Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Baking Is Good For The Mind But Maybe Not For The Thighs} LOL!


I hope that you had a wonderful Independence Day.  Marty and I stayed low key. No decorations, no fireworks and no sparklers. I do have a few American flags stuck in some of my garden pot plants that I’ve enjoyed so much. BUT....we did grill a big old fat juicy burger that I have been craving! Do you ever just get a hankering for something ? I’ve had a hankering for a good grilled juicy burger and it was delicious! Venison and Pork burger with all kinds of seasonings in it sure hit the spot. Add a few french fries to that and y'all, you've got a meal!
 

We have needed to replace our barn doors so Marty and his dad hit it hard this weekend. Of course we built those barn doors in 1996 so I guess it was time to replace the doors. Y’all , we are old school , you keep stuff till it flat out wears out ! Some call that being cheap, some call it being frugal , some call it just being lazy . Well Marty calls it being smart and not being wasteful! That boy gonna get his monies worth out of everything ! Lol ! 


We still have lots to do. Painting for sure. The old bulldog will come down. Of course if he can be cleaned up then this Florida Girl with a Georgia heart wants him back up. But, if not, I am sure I will come up with something.... OH WAIT...Marty said that was his barn! But I might have to help him think about it cause whatever goes up there i can assure you will be there for a very, very, very, long time .😂

Strawberry Pound Cake
Now that will not be around for a long time . 

 I have been baking all sorts of things and freezing them for our upcoming family trip. It sure saves a little time in the kitchen and yes, I am one of those that likes to prepare ahead of time if possible, not big on store bought goodies and the truth is, I just enjoy baking and cooking for my family. Maybe it's therapy for me. I don't know. 


Bet it will good drizzled over that strawberry pound cake too. My bunch will be enjoying this treat one night for sure. 


I needed to get busy making dessert for Sunday dinner so the vacation goodies had to stop. Made a batch of cream cheese and apple danishes. They were super easy to make.


Light and fluffy. And did I say easy? They really were. I will give you the link to the recipe. This would be awesome for breakfast.

 I  had enough cream cheese and apple filling left over so i made a simple pastry dough and made rolls from what was left to freeze for our trip . 
I figured the kids would rather have chocolate so I made a chocolate chip cookie pie for them. 


My bunch loves anything CHOCOLATE so you just can't go wrong with this dish!


The recipe calls for blueberries but you can use whatever you want too. I just happened to have a can of apple pie filling so that is what I made. Mine wasn't as pretty as I did not go the extra mile and add the drizzled icing. But hey, I baked all day so I guess I could fudge a bit, right? LOL! 
Her recipe is really simple . And I would think most any kind of pie filling would be good to use.


Spent a little time with my dad and asking if you would offer up a prayer for him. He is currently wearing a heart monitor due to a few problems.  He just recently had a few places removed off of his face near his eye and we are anticipating that those spots are not cancer as well. He has had a few health issues and I would surely covet your prayers for him. He has made some much needed health changes that has surely been a blessing for him too so giving God the praise for that. But, his attitude was good and that’s half the healing with most anything in life isn’t it ? 
{LIFE ISN'T IMPROVED BY CHANCE, IT'S IMPROVED BY CHANGE"}
From the web
 
I hope that you all have a wonderful week and remember to love on your loved ones a little when you can. I will be visiting with my blogging friends over the next few weeks off and on . I am taking some time this week to do some things for ME. Yep,  It's ME week. Then headed out Saturday for seven days with my family to the beach. We always come up with fun things to do while at the beach with the kids so going to do a little shopping for them too this week.  Well, maybe it's going to be a me and them week....LOL!



My attitude about going to the beach for seven days is sorta like that song by Zac Brown.....the only worry in the world I wanna have is if the tide gonna reach my chair! I sure pray that’s the only problem we encounter ! That will be an easy fix . Simple: move your chair back right ? 

See you back in a few weeks with beach stories and I hope to have all 10 fingers and 10 toes because i don’t go up into the sharks house ! 
I've got my books packed already!

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

P.S. I still have some flour left in the pantry! 

 


Comments

  1. wailllllllllllllllllllll take me with!!!! lolol. Have a f un and safe trip. Keeping in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, the burger, strawberry pound cake, chocolate chip cookie pie, and the danish all look delicious. Have a wonderful “me” week and vacation with your family. Prayers for your sweet daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food creations always look so good! I am ready to come over and try them all! The barn doors turned out so well! They did a fantastic job. I will keep your dad in my prayers. Enjoy your precious family time at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. It's just a good thing girl that I don't eat all that I cook or bake! LOL!

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful trip! I am SO ready to go to the beach or to the lake! I dream about it! I'll keep your Dad in my prayers. Stay safe and HAVE FUN! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers will be lifted for your sweet dad, my friend.
    My, you’ve been busy baking your little heart out. Those desserts look so good. Your family is very lucky. I’ll look forward to seeing pics of your beach time with your wonderful family. Have fun! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. Hoping that this COVID mess doesn't interfere but my how things have changed everywhere. So many restrictions it seems everywhere.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say that I am so going go to make those puff pastry treats. I went to the link and my, you found use any kind of pie filling. Thanks for sharing that!!

      Delete
  6. Everything you make looks so good! Wow 7 days at the beach sounds great. Looking forward to all the pictures you will share. Enjoy your family. Praying your dad will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yummy food pics, especially the juicy burger, made my mouth water!

    I'll remember your dad in my prayers. Wishing you a safe and relaxing holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That burger was delicious. But I have been craving a good burger.

      Delete
  8. Homemade goodies are always better than store bought. My question is this: How in the world can you take a bite out of a burger that tall?
    Have a wonderful ME time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I took a knife and cut that big boy in half. It was crazy big!

      Delete
  9. Cindy,
    The food all looks so yummy!! Enjoy yourself!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all will sure be eating well with all of those goodies! Take care and have a great time! Keep your crew socially distance from everyone else. Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries with the social distancing. With all the rules and regulations everywhere I do good to be able to get close to my husband! LOL!

      Delete
  11. OH boy you have been a baking queen for sure. Your family is going to really enjoy all the baked goods. Prayers for your sweet dad. Have fun with the family on your vacation.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that hamburger looks sooooo good. I love the bulldog over the barn doors, our school mascot is a bulldog, and you will see bulldogs all over this town. All that cooking, girl, just reading about it all I gained a pound or two. lol Hope all is well with you and your family. Sending you ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Mary. We are Bulldog fans! Hoping he can be cleaned up.

      Delete
  13. Our 4th was like yours, quiet, but with juicy grilled steaks. As for a hankering, every now and then I want a hot dog!! Lucky you to still have your dad with you! Great photo! Stay well and safe this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you have been baking up a storm! Prayers for your Dad and have a wonderful trip to the beach!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. Good thing we do not live side by side with our goodies! LOL!

      Delete
  15. Oh, I've been baking like a maniac too and love to bake. I made pecan cookies yesterday, sugar cookies today and have everything out to make chocolate chip tomorrow. I have no reason to make them, just love baking and will put most of them in the freezer and will have them if I need them. Going to check out that Danish recipe right now. Enjoy your beach trip and we'll be right here waiting to hear about it. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to bake ahead of time if possible too Lea. Always takes the stress off especially around holidays. Leaves me more time for fun.

      Delete
  16. All of your goodies sound just wonderful! I know your family must love having homemade stuff from their sweet mama/grandmama. You are so kind and good to everyone. Your Daddy looks so sweet. May God bless him and heal him and grant you many more happy, healthy years together. Enjoy your beach trip, sweet friend. Many blessings to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Have prayed for your sweet family since you all lost Brian.

      Delete
  17. Ah ... burgers, danish, chocolate cookie pie.

    Bring it on.

    And a hug and a prayer for your dad, friend ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your week away with family, Cindy! I can just imagine the wonderful pics we'll get to see! I like to bake from scratch, too. My family appreciates it. Praying for your dad. May all his health problems clear up quickly. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do I ever get a hankering! Goodness you sure must have given a bunch of us a hankering with all these yummy food pictures.

    Awww...a privilege to pray for your dad that he will be happy and healthy. He looks like a Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy cooking and baking Vee. I guess it truly is some sort of therapy.

      Delete
  20. Oh, and a wonderful time at the beach! 🏖

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, Friend... I hope you're having a wonderful vacation. I'm so envious of you and your family and how close you are. You've heard me say several times how I long for a vacation. You're just the dearest Momma and wife. Your family is so blessed to have you... and vice versa! Love you! 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. Wish I could sneak you in my suitcase with me!

      Delete
  22. You sure are a bundle of energy! Not sure how you do it all! Having all those young grands around keeps you young I guess! Would love to sample all those goodies! Hope you are having a great week and that your vacation will be filled with much joy and relaxation and peace!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Pam! Not sure girl if I really do have that much energy or if it's the fact that I am afraid if I stop I will STOP!

      Delete
  23. Cindy,
    Just stopping in again to thank you for your visit! Have a great day!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Cindy! Oh my word - biiiiiiig mistake reading this awesome post when I skipped breadfast and lunch and it is 2pm and I found myself drooling. First that burger and then
    the thought of cream cheese apple yummies. Oh gracious, there I go again, haha.

    Good reminder about loving our peeps - been impossible as I have been isolated since February pretty much now going anywhere. I miss my girls, and sooooo miss my grand daughter. I miss my sisters and nieces and tea friends. I miss everybody and pray for an end of this nightmare soon.

    Please stay safe, stay healthy. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget