Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Happy New Year and My WORD for 2021}


 I sure hope that your New Year has started out with "sweet moments" of life happening all around you. I have been busy taking my Christmas down and putting it away for another season. I love my Christmas so much and I always dread taking it down. But, It's a New Season of life, a New Beginning, and a New Reason to have JOY!

For New Year's Eve we spent some time with our children and fried some good old venison back strap and potatoes. We enjoyed a fire pit and S'mores and of course a few fireworks added to the fun. 

On New Year's Day we spent a quiet day at home "piddling" as we like to call it. I've learned something about myself this past year. I'm real quick to start several projects at one time but I am easily distracted by other things. So I just sorta "Piddle". Oh well....


I went out to eat and done a little shopping with this crew over the New Year Holidays. YEP, picked up a few new items for next Christmas that had been marked down. My kind of buy! Now, If I just don't forget where I put those things.......

 But now it's time to begin a fresh new journey with this brand new year of 2021. Like so many of you I am ready to see some "Good" and "Better" changes. 2020 surely was a year that we will never forget. 2020 brought about lot's of changes and "Change" is something I struggle with at times. Just keeping it real. 2020 brought fear of the unknown's of life and uncertainty.  2020 brought about some sadness as we lost people in our community due to COVID and so many sick and still are struggling. 2020 changed the way we do life in a lot of ways. I am sure we all could write a book. But, 2020 brought blessings to me too. I never once had to refrain from my immediate family. Our household nor those of my children never missed a meal and we never missed paying a bill. My husband never lost a day of work. We continued worship either by Zoom, Live Steaming,  and finally meeting in person once again though we are still under CDC guidelines. The Lord has kept us for the most part, healthy. I am very thankful and grateful. Oh we've had some ups and downs but who hasn't? Learning to EMBRACE 2020 was surely a very hard thing for this type personality that wants to be in control and for things to be right and on time and work like clockwork as they say. Fear crept his ugly head in my life for about 3 months and it was a battle nonetheless. So thankful for praying friends and the Word of God is all I can say. And speaking of EMBRACE, that was my word for 2020 to focus on. Little did I know on 12/31/2019 when I truly felt the Lord give me that WORD what I was about to embrace for 2020! 2020 surely turned into "A Whole New World" it seemed. EMBRACE was a huge challenge for me. Maybe that is why the Lord doesn't give us a WORD that we want as He knows it would not challenge us enough....... But then came a New Year, 2021 and hands down I knew what my WORD was to be.

"The Joy of the Lord is our strength". 

Here's the thing though, for the most part I am a very joyous person and I try to find joy in all things and all situations. But.....I need to bathe more in the JOY that comes from GOD! Not people, not things, not situations, but from GOD. There is a difference between being happy and choosing joy

{Happiness happens to us. Even though we may seek it, desire it, pursue it, etc., feeling happiness is not a choice we make. Joy, on the other hand, is a choice purposefully made. Joy is an attitude of the heart and spirit}.

 

I truly do want to seek to CHOOSE JOY no matter what. The JOY that comes from the Lord

 Happy New Year to all my blogging friends. May God give you the desires of your heart.  May He prosper you in ways that are beyond your beyond. May He give you good health and help you to make wise decisions in 2021. And.....May you be filled with the JOY that can only come from Him. THE JOY OF THE LORD....Because His JOY will be Your STRENGTH.  

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

 
 


 

 
 



 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 


 

Comments

  1. JOY. Yes, please. That Fruit of the Spirit ain't going anywhere!

    Let's fan the flames this year. Thanks for the way you bless with encouraging words and beautiful snapshots. Your smile is contagious, friend!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right sister friend....the fruit of the spirit ain't going anywhere!!! Love it!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Cindy!

    Love your word for 2021! I look forward to your JOYFUL updates this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margie. I am already reciting the scripture. Today started off with a bang, But the Joy of the Lord is our strength,

      Delete
  3. A lovely encouraging post. You have the right attitude and it's one we all should strive for.
    Sounds like you had a great festive season and now you're ready to take on 2021. Have a wonderful year and be blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep choosing JOY! My word for 2020 was joyful! And there were times that it was difficult to remain joyful...but for the Lord I could not have done so. But when the JOY of the LORD is our strength, it is so much easier to remain joyful in the face of adversity. This year my word is BELIEVE. I haven't zeroed in on a particular verse as there are so many. I know God will reveal the special verses as we go through the year. I BELIEVE He will!!I BELIEVE God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or think...(Eph. 3:20) so I will keep on believing!! Happy New Year dear Cindy. I look forward to walking through this New Year with you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to walking this New Year with you as well. BELIEVE is a great word choice too. I had that word one year. I have written in the back of my Bible each year since 2013 what my word was. I can go back and recall so many things those years that drew me my word. Choosing Joy today my friend.

      Delete
  5. You and your girls sure have fun! I love it! JOY is a wonderful word for this year, Cindy. My word is PEACE. I guess we’ve both chose fruits of the Spirit, which comes from my favorite verse....the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control. Our words are side by side!
    Happy 2021 to you, dear Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Kitty and YES...PEACE as only God can give.

      Delete
  6. I know!! Taking down Christmas is sad. Mr D and I have decided to leave our tree up for a while. I'm just leaving the lights, maybe I'll decorate it for the seasons. I don't know, we'll just wait and see. Love your 2021 word, it's one thing we can always have through Christ Jesus. His joy in us radiates to others! As always, love pictures of your beautiful family. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like taking any of my Christmas down . I have truly enjoyed it.

      Delete
  7. You are so blessed, my Friend. What a beautiful family! Joy... something I've allowed Satan to steal for way too long. Change... my word for 2021... because in order to endure certain things /, people, I have to change my attitude and thinking and realize... this is my life and I don't want to waste it! Keep posting these precious pics of you and your girls and grands and Mr. Marty... I'm so glad you have that relationship. Love you, Friend! 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change is a good word and a hard one for sure. But one thing I know for sure dear friend...Our GOD is surely in the changing business! Love you Deb.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year to you, Cindy! Choosing to celebrate Joy in the Lord everyday sounds like the perfect goal for all of us. You are so right, happiness happens by we must choose to be joyful through every situation. Joy in the Lord is not only a way of praising Him but also a way to witness for Him and it gives us the strength we need to get through each day. I’m wishing you MANY blessings this year, dear friend!! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a wonderful New Year's celebration! We had a quiet one with just the four of us. I love your word for the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lot's more JOY for sure in this new year. I think we have all been stopped in our tracks and it slowed life down having Covid this past year. I think one of the good things that came out of last year would be that we all had to slow down and really reflect on what is important. Almost like God was saying all of you go to your rooms and think about life. The worse part is the loss of so many due to Covid. I pray with the vaccine rolling out we might just get a handle on this virus and we can all resume a new normal in our lives. My word is grateful. I feel grateful that no one in my family had to go without food, heat or paying bills on time and that we did not get sick. I hope in this new year we win this war on Covid and we see more love and less unrest. Happy New Week Cindy. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEP, agree Kris totally. Oh yes, we have so much to be so grateful for. Giving Him Praise. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  11. JOY is a good word, Cindy. I hope you are able to embrace JOY all through 2021.

    I think my word for this new year has to be TRUST. Fear is a strong temptation with this new development in my life but I know who brings that on and it most definitely is not our precious LORD!

    God is not the author of confusion or fear. Our Lord gives power, love, and a sound mind. Trusting Him is essential. That's my word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have felt fear dear Barbara but not like you are experiencing it. I am sad that you are having to endure this time in your life. You are in my prayers and I know that the Lord will sustain you. The ONLY ONE can we can truly TRUST is HIM and our HOPE is surely in HIM. Praying for you.

      Delete
  12. I always enjoy seeing your photographs ...
    I don't tend to choose a word for the year but know many of my blogland friends do.
    It was interesting to read though your words and discover your choice.

    Wishing you joy and a happy and healthy 2021.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan and Happy New and Healthy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  13. Joy is perfect for you my friend. You are always so happy and smiling (at least what I can tell, lol)---have a beautiful day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Well I can assure you somedays It's hard to smile! LOL!

      Delete
  14. Your joyful spirit always comes through, sweet friend. May God always bless you with abundant joy that comes from Him! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy,
    I love your word for this year..... I have chosen Joy as my Word a few years back...
    I think we all need to look for the Joy in our lives.... Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you healthy and safe and happy New Year too.

      Delete
  16. Cindy, the more I read your blog the more I realize we are so alike:) So many things you said in this post I could have easily said myself. JOY is a wonderful word and I pray that all of us will have much JOY this year...happiness too:) The year hasn't started off so well unfortunately but I know there will be blessings. As you saw when you visited my blog, my word is ADVENTURE. I want to learn to see each day as a blessing and an opportunity to find adventure just in the life God has given me. P.S.: wish I could take your hair and put it on my head!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny. Right now my hair needs a cut and color! LOL! Happy New Year to you and joy the adventures of life dear lady.

      Delete
  17. A great word choice, I chose simplicity as mine.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your word for the year. Joy was my dear, little mother's lifetime word. It was my word a couple of years ago. I'm glad you and your family had some bright moments last year. We are fine and have been blessed in the middle of the storm. It's good to catch up with you again, my friend.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see your post dear Adrienne. Think of you so often and hope you all ae doing well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th