Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Enjoy Life}

"The little things in life bring you the greatest pleasure". That is my motto and so very true. 


We celebrated Valentine's Day with a dinner for two at home.  We had such a simple one-dish meal that was so yummy and a glass of good old southern brewed ice tea. Sounds just sort of plain and simple to most but when you get to spend it with the one that you love the most...well, I will take the simple any day. 


Meet Roxie. The newest addition to the family. My daughter Melissa surprised her two girls with sweet Roxy for Valentine's Day. 


The girls were so excited and needless to say....Valentine's candy was on the bottom of the list after meeting Rozy. 


These two cuties spent Valentine's day at Sea World. They had a WHALE of a time. I got to hear all about it at Sunday dinner. Of course, the oldest of the two loved the hot tub at the hotel about as good as she did the dolphins. 


My oldest granddaughter was surprised by her daddy with a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's day. Isn't that just the sweetest? She will be 16 in April. TIME...slow down. 


Isn't this the cutest coffee mug? It says, "In the cookies of life sisters are the chocolate chips". I love it. My niece made this for me to make up a coffee basket for my sister that celebrated a birthday recently. 


I had the best time putting together all of her favorite things. We both are coffee lovers so I knew I couldn't go wrong. 


She is so precious to me and is my right hand and left hand with caring for our mom. As most know my mom is in a nursing facility and my sister Mary gets up every Sunday morning and goes and gets mom dressed and carries her and attends church with her at the facility so I can enjoy my church. 


She loved her gift. She is 5 years older younger than me and our birthdays are 5 days apart. Matter of fact my birthday is today. 


Boy those years sure seem to sweep by us! But you know what? The older I get the more I am learning to "enjoy life" and all the little things that come along with it. Wrinkles, saggy skin, hair growing where you don't want any hair and hair not growing where it used too! Late nights becoming 8:00 pm and a recliner with a blanket and coffee being your best friend. A date actually means, "Can we go at lunchtime so we can get back home before dark?". 

Awe....learning all the more what's really important in life has surely, for me, become part of the aging process.  It takes a little age under your belt with life experiences to truly appreciate what comes along with aging and friends, it's not about looking like we are 21 again. It's accepting who we are now.  

My granny said to me many years ago, "Don't ever compare yourself to another because you AIN'T them nor do you wanna be. Do the best with what God has given you to do with. Always be yourself. Be nice and smile. Wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident and put your lipstick on".   You know, that may sound funny to most but her words still ring in my ears today.
 
Web image
 
And I must say that I do love me some lipstick! 

So today, I am praising God for another day of life and one that I pray would have made my granny proud. But most importantly for me, it's another day to serve our Lord in some way or another. To continue to learn, to grow, and to become the best I can be. A better wife, mama, nana, friend and servant to our Lord.  I fail at all of these...but strive to be better. 

Speaking of birthday...I am headed to the mountains this weekend for a week for my birthday! 


Isn't that just the cutest cabin ever nestled deep in the woods?




 Yep, I think that I might can do this for a week.


I might even roast a hotdog! 


Learning to EMBRACE life...one day at a time. God is so good to me and I pray that I embrace each day with a heart for Him.

I hope that you all enjoy your week and remember...


 Hugs and blessings, Cindy


Comments

  1. IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY? WELL, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you're having a wonderful day. And I know you'll love a week in that sweet cabin in the mountains.
    Happy Birthday to your sister too. She sounds like a real sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GM. I am looking forward to our mountain trip for sure.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday, Cindy! I love what you wrote about aging, etc., and what your granny said is so true. I hope you have a wonderful time in the mountains in that adorable cabin! I hope your honey is going with you? Looks like a great place to spend some time with the Lord too. Enjoy your vacation. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Oh yes, Marty is going. He loves the mountains better than me. LOL! When I get back, girl, I will be itching for the beach.

      Delete
  3. Well, happiest of days Cindy! And, that was the cutest, most thoughtful package for your sister. I know she loved it. And, we stayed right here Valentine's evening as well with our two Granddaughters.It was a fun evening though. Enjoy your birthday week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Cindy! I really liked the paragraph about wrinkles and going to lunch instead of breakfast. I did a page on our Valentine's lunch. Have fun at the cabin! It looks great, especially with that spa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how a little age makes afternoon dates look too late! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I know that you’re going to have the best Birthday week with your special fella! The cabin looks so awesome.
    How cute Roxie is and I’m sure the girls just love her to pieces.
    Your sister’s basket is so perfect for her, Cindy! She sounds like a dear, kind person. I do love your Granny’s advice.
    Enjoy your vacation, my friend! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! You look beautiful! I hope you're enjoying that amazing cabin in the woods! Roxie is SO cute! Lucky little girls and puppy too. We had a simple Valentine's Day too. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, dear Cindy, Happy Birthday to you!! Enjoy your wonderful time in the mountains, sweet friend! The cabin looks perfect, and I know you will have a great time celebrating. I can't wait to read all about it when you get back home. I LOVE the coffee basket you made for your sister. I didn't realize your sweet mama is in a nursing home. I know how hard that can be, and it is a pure blessing that your sister helps carry this load. Much love to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. My sister loved the coffee basket.

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday sweet Cindy. Your Valentine’s Day sounds so perfect to me. As we get older, I think we expect less and enjoy what we have. Enjoy the mountains!!! We leave tomorrow going to one of our favorite mountain spots to celebrate our anniversary. Blessings ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Have fun Pam and can't wait to see pictures.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday my sweet friend. You are looking so good, just saying. Aging gracefully is my motto, not so sure I am though, lolol. {{Hey, just keeping it real, lol}}

    That cabin looks so divine, smiles. I just love Roxy. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Cindy the girls are so precious and their faces tell it all how excited they are to have little Miss Roxie added to the family. Just adorable. Hope you had a great birthday yesterday. Looks like Valentine's day was really special too.
    That cabin looks so wonderful. Enjoy every minute.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am packing like I am going to be gone a month! LOL! Well now...that might not be such a bad idea had it! Well, if I could take my family that is!!!!

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday sweet lady! Oh, you're going to have such fun in the mts! Take your walking shoes...or hiking boots! Love that advice from your Granny. I always remember being told to wear clean underwear! lol And be nice and smile can take us a long way....well, and the lipstick! You look great! HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, my husband loves the mountains. Oh the walking shoes will be packed. My granny would say the most funniest things at times. I need to sit down and write those things down.

      Delete
  12. Love all of the pictures and I LOVE that coffee basket. What a great gift. Enjoy your trip and soak in the hot tub for me!
    Connie Royals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Girl...I will do an extra SOAK in the hot tub for you.

      Delete
  13. HaPpY bIrThDaY to you! Wow, me, Darla and you all born in Feb. We are the special ones!! haha...Love the basket. What a neat idea. I love making baskets like this with special things in it for the ones you are giving it too. The girls, all of them are so adorable and that PUPPY...I love that face. That cabin...I love. What a special time in the mountains! It looks so neat on the inside too. Don't feed the bear though. What part of the mts do you head too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good folks born in February! No feeding the bears here! I would have a stroke if one came up on me! LOL!

      Delete
  14. Happy Birthday, Cindy! Enjoy your trip to the mountain cabin! Wow. That looks like a nice place. Please tell us more about it after you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I will post pictures of our stay and time away when I return. Looking forward to it Barbara.

      Delete
  15. Loving all your pictures!! I think I could stay a while in that cabin, never too old for a romantic get away. hmmmm… I know you just had a birthday, but just so ya know, you still look like a sister to your girls and not their MoMa!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your family is just beautiful...each and every one of them. I am smitten with Roxy. How cute is she!?! I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend.xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cindy,
    I enjoyed this post immensely! I love your attitude about aging and I share that attitude. Now that I am retired, I feel like I have a new lease on life because I get to do what I want to do and have the time to do so. But one never knows how much time you will have so I am learning to Embrace Each Day!! I was never one to make a big celebration out of my Birthday but my last birthday, when I turned 62, I did celebrate it with a bit more gusto than usual because I finally started to collect my Social Security and considered myself to be officially retired!! Happy Birthday, my friend!! Enjoy your week long vacation!! Love that sweet fur baby!!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to let me know that you did by leaving such a sweet comment!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. Girl, I was so happy when you got to retire. ENJOY the moments God gives to us. And YES...get that Social Security! I plan too just as soon as I can. Ain't waiting around....Might not be here to get it! LOL!

      Delete
  18. Happy birthday, dear Cindy! Yes, the older we get, the more we look for and appreciate those little things! Enjoy your time away! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Belated Birthday, Cindy! I had a milestone birthday last month so your thoughtful message really reasonated with me. Enjoy your birthday celebrations!

    P.S. Roxie is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday Margie. I do hope you enjoyed your special day.

      Delete
  20. Happy birthday to you sweet Cindy! I hope you are having a wonderful time celebrating at such an incredibly lovely cabin! And oh that hot tub, gorgeous! How sweet of your sister to be so caring for your mother, and the coffee basket was a perfect idea for her! What a sweet puppy for the girls, and how precious that your granddaughter was gifted flowers by her daddy, that is just awesome! Many blessings to you sweet friend! Enjoy the happiest of birthdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday (a little late but still full of love).
    If ANYONE knows how to enjoy life, it's YOU!!
    Keep sharing those little "golden nuggets" from your grandma. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh that little puppy ...

    my heart smiled wide when I glimpsed those big eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget