Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Counting My Many Blessings In Life}

 


I hope that you all are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. We sure have done some celebrating today for Father's Day and for my SIL (Jered's) birthday. We had dinner, swimming, a lots of talking after church at my oldest daughter's home today and it was a wonderful day. Our menu was: Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, green beans, rolls, apple pie, pecan pie and vanilla ice cream along with some good ole southern sweet tea! Now that's a Father's day meal don't ya think?

I am still being blessed with more squash and tomatoes. I surely see a squash casserole in the makings about next Sunday. The tomatoes...I eat one every day and will as long I my harvest is coming in. Nothing like fresh veggies.


Our oldest granddaughter Raygen left yesterday morning around 1 am for her first mission trip. She was in the bed by 7 pm last night. Please keep their group in your prayers. Safety, lives changed for our Lord and for a great work of God to be done inside and outside of all that is going. They are working on projects and witnessing to others. 


This sweet grand attended a drama camp this past week at our local high school and she had so much fun. 


This little cutie had her very first dance practice and we were not sure how she would do. But, she loved it and is ready to go back. She is doing the class for 6 weeks this summer to see how she likes it. 


Her older sister has been taking dance and this week they had a night that reflected a farm theme. Isn't her little dress just adorable?


I know you all might be tired of me showing you pictures of our Friday afternoon "fun foods" but we are just enjoying the heck out of our fun foods. Shrimp scampi and crab meat was so good y'all! 

I've been ordering a few fun things for us girls when we go on our beach vacation next month. YES, I can't wait to play with the colored hair chalk with the girls.


We will also sport a few fun wash off tattoos. Can you tell which one will be mine? Let's see how well you really know me.....


And what beach trip can be complete without some adorable beach anklets? Oh I love anklets anyway so this is right up my ally. Now, which one to keep and who will I give what too is the question. I've already ordered some and gave them to all of my girls for the beach but what's a few more going to hurt? Right? 



Web Image
 

I hope that you all are counting your many blessings as I am today and that your week is filled with many blessings.

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Thank you for the update on eldest granddaughter's mission trip. The Lord has brought her to mind of late and I have been praying.

    Yours is one fun family! The preparations you're making for the annual beach trip look like fun.

    And the harvest from your garden is surely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara for praying. She is doing well so far. She was so moved in church yesterday morning as they all sang the same song but in their own language. Yes, I am making some progress with a few things for the beach trip. I like to do things as much as I can ahead of time so that I can truly enjoy my time. Looking forward to it so much. My little garden has been good to me this far.

      Delete
  2. Oh how wonderful for Raelyn to be on a summer mission trip! I will keep her in my prayers. That is such a rewarding thing to do for a young person. Our oldest son went to Alaska on a mission trip when he was a teen. It was definitely a life changing experience. I wish every teen could do that and see how others live in this world. I love to see how all your sweet grandkids are enjoying different activities...drama, dance..so much fun and good activities. Your fresh vegies look wonderful. I may need to plant a garden next year. I love fresh tomatoes from the garden and squash too. Now, for that beach trip! It would be so much fun to take a beach trip with you! You have to be the coolest grandmother ever!! And I am sure the "lipstick" tattoo will be for YOU! Love the anklets. Cute idea. And hair chalk? What will they think of next? I never had little girls to play with...I have really missed out on the fun I think! Have a blessed week dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raygen will surely have some stories to share with us. I have been keeping up with her. She is having a great time right now. Today though they start working. She enjoyed church service with everyone yesterday. The grands are enjoying their summer for sure. YES girl, you know that lipstick one is for me! LOL! Pam, I had a young woman tell me once that as much as she loved her grandmother, who has passed away, that her grandmother was all about prim, proper, no funny business so to say, no cutting up and having fun and she truly loved her but sure would have loved to have seen a more fun side to her. I honestly just can't be that way. I want to make fun memories with mine. Not, well I loved her but she was a fuddy duddy. If you get lonely for some grandgirls I have plenty! LOL!

      Delete
  3. God bless Raygen on her mission trip, and just look at those cute little girls! I always love hearing about your good and seeing pictures, Cindy! You’re going to have so much fun on your vacation with your family! You are blessed. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Kitty. God is already at work with this group and I am anticipating to hear great and wonderful things. I am READY for beach!

      Delete
  4. Nothing stretches a grandma's faith more that a grandchild off to another corner of the globe sharing Jesus' love! Praying for you both even as I tap away here this morning, Cindy ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. She and I both appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  5. Oh Cindy how fun this post is of your sweet fun with family. Bravo Raygen for going out in this world to help others. What a blessing to have these young people learning life outside their own and wanting to help. There is nothing like fresh veggies. Your dinner for Dad's day sounded yummy too. Oh I think the cute lipstick tattoos will be adorable on you. I have never seen the chalk hair and will have to look for that for my granddaughters. Have a great new week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. Yes, that lipstick will be so cute and fun. My grandgirlies will get a kick of the fun stuff....and Nana too! LOL! I am very proud of our Raygen.

      Delete
  6. I’m keeping your granddaughter and her group in my prayers. I know they will get as much out of this trip as they give. Your Father’s Day sounded wonderful! We all went to Michelle and Jeremy’s and enjoyed smoked wings and fixings. Jack helped make the cupcakes. I know the lipstick tattoo will be yours and the anklets will be so cute on you and the girls. I know you’ll have a blast on the beach! Wishing you a blessed week!

    Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you dear Zenda. I know you all enjoyed the smoked wings and fixings and one another. How wonderful to get to spend time together. I bet little Jack was the cutest ever making cupcakes! Yes, we are excited to play with our fun stuff on our beach trip. Can't wait!

      Delete
  7. I love anklets in the summer. These are cute! You sure do have some wonderful blessings. Good luck to your grand on her mission trip. You all will have a blast at the beach. Is the lipstick tattoo for you? Bring on all of the fun foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you know that lipstick one is MINE! LOL! I told Marty we needed to have a fun food beach night for sure! Ha! Have a good week Heather Lou.

      Delete
  8. Keeping your family in prayer...and I think the lipstick tat is so you, LOLOL. Have a beautiful trip, my friend, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending prayers for your Grand daughter and the group she is with...Looks like you all had a great Father's Day....We will be celebrating it next Sunday.....
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping Raygen in my prayers as she is on mission in Puerto Rico. I love the photos of the girls…always so adorable. It looks like you will be having plenty of fun things to do at the beach! Happy Monday, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will never tire of seeing your yummy food pictures! I didn't realized that squash could be elongated like that!

    Will remember Raygen in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. We have sure enjoyed our fun foods and I appreciate the prayers for Raygen.

      Delete
  12. Lovely photographs you've shared.
    Your Fathers Day celebrations sound wonderful and I yes, there is nothing like fresh veggies ... they do taste good don't they.

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Just put up more squash today the in freezer.

      Delete
  13. Always lots of fun when your family gets together. I love those pretty anklets!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a happy post with your beautiful family. Gratitude rocks!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at those veggies! And, y'all will definitely be "stylin'" while at the beach. I'll look forward to reading about all the fun you have. Always a joy to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much love in your family! I pray your grand daughter is blessed with her missions trip. I love seeing your food pictures. I love seafood! I am sure the lipstick is yours. I will take the turtle bracelet. It remind me of swimming with the turtles in Hawaii! What beach will you be going to. We hope to go to the beach on Tuesday. I like to craft while on the beach. Enjoy the sights and sounds. Our waters are too cold for me. I just added pictures to my blog, one is a beach picture. Tell me how your squash dish turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. Raygen is home safe and sound and she experienced many good and wonderful things. She said she was so glad that she went and will go again on another mission trip.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget