Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

"A Little Christmas Magic" Is In The Air

 


I have surely been enjoying my little Christmas magic at my house. I just love my fireplace mantle and hearth this year. 


There is just something about a red and black scarf that can show case anything to me! It show cased me last Christmas and believe me, that's a job! LOL! 


And who doesn't love trees....and well, anything in nature and outdoors suits me just fine.  Add a few red birds and I begin to feel my heart do a little pitter-patter.


I just love Christmas and I love everything about it. Especially the CHRIST in Christmas. 


My little sign "HOPE and BELEIVE"...says it all for me. The Bible says that a people without HOPE will perish and let's face it friends, where would we be without HOPE.  I honestly shutter to think where I would be. BELIEVE, Oh yes....I truly believe in the Name above all Names, Jesus Christ and I believe this scripture without any reservations.

This scripture is my life verse!
Web image 


I put up my skinny Christmas tree this year and I really like it. Less space is needed for sure and I had fun decorating it with some of my favorite ornaments. I hope you spot my newest little red truck ornament given to me by a sweet little Bible study student. She knows I love me a red truck!


I am a huge fan of anything "deer" and my mercy I do love me some Santa. I have a little collection of Santa's and my three daughter's probably thinks their Mom is a Santa nut! LOL! 




I will have to share some of my Santa's soon. I have some very old Santa's and have refrained this year, SO FAR.....from purchasing more!


I had fun making my little topper this year. You just can't go wrong with red berries or red and black colors! Yes, I think it would be safe to say that my favorite colors are no doubt, red and black. 


I am loving my little skinny tree. I was going to buy or have made one of those cute boxes to put my tree in but decided...those six grandbabies gifts would cover it! LOL! 

And those two matching recliners.....BEST MONEY we ever spent.  If those chairs break I promise you that I will be out and about to purchase new ones! We use them WELL at night. Nothing like coming home, putting on my "fat clothes" as I like to call them, grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting in our favorite chairs and talking about life together.


And since I am showing you one last picture of my mantle and hearth decor.... 

 You see those nice looking bucks? 




235 lbs. 11 point. 21 inches wide

YEP, One of those bucks will be REPLACED soon! Most of you know that I enjoy whitetail deer hunting with my family and I was blessed to be able to harvest this handsome guy. 

I think I deserve a few bragging rights on this one. Mr. Marty said, "Well done woman of mine", but now you need to stay home and cook the venison". LOL! 



I hope that you all have a wonderful week and remember....

Anticipate Beauty

Believe in Miracles

Count on Grace

Decide on Joy

Expect Peace


Hugs and blessings, Cindy


 

 

Comments

  1. You house and your decor always looks so good. And WOW on that buck. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I love my mantle this year so much. And girl...I am still a little shocked about my harvest. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cindy, I enjoyed your pictures. I am using the buffalo check too. I got most of my decorating done. you must have a freezer for all that deer meat. I bet a stew would taste good. You don't find much hunting in So California. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Yes girl, we have plenty to eat. Praise the Lord. I hope that you are feeling much better.

      Delete
  3. Your mantel is gorgeous. Such a fun time to brighten our spirits with all our decor. Enjoy enjoy. Happy New Week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. I only work time but taking some time off til after Christmas. So much to do and so much I want to do. Mercy...I need more hours in a day.

      Delete
  4. Cindy, your home is so beautifully adorned for Christmas. I love your mantel, hearth, and skinny tree. The red and black are statement colors and you have styled everything so well. I have been married almost 48 years to a deer hunter, and I have never been once to the woods to hunt. I admire your love for hunting and that buck is a nice one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I was raised in deer hunting and married into it. We surely enjoy it. And you know....for Marty and I? It's never about the harvest as much as it is our time together. Happy Week to you Pam.

      Delete
  5. Your Christmas decor looks great! Looking forward to seeing your Santa collection (this is a safe space. We won't judge! LOL).

    Is your skinny tree a pop-up tree? A few years ago, my mom bought a pop-up tree. She thought it would be thick like the one at her office, but it was super skinny! I burst out laughing the first time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. I guess it is a pop up tree. I just pull the branches up! LOL! But then fluffing it out is time consuming. I am enjoying this year for sure for the extra space. But I have no problem with filling that skinny tree up with ornaments. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Cindy, I love red and black, too! Your fireplace looks so cozy and ready for Christmas. Congratulations on the big buck! When my guys harvest their deer, we use the meat for burger and tenderloin but we really like having most of it made into cured deer sticks. Great snacks! Enjoy your venison and preparing for Christmas! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zenda. I love red and black together. Yes girl...we cook that venison every way one can imagine. My SIL has the deer sticks made and they are very good.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 On getting your buck, Cindy!!! You are one awesome huntress!! Your mantle and fireplace look wonderful. Your life verse is perfect. I sure enjoyed seeing everything. 🎄❤️🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love my life verse Kitty. It gives me such comfort. Thank you too about my "buck". I was shocked! But sure brought me a lot of bragging rights round the men folk! LOL!

      Delete
  8. Oh, everything looks so beautiful, Cindy! I dearly loved visiting with you this morning, and WOW, what a buck! GREAT job on that, sweet friend. Many blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Cheryl. I can't wait to have my buck mounted. Going up in living room for sure!

      Delete
  9. I love your mantle and decorations. All of the red pops are so festive! I think it's Marty's turn to cook the venison. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather Lou. YEP, I told Marty that I can't be expected to harvest and cook! LOL!

      Delete
  10. What a selection of photographs you've shared here.
    Your house and décor look very good.

    Enjoy your December days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Laurie. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the red and black checks, and skinny trees are the best! Christmas seems to have exploded at my house too, yikes it's amazing how much "stuff" we can collect over the years! I look forward to seeing your Santa collection, I love Santas!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. know Jenna, I need to go through my Christmas things and organize! Happy Week to you.

      Delete
  13. Your cozy living room is just full of so much charm! I love the red pickups too, they are just so much fun to decorate with! Congratulations on the buck! That is so awesome, will be many wonderful meals too! I love your recliners too... we upgraded earlier this year to recliners that both rock and recline, and we just love them too! Many happy blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn. I am enjoying my Christmas decor. Don't do nearly what I used to do but I just gotta have the lights....makes me smile and all warm and fuzzy.

      Delete
  14. I love your red and black and green trees and red truck and the deer! That new buck! WOW!! I am impressed!!! Can't wait to see it over the fireplace! You are an amazing woman!! Yes, we love our recliners too. Ours don't match, but they are comfy and that is where we sit to read out morning devotions together and to watch anything on TV together, or I sit and read and he does whatever he likes on TV or his laptop. But we are together. That's the best part! Your deorations are so much fun...like you! Merry Christmas dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right....WE ARE TOGETHER! We've had those recliners for a long time but we enjoy them so much. Girl...I sure have enjoyed my bragging rights round the men folk with my harvest! LOL!

      Delete
  15. so much sparkle and light and coziness here, Cindy ... not only your home, but your heart and your vibrant outlook on life and faith.

    what a joy to visit with you this morning ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home is a Christmas wonder land! I will say, the bucks over the fireplace are very impressive. Even more, you "harvested" them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Hope you and dear family are doing well.

      Delete
  17. Oh, my goodness, that buck! I showed my husband and he was more than a little impressed for sure. And, girl, we have matching recliners too and they are the most used furniture in our house. We retreat to them after dinner and stay right there until bedtime. Love your decor, so warm and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lea. Tell Mr. Tommy that as my little huntress grandgirl says, "Girls rule and boys drool". LOL!

      Delete
  18. Oh, my friend, please don't let my sweetheart see those bucks above your fireplace. If we ever come your way and get to visit you must hide them!!! He always teases me that he's going to find a trophy buck and mount the head to hang right above my piano. I've always told him no, he'd have to find a different place. One day I said he could hang it above my piano but I get the privilege of 'decorating' it with strings of pearls, lace scarves and a stylish bonnet! Teasing, of course. Loved seeing the picture of you and your big buck.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty corner, Cindy. I like your decorations.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget