Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Food And Family} What Better Combination?

  • I hope that you all have been enjoying your weekend. We have had lots of rain and with trying to work outside this weekend well, it's been a hit and a miss! But I am enjoying a little bounty from my little garden and of course baking! And, trying out a new recipe for grilled chicken that I would like to share. SO GOOD! 


Of course my family enjoyed the cake after Sunday dinner too. Who doesn't like cake balls on top drizzled in Hersey's chocolate glaze???? 


I tried a new recipe for a marinade and a sauce for grilled chicken wings. If you like chicken and you like to grill  then this recipe is a MUST.

Marinade 
2-3 lbs chicken wings
3/4 cup of Olive Oil
2 tablespoons of onion powder
2 tablespoons of Garlic powder (I used garlic and herbs)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper
Mix with a whisk and coat chicken pieces. Place in a bowl wrapped with foil or plastic wrap or Ziplock bags. Refrigerate overnight. Allow chicken to get room temp before grilling. 

For the Sauce:
2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce {I am a Baby Ray's fan}
1/2 cup of hot sauce
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 teaspoon of oregano
2 teaspoons of thyme
Mix together well and refrigerate till ready to use. 
About 5 minutes before your wings are done coat them in the sauce and pop back on the grill. 


YUM! 



I did manage to work in my little "Prayer Garden" as I like to call it and I'll share some pictures with you soon. Girls, I love to buy those "nearly gone to heaven plants" as Marty calls them in the markdown section at Walmart and try to bring them back to life. I usually have good luck with them too. But finally sat down and enjoyed myself a grilled ham and cheese with some fresh cucumbers. 



And I just had to share this precious picture of my youngest grand. I just love the way she is holding that baby doll so very near to her. Reminds me the many times I have cradled my girls in my arms and held them while they slept. And most often, I slept too!


And this is what I find when she leaves Nana's house! She turned 2 in May and is doing excellent with the potty training. My daughter said that she is looking forward to getting rid of the diaper genie! LOL!


I will leave you with these words today from Matt Chandler. So very fitting with everything that is happening in our society today. 



Hope you all are doing "PEACHY"! Oh I have not heard that phrase in like forever! Ha! 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. We love grilling and will be giving these two recipes a whirl. They sound delicious! I bet your crew loved that yummy looking cake! I'm sure there were NO leftovers. Are you already picking cucumbers?! Mine are just starting to climb the cattle panel. They look so good!!

    I'm heading to GF with Andy this week. Movers will be there Friday. J was going but has hurt his knee. A is taking him to get an MRI this morning. Our nephew, who is a PT, thinks it's a torn meniscus. MRI will tell. What a bummer! Guess that will keep him in low gear for awhile.

    You all take care and have a great week!! Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The marinade and sauce is yummy! Girl, the rain we have been having has done a number on my cukes and my squash but managing to harvest some. Nothing better than a fresh cuke with salt and pepper. Sorry to hear about J. Will pray for him.

      Delete
  2. PS Squealing with delight over the new look here, my friend. And the post is just so precious, especially the photo of your granddaughter, smiles. Hope you have a beautiful week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. They are so peaceful when sleeping aren't they? LOL!

      Delete
  3. Mmmm that cake looks scrumptious, and the chicken is one that I must try after your suggestion! Your little baby doll granddaughter looks so precious clutching that doll!! Don’t they warm our hearts?? Good luck with your prayer garden. 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻 I hope you have a wonderful week! Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken was really good. She is a baby doll indeed Kitty.

      Delete
  4. Your food always looks delicious and makes me hungry! What a sweet photo of your littlest grand. She's precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel looking at your GOOD looking goodies too! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Cindy that chicken recipe sounds so fabulous trying that one. Thanks for sharing. The photo is adorable of your granddaughter. Don't you love when you can capture pure innocence like that. Happy New Week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I hope you enjoyed your get away too!

      Delete
  6. Cindy, that cake must have been delicious. I have failed to mention the new look for your blog, I really like it and it looks fabulous! The photo of your youngest grand is so precious! Wishing you a joy-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quote you shared. Some friends and I are in the midst of an online Bible Study called, "Rewire Your Heart," and it is talking about this very thing. SO convicting! That picture of your little grandgirl is just priceless. So innocent and sweet. May the Lord bless you and your family, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Anytime we are dealing with the heart it is truly a heart issues isn't it? Happy Week.

      Delete
  8. Your grand daughter with her doll is such a precious picture. My hubby makes his own marinade with lemons and oranges. That cake looks so yummy. My son gave us peaches and I am going to make a peach smoothie today. I did a post today about going back to church. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon and orange marinade is so good together. You will have to send me your recipe.

      Delete
  9. Oh that cake looks wonderfully delicious!! So does your precious grandgirlie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The yummy images on this post made me hungry. HA!

    Peach is one of my favourite summer fruits so I have 4-5 peach tea blends in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are those peaches on your tree? Wow! I am craving some fresh peaches. I won't buy them at the store and I haven't seen any road side stands with any yet. I would love some fresh peaches! Gotta go hunt for them I guess. Your other fresh vegies look so wonderful. And those cukes...I am the only one who will eat them here. Is that chicken sauce hot and spicy? It sounds like it might be. But I am sure it is good. I just don't eat too hot of spice. Your precious little grandgirl is so sweet, hugging her dolly while she sleeps. Oh, that is so sweet. What a blessing. Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures and post. It was delightful to visit you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Pam. Chicken was not hot at all. I can't do hot anymore and have to be so careful about my spices. I love spicy stuff but it doesn't love me. Peaches are on my tree and small. Bigger than last year but still small. Actually not very sweet at all. But pretty! LOL! Marty likes cukes but not tomatoes. So I get all the tomatoes to myself! LOL!

      Delete
  12. Cindy,
    everything looks so yummy!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving such a sweet comment!! Stay safe, healthy and happy, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the new blogger format so you can do pics side by side. I haven't tried it yet. I know I need to.
    All the food looks so good, Cindy! But that picture of your youngest asleep is so darling.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. I haven't really messed with blogger much now. Might piddle with it again later on but for now I am okay. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  14. So much yummy food!! Your sleeping angel is adorable!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Again... you have out done yourself!
    Pictures, food, Grands and handing out sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't even look at that gorgeous cake without my cholesterol shooting up, so I moved on to the darling photo of your granddaughter and her Dora potty seat. How cute is that! Yes, as helpful as the Diaper Genie has been, it's good to big it farewell when it's no longer needed!!!

    That chicken looks so good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. May this weekend, too, bring you love and laughter and bounty, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I hope your weekend was great too.

      Delete
  18. Lovely post and that photograph of your granddaughter is so sweet.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a happy post. The chocolate dripping cake looks so delicious. The chicken looks wonderful. So many yummy details. How precious is your sweet grand sleeping. Naps are great. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th