Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Sky Above, Sand Below, And Peace Within}

Someone once told me that lived near the beach that "Beach Life was the Best Life". Well, to be perfectly honest with you, wherever my family is is the BEST LIFE for me but that dang BEACH sure does come in 2nd! Oh do I ever love me some beach. I am telling y'all that I could be a beach bum quick! LOL!

Our family takes a seven day beach trip together every year and though I know that could change any year, it sure was nice to once again spend time with those I love the most at a place I love so much. THE BEACH!


Image may contain: hat and indoor

One morning I enjoyed my BIG cup of coffee on the beach. I found the biggest cup there was in the condo and YEP, that cup of coffee went to the beach with me.
It's never too hot for coffee girls!


Every day we were blessed with beautiful weather. Hot, but the ocean breeze, sand between our toes and the sweet fellowship quickly became our haven.

My man loves to fly kites and this was his newest one. What he had named the Patriotic Eagle took it's last flight when he and I went to the beach about a month or so ago. But it had lasted us several summers. He ordered a new one. Of course, good old red, white and blue is his fav. She flew beautifully all week and the grands loved her.

I read a lot which I always do on the beach. Seems that is when I have the most time to read. I had already read one book and this was my second one. I am not finished with it but I will tell you that it is ONE GOOD BOOK. One of those kind of books that you can't hardly put down.


One thing we all do well at the beach is EAT! My man loves to cook breakfast and needless to say he kept us fed. Of course remember all those muffins, danishes and etc. I made and froze to carry with us? Well, not a one was left. That worked out perfectly and did save us some time in the kitchen. We all take turns preparing evening meals and that works out great. Pizza, pulled pork, fried chicken, taco's, lasagna, and well, you name it and we had it. We don't skimp on food! LOL!


We even had the strawberry pound cake I had baked and frozen for our trip one night. I carried my buttercream icing with me, graham crackers crushed for the sand, strawberry glaze and chocolate sea shells and it became a favorite. I may be making that pound cake again soon!


My granddaughter Mallory had a couple of friends join us for a few days and they had a ball. Our annual "laugh til we can't laugh anymore" is going Crab hunting.

These two little grands played hard and talked hard.

My grands had the best time.

My three beautiful daughters.

We snapped so many pictures that I had a hard time choosing what to show you.

And girls, this is what those little filters will do for you when the grandgirl plays around with them. LOL!

But here are some of my most favorites.



A reminder that God always keeps His promise.

My pride and joy is no doubt my children and grandchildren.


We are back home now. Everything is unpacked, washed up and a new week has begun. We all are missing the beach but so thankful for the opportunity to be together as a family and enjoy MY HAPPY PLACE!

Well, HOME is where my family is but like I said in the beginning....the beach sure comes in 2nd!


We are truly a blessed family that loves one another and for that...I will be FOREVER grateful!


Hugs and blessings, Cindy



Comments

  1. I love the pics of the girls and grands. That is adorable. I love my grands but most often I prefer to vacation without the grands, that is usually a trip to Calif to visit my son. That is this yr but because of a new house and this virus, I am not going. I just took my brother and SIL to the airport this morn, they are on the way to the beach. Told them not to come back with a virus....haha...Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all these wonderful pics of your wonderful family. I have named all of you the Beach Bunny Family because you're beach bunnies! :) You are so blessed. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Mary. YES indeed, we are the beach bunnies! LOL!

      Delete
  3. I got to see many more of your pics on FB, Cindy, but I loved seeing some more of your favorites. Really and truly, seeing all that happiness brings me to happy tears. You all have the best time!! The food, the fun, it’s all such a blessing. Do you all stay in one big house?? I did see some new faces in there and thought now, who are they? Then I read that they were Mallory’s friends. What a happy post! 🏖 🌞 🌊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty. We all stay in condo's. When we used to go to Cinnamon Beach we rented a big house. But we surly have a good time. Yes Mallory had a couple of friends come for a few days. The kids and adults had a ball. Ready to go back.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful....and sticking my tongue out, giggling. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you enjoyed your beach vacation! Your pics are the closest that I'll get to the beach these days. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, maybe one day Margie you can get to the beach. We love it so much. I have been to the beach at least 5 times this year now and ready to go back. For sure my happy place.

      Delete
  6. Hi Cindy, Oh my goodness what a wonderful time. Great family fun. You all looked happy. I love it. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you enjoyed a great week of fun and food with your lovely family.
    About the coffee on a hot day? I agree 100%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes GM! I gotta have my coffee no matter the temp! LOL!

      Delete
  8. Great pictures!!!! Those pancakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious. Of course everything is better at the beach! LOL!

      Delete
  9. Cindy,
    I always enjoy seeing the pictures of you and your wonderful family...You are truly blessed as so many families are not that close and do not get along!! That is why i think everyone enjoys when you post about your family time!! Thanks so much for stopping by!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. And yes, I am sad to say that I know many that do not speak to their families. Some do not have relationships with their parents or their children. It is heartbreaking to say the least. I know families that only do things with some and yet not the others. But, there is no doubt in my mind that our relationship with our children is only because of God. He has truly blessed us and I try so hard not to take that for granite.

      Delete
  10. What an amazing time with your precious family! I live vicariously through you, my sweet Friend! 💜 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. Wish you could tag along with us. My bunch would keep you laughing or at least WONDERING what would happen next! LOL!

      Delete
  11. I think I could be a beach bum too! Your food all looked so yummy, it's making me hungry! You were smart to make some of it ahead of time. I agree that it's never too hot for coffee and why are the mugs so small at condos and hotels? :) Your photos are so beautiful. What wonderful memories you are all making together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. Girl, we done some eating. Marty said he gained three pounds on vacation. LOL! Of course my attitude was "What man comes home from vacation and weighs? LOL! I don't even bother with that!

      Delete
  12. oh yes, to the beach, to family, to annual vacations, to love, to laughter.

    a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy your time with your family is so precious and fun. What a blessing to have a week together. We try and do a family vacation each year too. Ours was to be a beach vacation this year but with Covid we had to put it on hold until next year. Family together for vacation is the best gift we can have in life. Loved seeing your sweet family in the beautiful pics. The pics with the hats on the beach are my faves. Super cute. Have a good week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris we had planned to go take the kiddos to Dollywood but then COVID shut us down. So we are truly thankful we had the beach time. There were some restricions that came with it but we done we had to do and it all worked out.

      Delete
  14. A great week that will be remembered fondly. Perhaps you folks should look for beach front property! 👙☀️🌊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Vee, girl....you wouldn't have to ask me twice about beach property! I have always said if I had to move then close to the beach is where I would want to be. But my man would never leave his roots. And where he goes...I will go. So glad you stopped by sweet lady.

      Delete
  15. Cindy, what a beautiful vacation with your family. I love all the photos of your precious family. A big mug of coffee and a Francine Rivers book...bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Francine River's books! This one was really GOOD! Yes, coffee is a must and even on the beach!

      Delete
  16. What a great vacation!! You all had a great time together and made so many great memories. This is such a good idea, I'm going to suggest it for our family, too. Happy week, dear friend! Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed it Zenda. I've been blessed to be able to go to the beach about 5 times now and.....thinking I may go back one more time this season.

      Delete
  17. So glad you had a wonderful trip with beautiful weather! Beautiful photos, and you've gotta love a man that cooks breakfast!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he sure can cook a good breakfast! Matter of fact, he's good with a grill and especially frying up a batch of juicy chicken outside in the barn! LOL!

      Delete
  18. Cindy, I think I began following your blog last year when you took this annual beach trip. I was entranced by your beautiful photography and clever wit.

    That sea shell-decorated cake is TOPS!!!! My goodness that is creative!

    Thank you for bringing us along on a most wonderful beach excursion and then tying it all up with reminders of our Lord's faithfulness. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. The pound cake went over really well. Grands sure loved the chocolate sea shells.

      Delete
  19. Love Love Love this!
    Beach, beauties, and breakfast!
    (You look like a movie star!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such wonderful photos of a beautiful time with your marvelous family. You are truly blessed. Which beach do you like to go to? That looks so clean and uncrowded and perfect. We haven't been to the beach in so long, and I do miss it. We are only about an hour and 1/2 away, but never get there. What a shame. I love that you family does this every year. You are making memories for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go to St. Augustine. My favorite place to go. We used to go to Cinnamon beach but decided to stay closer to home so if needed we could get back. We are about 1 1/2 hours away. Love it there!

      Delete
  21. Looks like a perfect vacation. I'll be so glad when we can go to the beach again! I've missed it! Enjoy your week! I'll look for that book...I already have that big mug of coffee! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good! I like Francine Rivers. I love the beach. My favorite place.

      Delete
  22. Couldn't be more wonderful, Cindy. What a beautiful family you have.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always such fun to see pics of you and your sweet family. We haven't been to the beach in years and years. I'm thinking maybe it is time to go. Thanks for sharing your fun with us. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea. I love the beach and planning another beach day soon.

      Delete
  24. Looks like you had another wonderful beach vacation!! Such sweet memories you made. Thank you for sharing with us here!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget