Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{It's Been a Nana Kind Of Weekend}


Kyleigh and I had a little one on one time this weekend and there was never a dull moment NOR a quiet one. LOL! But, she likes to sleep in in the mornings and then get up and lay around a bit! We call it "Our quiet time". A girl after my own heart! 



Fresh jumbo blueberry and chocolate chip muffins was on the agenda for one morning.  Of course she loves to share with her cousin Ada, my 4 year old grandgirl, so share is what we did.  This sweet girl gives more away than she keeps. Including gifts that you may give to her! LOL!


She got a lesson in re-potting flowers and loved it.  Not sure what she liked the best. Digging in the dirt or wearing my gloves.


Two of the pink petals fell off during the re-potting stage and she picks them up and carries them to lay on the grass by the pond. She told me that when the wind blew that those petals would fly to heaven so her Grandmother (On her dad's side) and her 2-Nanny as she called her (on her mom's side) would each have a pretty flower petal from her. YEP...was sorta one of those moments that I didn't know whether to tear up or to smile real big. So, I DONE BOTH


Shopping, pop-sickles, face timing with one of her friends and licking the beaters was on top of our list of things to do.


Riding the 4-wheeler is an every weekend thing for my grands but she even got to drive a bit this weekend.Well, sorta. LOL! Of course her choice of an evening meal was hot dogs, chips and pop tarts! 


As you know, we do lots of baking at my house. Some of my most fondest memories are of me and my granny baking in the kitchen. I treasure those sweet times and surely try to make some sweet baking memories with my grands.

We made chocolate chip cookie cake. AND....yes, it would melt in your mouth! YUM!


The chocolate chip cookie cake became our dessert for our backyard picnic. Which painting followed after that. 


Oh to be young, carefree, not worry about the things we tend to worry about......Well, I'm not young anymore but I sure did try hard to be carefree this weekend.  I tried to not think about all of the ugly that is happening in our world today. My 9 year old granddaughter doesn't realize all of the ugly going on in our history of time. In her mind, everyone loves one another. Everyone gets along. Everyone has fun together. Just for a little while...just for a moment in time, we made our own HISTORY together.  Times when life right in front of us became important. Times that we enjoyed life and saw the treasures instead of the junk. Times that no matter what else may be happening around us that OUR time together will be etched in our memories forever. AND THEY WERE GOOD TIMES! No, I do not live in rose colored world but my grandgirl does. And for a moment in time, I chose to live through her eyes.


We ended the weekend on Father's Day with a tribute to some good men in our family along with dinner and a pool party. I don't know about y'all...but THIS is the kind of HISTORY I choose to make. 


I will close out with this short, but wonderful question that Corrie Ten Boom asked? 

I hope that all my blogging friends has a wonderful week and that you make a little history of your own. ONE with good, wholesome, lasting memories. As an older, wise woman told me once....Cindy, make all the memories you can because one day those memories will keep you company.

And y'all, it truly is the little things in life that bring the greatest pleasure.


Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Thst was such a post full of happiness, Cindy, to share all the joy of goodness with your sweet Kyleigh! Focusing through our grands’ eyes, with all the horribleness around us, is what keeps us going. Your Father’s Day sounded fun, too. I had a wonderful one, too, going to a lake with my youngest son, DIL, and the two little granddaughters. I’m thankful that they include my one son and I. Life is good, and I choose the steering wheel! 🙏🏻 💗🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. I too chose the steering wheel. I am so glad you enjoyed your sweet family at the lake. Fun times for sure.

      Delete
  2. Kyleigh is absolutely adorable and I think you are a fabulous Nana! Creating these special moments in time is what is so important. Have a lovely week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Such sweet times are surely important for sure.

      Delete
  3. Your chocolate chip cookie cake is making my mouth water!

    I'm also a strong believer of "Quiet Time" in the morning. Your grandkids always have a blast at Nana's house!

    I gotta ask--what's the teacup doing in the planter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That chocolate chip cake would melt in your mouth! "M quiet time" is a MUST! Girl, I have so many tea cups that I needed to start using them so decorating with them seemed the logical thing to do! LOL! You never know where a tea cup at my house might show up.

      Delete
  4. Everything about this post is SWEET from the sentiments to the goodies.
    You are a wonderful grandma/nana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GM. We sure have fun. Taking two of those girls to the dentist today for cleaning. So I am sure we will be swinging by to get an snack somewhere afterwards. LOL!

      Delete
  5. What precious special moments you made together! How wonderful that you were able to make such sweet memories together (literally !) I baked with both my grandmothers as well, and they are such precious memories in my heart. I about teared up when you wrote about how she was sending flower petals to heaven, what a sweet tender heart she has! So thankful for your family making precious memories together, we need more of that in this world! Much love to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn. They say grandchildren will keep us young at heart. Well, my body sure says different at times! LOL! I surely do treasure those sweet moments.

      Delete
  6. What an enjoyable post! It looks like you all had a great weekend! Those smiles show the love you all have for one another!! What special memories she will have! It’s great you all are able to take each child for some one-on-one time and do things that child enjoys. I love that quote from Corrie Ten Boom, too, it’s so good to remember! Wishing you a wonderful week! Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your week Zenda is wonderful. If you have not read The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom please do. It is wonderful.

      Delete
  7. Cindy, You have the most fun with your grandchildren. So special to spend time with them teaching them about cooking, styling, gardening, and loving.
    You have the sweetest heart. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie. We try to have fun. Of course if I had them all every day I am quite sure things would be a little different. But, I truly enjoy being their Nana. God has blessed our little tribe.

      Delete
  8. I love living vicariously through you with your grands. I hope that's me someday! You are creating such magical memories for them. What a sweet girl you've got there! That chocolate chip cake looks amazing...even the hot dog dinner sounds good right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. Hot dogs sound pretty tasty to me right now too. And I could go for a slice of that chocolate chip cookie cake too with a glass of milk! LOL! Now I am starving!

      Delete
  9. Cindy I can tell how over the moon you are when with your grand kiddo's. Just when we think we cannot love anyone more than our own child they give us a grandchild and our hearts explode. Life is good girl and you are making the best of each beautiful day. Love seeing your posts. Have a wonderful week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best gift my girls has ever given me was the kiddos! They grow up so fast though. Trying to relish these moments of youth can be so hard at times but worth every moment.

      Delete
  10. Gee, I wish I could be your "grandgirl" for a weekend! That would be such fun. What a blessing to have a precious young girl to spend time with and teach her so many special things about life. You are truly blessed. I would just love to come and play at your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Pam. We would have so much fun together. I will even make you a cup of tea girl!

      Delete
  11. Sweetest, sweetest post! These gran girls are so much fun and of course, our boys are lots of fun as well. Always uplifting to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea. Yes those boys are special. I have only one grandson but he has our hearts for sure. Bless his heart...he has to put up with lots of women in our family.

      Delete
  12. I loved all the pictures and yes you are creating special memories. My parents, grandparents are buried about 20 feet from Corrie Ten Boom. I will be there too someday. Is that you pool? Looks like so much fun. We have a large spa and the grands enjoy it, especially at night. Now I am thinking of that chocolate cookie, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corrie Ten Boom was quite a gal wasn't she? The baby pool is mine! LOL! I keep one around for the little ones. But, I have been known to drag my chair right beside it and lay out by that little pool. The large pool was at my oldest daughter's home. We owned two large pools while our girls was growing up. Marty says his days of caring for a pool no longer existed! LOL! So, we enjoy my daughter' pool. And...no caring for it on our part! LOL!

      Delete
  13. I just love coming here to visit with you, sweet friend. Your posts are always so uplifting and heartwarming and it is just so wonderful to see a "normal" family living life and carrying on traditional family values. I get so sick of all that is going on in our world, and the utter chaos and abnormaly everywhere I look. SO thankful there are still people who cherish their families and live like God intended. God bless all of you in a special way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. One thing I decided a long time was that I refuse to live like I am dead cause one day I am going to be dead! Life is too short to allow the weight of sin in this world get us down. Nothing any more important than to enjoy life the best you can with those you love the most and I am surely am trying to do that. Happy Week to you dear Cheryl.

      Delete
  14. What a sweet time you had, packed full of good memories for sure! and those muffins, my oh my!!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marty likes the jumbo muffins so thinking about making another batch this weekend and freezing them for our beach family trip. YUM!

      Delete
  15. Oh what fun you had.

    I get to play grandma this weekend. There is a baby shower for our daughter-in-law this weekend and our daughter is coming with our two little grandsons. We haven't seen them since Christmas. Four different visits were cancelled over the last few crazy months.

    They are just 3 and 1, but we have some fun things planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for you Carol. What fun you will have with those sweet littles.

      Delete
  16. HI Cindy! Oh, what a sweet time you have with your grands! They are all so precious! I'm not going to ask how you are because I can tell you're doing great! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a happy visit. So many smiles. Grands make the day with their charming ways. So many precious memories in the making. I have my Great Granddaughter here for a week.
    Happy week ahead. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you are enjoying your sweet great granddaughter Linda.

      Delete
  18. She is darling and it's easy to tell that you both had a blast!! We need to forget about the world every now and then and just enjoy life!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a true saying. My memories keep me company. What a fun time you had. I loved the menu. All my favorites. Your grandgirlie is so cute. She sounds like a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget