Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Enjoying The Simple Life}

Good afternoon on this NO RAINY Sunday. Day two without any rain for us and though I am sure I will be praying for rain again, I am glad to see it slack off a little around Conner's Pond. Which, is overflowing. Marty and I enjoyed a day date on Friday which was so very nice. He took off Friday for a dermatologist appointment which was not any fun for him but we did have a wonderful outing. We enjoyed a late lunch and done a little shopping. 


YES girls, those bandages you see on my man are truly pink! Hey, he is color blind so he didn't know what color they were. When I told him the color the country boy about had a stroke! But, I told him that real men wear pink! LOL! He finally said, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do". 


We dined at this quaint place called European Café. 


They were playing some of our favorite oldies and this song came to mind as we dined in this charming atmosphere. 


Daughter # 2 and I had a lovely day on Saturday with our youngest grandgirl. Melissa called me earlier and asked if I would like to do a little shopping with her and Kyleigh and have lunch. WELL OF COURSE I DID! 




Marion Street Bistro in located in the older part of Lake City Florida where so many buildings are old and authentic. We sat on the patio and the food was delicious. 

These stuffed oysters was total goodness and I only ate one as I knew I would not eat lunch if I had more than that. But, my little 10 year old grandgirl loved them. 


I had the salmon healthy bowl and y'all it was so good. Packed with quinoa, sautéed spinach, roasted cubed potatoes, white beets, seared salmon and topped with a soy-mustard vinaigrette. I think I just may have to try and duplicate that recipe for a little "Fun food" by Conner's pond one Friday night. 

Melissa and I had such a great day. 


Grandgirl was sporting her new glasses and had some money saved for shopping. Needless to say she was wanting to GET THROUGH with the lunch because that money was burning a whole in her pocket. 


We finished our day with Starbucks. 

There is nothing like spending time with those you love the most. I could get used to these day dates! LOL! 


On a funny note one of my daughters sent this meme in a group text and stated, "This y'all, so our mama". YES it is! LOL! YEP, this good old Southern Baptist can throw down if necessary. 


In closing today I want to share this that a friend of mine shared on her FB page. I found it so very true and a little convicting to say the least. I hope that it speaks to your heart as it did mine. 

I hope that you all have a great week and stay healthy. So many, especially younger people in my community are being hit with Delta. It seems God is surely keeping our prayer life out front and center. Lifting you all up to our Lord for a good health, wisdom and discernment. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Always stay humble and kind....



Comments

  1. Sweet pictures of your lovely day. And good words of wisdom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love luncheon dates with my man even if it includes a doctor's appointment! You and your family look great, Cindy. Have a delightful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet lady. Yep, even if it's a doctor appointment, an outing with my man is always good.

      Delete
  3. Hi Cindy, I enjoyed my visit here tonight! Love your hairstyle! Looks a bit different but great! I have a 10 year old grand daughter that loves to go shopping. I took the 12 year old out Friday so she could spend her birthday money. We sure need some rain over here. We are use to dry weather, but not humid. I like the saying you shared. Praying as the Delta is spreading all over. Lord heal our land in many ways! Enjoy your week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. My hair is so thick and course and I am overdue for a hair cut and thinning to be honest! Yep, she spent that birthday money. Even bought her Nana a little gift. LOL!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful time being out and about with your family! I’m praying Marty’s procedure has a positive outcome. At least you two had a good time eating out! Shopping with your girls is always fun and I know your granddaughter bought some great items for school. It’s hard to believe school will be starting soon! I’m worried there will lots of little ones who will be sick as so many here are still unvaccinated. I’m praying for all of them, especially our Jack and our other young family members. This virus is not through with us yet. 😔
    Wishing you a wonderful week, lovely Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zenda. The school year here has already begun. Praying for so many right now. Stay safe and have a great week.

      Delete
  5. Simple pleasures are the best! Love the battery words!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, Cindy! Kyleigh looks cute in her new glasses. That salmon bowl -- looks absolutely wonderful!!! I love dishes like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely time with your husband and family. I saw the Angry Orchard umbrellas at the rest. I met the owners of said place, grin. ANYWAYS, I know...getting off on another subject, sigh...have a beautiful week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. We did have a nice luncheon there and the atmosphere was great.

      Delete
  8. Cindy, I know when I visit with you there will be family, food, and fun! You never disappoint (lol). You look wonderful my friend. I hope hubby does well with those bandages. Happy week and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! ! Yep, gonna be some food somewhere and my tribe keeps me busy! He is doing great but finally took off the pink bandages. LOL!

      Delete
  9. Such a beautiful family you have. Your girls are so pretty. Wow...looks as if you and daughter #2 had a great day and food. Yep, we got a good rain last yesterday. I had the back door open for the cats to come and go on the deck, I laid on the couch and listened to the rain hitting the tin roof of the deck....I was having no issues sleeping but that did make it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Oh the sound of rain on a tin roof. I love it! When we had to re-do our roof we went with a metal roof and I love it!

      Delete
  10. What a fun day. Family time is always the best especially when it has shopping, Starbucks and good food. Have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. A date with your hubby is always a wonderful thing, and outings with your your daughter and granddaughter, even extra fun! Isn’t that great wisdom in comparing batteries to people’s needs?!! I love that. Blessings to you, sweet Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the comparison too Kitty. Makes one think doesn't it?

      Delete
  12. Once again, your tasty seafood is making my mouth water!

    I've always found the "pink is for girls; blue is for boys" tradition silly. Who cares as long as the colour looks good on the person!

    I love the top that you're wearing in the last pic. It has strong fall vibes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. I love that top because it's flowing and comfy. We love seafood too.

      Delete
  13. Well, what's not to like about two fun days in a row. You and your daughter are soooo cute! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, what a sweet post! Your day date looks wonderful and also your day with your daughter and grand-daughter. Such happy times! God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, Cindy. Love seeing your family outings.
    Your wisdom is helpful and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. after all our isolation, eating out is more of a joyful treat than ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is even though we are still being so very careful. But it was surely nice.

      Delete
  17. Cindy,
    Love hearing about your days out and seeing the pictures....I love your hair cut!! Is it easy to keep styled and how often do you have to have it cut if you do not mind saying? I am looking for something a bit different!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! We are getting pelted by rain from Feed right now.... And more rain coming on the weekend!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I get it cut at least once every 6 weeks but probably need to every 4. My hair is thick and course and grows fast. I have to keep it thinned out some. But yes, my hair is easy to style. Thank the Lord . I don't have a whole lot that's good...but at least I have good hair! LOL!

      Delete
  18. Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful photographs.
    I so agree "There is nothing like spending time with those you love the most. "

    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th