Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Happenings Around Conner's Pond}

 

Good afternoon everyone. I do hope that your Sunday has been wonderful to you. My family has left to go home after our weekly Sunday dinner together so I am relaxing a little. Wanted to share this picture with you. My oldest daughter Kristy and her husband Jered just celebrated their 24th wedding anniversary.  I just can't believe she has been married that long. They stayed at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando Fla and had the best time. So much to do there and you never have to leave the resort. 

The Lord has surely blessed this sweet couple.
 
I forgot to take a picture of our "fun food" by the pond from Friday...YEP, I know, y'all are disappointed! LOL!!! But, I did snap a picture of my little "Surprise sandwich" I had for lunch yesterday. I called it a surprise because I just put on it whatever I had handy in the frig. It was yummy too.

Bow season begins in Georgia in September which our hunting spot is about a 3 hour drive from home so not too bad. I done a little target practicing. My old bow is still dead on. I keep saying I am going to buy me a smaller bow but haven't done so yet. 

Marty, his dad and one of our soninlove's made a trip to check our trail camera's. He sent me this picture and said, "look at what was at your feeder"! Oh did that ever get me pumped up a little! LOL! 


So, I found this cute little pantsuit with pockets. I love pockets. It almost looks like a dress but isn't. I fell in love with it once I tried it on. I found the pantsuit at Cato's in which I rarely find anything there dressy that I like. I find cute little tops sometimes and of course jewelry. It was on the clearance rack y'all for $14. I snatched it up so quick. I found the shawl at Bealls outlet for $7. I would say I got a deal on the whole outfit. What I like about the shawl covering is I can wear it with other things too. 


Yes, I do love me some pockets! I found myself though putting a Kleenex in my pocket. Then I got tickled at myself because my granny never went anywhere without a Kleenex in her pocket! 


My sister passes this church going to work daily and she often snaps a picture of their marquee signs for me. I loved the sayings and so very true are these words.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week. Mine is pretty busy so my calendar tells me. Praise the Lord for calendar's huh? But, I plan to take each day with extending a little grace to myself. We all need a little dose of grace in life don't we? In closing I would like to share this meme. So very true!

So, let's make another person feel good this week y'all. I pray to be an extension of kindness to another this week in some way or another. How about you? 

Hugs and blessings to you all. Cindy
 





Comments

  1. I like all the pictures of lovely you in front of your fireplace. That outfit was such a great find and so inexpensive too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet GM. YEP, Loved the price for sure. My kind of deal.

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking of doing a post to thank a few people for some kindnesses...it is nice when people make you feel good. I hope I can do better every day. LOVE your new outfit. I like pockets too and now I hardly ever carry a purse so it's nice to have a place for my phone! Love the photo of your daughter and her husband. What a blessing to have a happy marriage! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love pockets too. Yes, I hope to make others feel special too.

      Delete
  3. Grin...you are a girl after my heart (bow hunting and hunting), grin...we were just discussing things today; and I will leave you with this thought; There are no political solutions to spiritual war. Then the kid (whose not a kid anymore) piped up, "I wonder with all the folks in the WORLD and not in the WORD will hear the trumpets sound?" Sadly...I pretty much think those who are saved will and the others won't.

    P.S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to your daughter and her husband. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ready to do a little hunting for sure! Wish you could go with me. Smart boy you got there Linda. Oh, that trumpet gonna sound......get ready! Hugs to you.

      Delete
  4. This quote by Maya Angelou is often on my mind. It is so true. May we all remember it as we relate to every person that comes to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good quote to truly remember and practice for sure.

      Delete
  5. Don’t you look so cute in that outfit??!! I love it and such a bargain too. Happy 24th Anniversary to your daughter and SIL. 💕 Lived those sayings on the marquee at the church that your sister passes. Yes, we all need some grace and to share kindness. 😊🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kindness and being grateful each day is a winner in my book. Happy Anniversary to your sweet daughter and SIL. The sayings are on the marquee are great. Love that cute pantsuit on you. Fourteen dollars OMG makes it even cuter lol! Have a great new week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. I love those signs too and that pantsuit with pockets. Yes, I am loving to be able to stick things in those pockets. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Love, love, love those dresses....not so much the hunting gear! lol...Although I have a niece, 34, married and two kids that hunts. No issues doing field dressing or anything. I think that rocks, I just don't wish to be one of those women. I cried like crazy the other day to find Maybelline, pig, at the barn dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Pam! I was raised in hunting and all that goes along with it. Lo9ve those little dresses/pantsuits too. So comfy.

      Delete
  8. That pant suit is so cute on you. It does look like a dress. Pockets are the best! That resort where your daughter stayed looks amazing. Happy Anniversary!
    I know the calendar is saying I'm busy too but I can't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, gotta have my calendar! If not...I will forget what to do tomorrow. LOL! They have stayed at this place several times and never leave the resort. So much to do there and they love it.

      Delete
  9. What a great score on the outfit! You look fabulous! I'm always thrilled when I find a dress with pockets.

    I love how pansuits look on other people, but I think I'm too short (5'3") to pull it off???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. Girl, I might be 5'1 ! The older I get the more I shrink! LOL!

      Delete
  10. You get cuter with each year, girlfriend. I love all the gifts the good Lord placed in you, but I have to say next to your gift of creative photography, it's .....shopping, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy, you look so cute modeling your new clothes! The Hyatt Regency looks fabulous. Happy anniversary to Kristy and Jered. Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, love your new outfit! I stop in Catos now and then and usually find some new trendy outfit and I love their jewelry, too. Maybe I’ll stop in this week!! Congratulations on your daughter and SIL’s anniversary! They sure are blessed! I enjoy reading clever church marquees, too, and these made me chuckle. Wishing you a wonderful week, dear lady! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zenda. We have a small catos in my town so I try to stop in once every few weeks.

      Delete
  13. Wow! That buck sure is beauty! I am amazed that you are able to pull that bow and actually hit the target! You are an amazing woman! Love the outfit...what a great find! And the shawl is very pretty indeed. Happy Anniversary to your "kids". Those years just seem to fly by, don't they? Hard to believe we will be celebrating our 52nd anniversary later this month. I can't even believe I am older than 52! LOL. Love the church signs...those are great. Always love to see what's "cooking" over around "Conner's pond". Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 52 YEARS! WOW! We have 44 coming up in September. My times waits on no one.

      Delete
  14. Congrats to your daughter and SIL. And, you look too cute in your pantsuit and kimona. Pink is a great color for you. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Cindy! You are so beautiful - both inside and out! I love your new outfit! It is so classicly you!! Just adorable. And, I know you are looking forward to your hunting adventures. I hope you get a big buck. It is always such a bright spot to come visit you here - you are such a dear blessing to me and to so many others. I pray God will return those blessings back to you today! Sending much love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great in that outfit, what a good find :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget