Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Entertainment In The Country}

 Well, I hope you all are doing well on this hot Sunday afternoon. I keep thinking a cool breeze will drift by but so far that hasn't happen. But, a little heat doesn't stop us around Conner's Pond from having some fun in the country with some of the grands. 

In the country you make all kinds of entertainment happen. From coloring, painting, dancing and just being cute!


Putting on makeup is always a hit with our littles. 


Sleeping in Nana's lap and then a pan cake and sausage breakfast with SPRINKLES is always good. 


Swinging with popsicles, 4-wheeler riding with papa and fishing is a MUST around Conner's Pond. But...finding a leaf bigger than your face is the most fun!


Working in the garden planting sunflower seeds was the cutest thing to watch those girls do. Not sure which one was most fun for them. Poking holes in the dirt or trying real hard not to eat the sunflower seeds! LOL!


Pear picking and catching minnows was on their list of fun things to do. Of course then they pretended to be asleep because they said they were tired! Well, I assure you that it should have been ME laying on that 4 wheeler and I might not have been pretending that I was asleep!!!


They did have some fun with Nana working out. They taught me quite a bit matter of fact. They have way more energy than I have I can assure you. 


These three will make sleep a whole lot easier tonight but, I wouldn't trade the memories we make for anything. You know it's funny though. We entertain our grandchildren with things we have on hand. We look for ways to teach them about God, country, planting, fishing, nature, enjoying God's beauty that surrounds us, and how to be caretakers of what God has entrusted to us. And.....IT ONLY COST US OUR TIME AND TIME THAT WAS WELL SPENT. 

May you enjoy the moments in life that God gives you this brand new week and pray for those in harms way with this horrific storm, those who are fighting for their lives in some way or another, and be sure to give God the praise that He so deserves. 


Hugs and blessings, Cindy



Comments

  1. Happy Sunday to you :)
    What a fabulous and fun filled post.
    Lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, as usual I love all your pictures. They come out so bright and clear. I need to start using a camera again. I agree, our time with the grands and making memories is so important. Mine are all back in school not so it is hard to get them all together. I just love your backyard. I have always lived in the city, but I am a country girl at heart. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we would have fun visiting in my back yard Susan. The kids enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. You have the most fun with your grands!! Yes, they surely do have more energy than we do. Have a wonderful ( restful) week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL, I wish I had just a tad of the energy they have!!!

      Delete
  4. Another very cheerful post at a time when it is sorely needed by all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. We all surely do need a little cheer in life.

      Delete
  5. ok that's it, I must be adopted into the Connor family (lol). I hope you have a beautiful Monday my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cindy how fun this weekend was for your sweet grands. I had my two for the weekend and I have to tell you they have more energy than me too!!!! We had 4 dogs, a bunny and two girls full of energy. I will need a nap today! I love those times like you do with our families. Nothing better than this time together to have joy and fun. Have a great new week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL, I wish I had just a tad of their energy. I figure those grands will keep us young at heart and wore out in body! Ha!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a blast but I will tell you I would not have made it half a day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, this post warms my heart. Kids truly are so easy to entertain with a little imagination. You are soooo cute in your black leotard!!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Lea. Yes, the younger kids are especially easy to entertain.

      Delete
  9. What great fun! Who needs camp when you have Nana's country pond?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious post, Cindy. I am smiling big looking at all of these fun pictures of your grands. They are all just so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're making so many great memories with those grands! Look at you in your yoga poses! Looking great! Setting such a good example for them in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really do have the BEST fun! I was always surrounded by boys and playing basketball and hiked the football for them. lol Love seeing the fun you have with these girls! Not all fun either...work too! And exercise! Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gals will keep one busy! But, they are well rounded girls. They love the makeup and dress-up and they love the fishing and minnow catching. LOL!

      Delete
  13. Awww such fun times at Conner’s Pond, Cindy! You sure provide such a happy time for those sweet ones of yours. I know what you mean about getting a good sleep after they leave! I wish I could come to Conner’s Pond. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Kitty, we could sit by the pond and have tea! I would love that.

      Delete
  14. You bring so much joy and happiness to this world, sweet friend. Coming to your blog is like stepping into a breath of fresh air. May God continually bless you and your dear family and keep all of you safe and healthy always. Sending hugs and love to you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Cheryl. I hope you have a most wonderful day.

      Delete
  15. So darn cute. You go nana. Your grands are darling. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cindy,
    I so love seeing pictures of you and your beautiful family!! What a fun post, filled with love of family!! Thanks for sharing and thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What adorable grandkids...and oh the fun! I miss my (now teenage) grands being little. We had so much fun painting, crafting, playing games, etc. Of course, it's also fun to watch all the activities they are in nowadays. One will be graduating this year and I'm not sure my heart is ready for that. So sorry I haven't commented recently. I don't know what's been going on with me. Some of it is having been busy but some also just tired of all going on in the world right now. Thanks for reminding me I need to think of the good things and give God the praise for all of them. Please come back and visit my blog. I've finally posted a couple new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest grand graduates in 2022. Just can't believe it either! I will be by to visit with you soon for sure. I have thought about several times recently. Maybe that was God prompting me to pray for you. So, tonight I shall dear Cheri.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th