Lord is leading us all the same direction, so we will see. It is already the 14th of January, so I think I need to get on the ball. The Lord has already given Kevin his. God bless you and your family in this new year, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Yes, I did receive some good news and giving God the Praise. I have figured out that we all have health changes as we age it seems. It's a part of life isn't it? Things may change. Circumstances may change. But praise the Lord He never changes. Happy 2020.

      Delete
  9. Darling Valentine Tablescape! Embrace, such a all encompassing and positive word.
    Happy New Year, Sweet Lady!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy, your word and scripture for the year is perfect. In your world of girls, how fun to have a grandson that I know brings you great joy. Your Valentine’s tablescape is really lovely. Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CIndy I love your new word for 2020. The valentines table is so pretty. Glad you had a great day with your youngest daughter having a movie day. Love those times with our adult kids. Your grandson is adorable. Have a great new week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Yes, spending time with the kids is great. Looking forward to this new year and what God has in store for us. Happy 2020.

      Delete
  12. What a great word for the coming year! It looks like you're starting the year off right! I've heard great things about Little Women but haven't seen it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy Little Women Heather. It is a good movie. Happy 2020 girl!

      Delete
  13. Your grandson is very handsome and so much taller then you...so cute!
    Reading your play by play of New Years Eve warmed my heart. And then to get your WORD!
    It's so true, be in the moment and don't worry about tomorrow. I need to be reminded! Thanks ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. Everyone is taller than me! LOL! I am learning all the more to be in the moment. So hard at times. But I know the Lord has a reason for my word this season. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  14. Hello dear friend! I so enjoyed this post as I read your encouraging thoughts on the new year....and your word, EMBRACE is something I think we could all do to be able to enjoy each new day...that is a super word for 2020! How wonderful that the Lord gave you your word at just the perfect moment...He may never be early but He's never late! I plan to see the movie Little Women as soon as I can...one of my favorite stories! I sent you an email, did you get it? Love and many blessings to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you an email back.....Girl, go see Little Women. So good! And Debby...HE IS ALWAYS RIGHT ON TIME! You know you have my prayers and thoughts and much love!

      Delete
  15. Your Valentine table is so pretty. You are ahead of the game! The red and silver is stunning.
    I love the word, Embrace! I love the story of how it arrived as your choice. You have the sweetest heart.
    Have you ever watched the old version of Little Women with Elizabeth Taylor, Janet Leigh, June Allyson and Peter Lawford? It is old but oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did watch the old version and liked it a lot. This new version was so good too. EMBRACE..Learning...learning....Thank you for your sweet words. I was in such a hurry to do my table so made it so simple. But I do love the silver, red, and crystal.

      Delete
  16. How fun to go see the movie with your youngest dsyghter, Cindy. I want to see Little Women, and have seen the two previous versions, and read the book. Embrace is a perfect word!! I just read something about why do we worry about the future when only God knows what it is. We do need to live in the present.
    Your Conner is certainly a handsome, favorite grandson. Your table is so pretty, too! Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. And that quote is so correct....ONLY God knows what the future holds. I am quite sure it's a good thing we don't know what the future holds....

      Delete
  17. Another wonderful post. I like your word embrace. Would like to see that movie too. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, Cindy! And happy new year to you and your lovely family! It's only the 15th of January, but already it seems like the year is not so new, which is a shame...we move at the speed of light and it's so easy to let the blur of it all take over. This post might be my favorite of all your posts, Cindy. It's so deep and thoughtful and inspirational! I love your New Year's Eve year-end review. My husband and I always stay up and we talk about how the year went, but I think next year I'll pull up pictures to remind us of the many, many blessings. I've had the word TRUST in my heart for several weeks now, kind of floating there, reminding me that I need to learn to trust God more, and your post allowed me to hone in on the word. Inspired by your post I made an 8x11 poster to put at my desk as a reminder of your lovely lesson and my word for 2020. May your blessings continue to enrich you, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Zuni you are right...seems we have went right on into the new year and full speed ahead. TRUST....That is something I need to work on every day of my life. What a great word to focus on this new year. Happy 2020 to you dear Zuni. Miss your blog posts too!

      Delete
  19. What a wonderful post Cindy, and your word Embrace is the perfect thing to focus on...Enjoy the journey as they say...Thank you for your inspiration!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw Little Women with my cousin and we loved it. Embrace is a great word. Mine is peace. Focus would be my second word. Love your tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had peace on year too Susan and still give testimony on how the Lord used that word. Happy 2020.

      Delete
  21. I love your word "Embrace", and I just know God is going to work that into your heart and life in a very real and positive way. Last Easter our choir cantata was entitled, "Embrace the Cross"...and what a powerful message that was...so I know God is going to work beautiful memories into your everyday life this year, as you embrace His presence and enjoy what He brings to your life each day. Love the pictures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embrace the Cross! Love that title and oh do we all ever need to Embrace the Cross of Jesus daily and remember what He has done for us! Hugs to you.

      Delete
  22. Debbie, somehow I deleted your post on my blog...but, I found it in my email! My fingers get too fast when using my phone. So glad I found it and posting. Thanks so much for dropping by lady.

    Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas has left a new comment on your post "{January Has Begun And With It Came My WORD}":

    Cindy,
    I LOVED this post....And I adore your choice for your Word for the Year....As you know, I chose Positivity as a Theme for this New Year and I am choosing a Word of the Month because sometimes, during the year, this change..I think that maybe Embrace just may be a Word I may choose for one of the months of this New Year....Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet words...we are definitely back to Winter here as we are at 18 degrees this morning with 5-6 inches of snow expected for tomorrow...Have a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this post too and it's exciting that your word means so much...for the past present AND future! It's perfect! Love seeing photos of you and your Grandson...your favorite! heehee! Enjoy your day sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. That boy scored 13 points in basketball over the weekend. He is getting so tall now. Already past up his Nana! Which doesn't take much. LOL!

      Delete
  24. Embrace! I like it. A good word. A unique word. What fun to have a grandson with your surname. Some names lend themselves to being first names as well. If either of my grandsons had been named that way, one would be a Parker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the name Parker Vee. How cool would that have been. EMBRACE...yep, it's keeping me on my toes right now too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget