Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Pumpkin Spice and All Things Nice}


 Happy Sunday afternoon everyone. I hope that you all have had a wonderful week and weekend. We sure have and a busy one with family. But, it's the life that I love. I have been wanting to decorate a little for Fall but it's been so hard with the temps being so high. And, even when the temps drop a little the humidity is horrible. Praise the LORD for AC! I am READY for a little Fall so finally got my dining table decorated at least.

I wanted simple for my table and I wanted to incorporate my little truck. Y'all know I love me some little trucks. 


I found these cuties at Hobby Lobby and loved them. Of course that 40% off surely made it an easy decision to purchase them. 


It's just not FALL to me without  some "orange" but I wanted  a little something different this year and I wanted to incorporate some orange. I already had the black and white chargers, black flatware, white plates and well, almost everything else to be honest. So grabbed a black and white cutting board from Hobby Lobby and decided to incorporate some orange. Simple, but I like it. NOW only to face the heat again to make a trip out to my little She-shed to gather up more decor......



(Web image)

I say...bring on the FALL Y'ALL. 


My favorite grandson plays football for our Varsity and Middle School team. Of course that means for Varsity more than likely he will only be put into a game if needed. He's a 10th grader. However, his first Varsity game was Friday night and he got to play the 2nd half of game and made some awesome tackles. His first game for JV will be this Thursday so cheer him on please. 


Needless to say, my Conner is no longer my little grandson. 


We had the opportunity over the weekend to go watch our middle daughter do her thing. She enjoys Cross Fit and stays very active. She hasn't participated in a competition since her years of being a cheerleader in Middle and High school. We were so very proud of what she and her team accomplished. Had me blowing like a mule just watching her. LOL! We enjoy watching our grown children as well as our grandchildren do the things they enjoy and love. A mama never quits being a cheerleader. 💗💗💗


The baby girl, Marti Leigh, named after her daddy, Marty and my great-grandmother, Dolly Lee...(we chose to spell her middle name different) turns 35 on Aug. 27th. So, our family celebrated her today so next weekend she can venture away for a weekend with her husband for her special day. 




She wanted Hibachi style food for her birthday lunch so I had everything washed, cut up and bagged up. Just bring on the yum yum sauce. 
I am still in shock that our baby will be 35! DANG her daddy is getting old! 

Of course she wanted one of her mama's homemade cakes with homemade icing and she got it.  It was all so yummy!

We had a wonderful time celebrating my baby. 

I hope that you all have a healthy, joy-filled week. I am looking forward to some "pumpkin spice" coffee and pumpkin spice tea this week.  YUM! 
(Web image)

Hugs and blessings, Cindy

P.S. Remember to count your blessings this week. #thankful#blessed



Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, I think I am ready for some cooler fall weather. I love your table with just a wee bit of orange, it looks perfect for my favorite season. I always enjoy your family pics. Happy birthday Marti Leigh!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I love your fall table! It’s still too hot here for me to change things out but I’ve been thinking about it. I need to start going through my stash to see what I’ll reuse and what I might need to get. Happy birthday to your daughter and congratulations to your grandson and middle daughter. Your life is so full and blessed! Happy week, dear friend! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy you are thinking fall and Thanksgiving! I do love your black and white table with pops of orange, and even if it's still summer outside you've created fall inside! So glad you're having lots of family fun, that's the best kind! My oldest grandson is almost as tall as I am, I guess it won't be long until I'm looking up at him as you do with yours! Great pics, lots of smiles...
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, slow as I am these days about getting things done I gotta start early or it don't happen! LOL!!! Have a good week friend.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your baby! My baby turned 37 in July, and my oldest will turn 47 in October. Crazy how that happens!! Your cake looked like a professional made it but I know the taste was so much better. I love seeing pics of your happy family. Hugs, prayers and blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. These kids of ours are truly aging! LOL! Hugs to you dear lady.

      Delete
  5. LOL Cindy. Your post made me smile, laugh and just feel good this morning. My baby girl just turned 34 this year. Yikes like you said their dads are getting so old!!!! You make the yummiest foods. The cake looks so good. We are a sprinkle family and any birthday cakes here have to have tons of sprinkles. A birthday without sprinkles...oh let's not even go there!! I am a summer girl but I have to say I am looking forward to fall. Here in the midwest we have the nicest summers usually. Not this year. It has been Florida hot and humid all summer long! The fall coolness will be welcomed. Enjoy that beautiful family and Happy Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do hope your girl had a wonderful birthday. Oh...girl, it's been some summer hasn't it? YES, those girls daddies are aging! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking Fall decorations!! I'm done with summer.
    Happy birthday to your daughter. Love the photo of you and your three girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I am with ya GM. I need some cooler weather. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. Yes, and my baby turned 42 in July. So, hang on my dear!!!! Always love hearing about you and your family fun. Blessings abundant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was admiring your elegant pumpkin-themed tablescale on IG!

    This summer, I've picked up some super cute pumpkin decor at the dollar stores, but I'm waiting until Sept 1 to display them. LOL.

    I've also started stocking up on my pumpkin teas. Pumpkin season has officially started, according to DavidsTea. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dollar stores has some of the cutest fall stuff too. I had a pumpkin spice tea yesterday and it hit the spot.

      Delete
  9. Those are beautiful table place settings, Cindy! I like the black and orange against the backdrop of pure white. Very stunning!

    Another Happy Birthday in you family! Love the look of that cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love black and white and that hint of orange made it too me. The cake was a hit for sure. Grandbabies loved it.

      Delete
  10. What fun! I love your dishes/table setting. So cute and fun, like YOU! And your grandson sure is a cutie. I bet the girls are fighting over him already! LOL. And Happy birthday to your 'baby". Gee, she really is a "baby". Oh to be 35 again! LOL. My baby is 44. And my oldest baby will be 50 this weekend! I can't believe that! I'm not even that old yet. LOL.
    Wonderful pictures and happy family times. You are blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm ready for fall but I hate to see summer go! Your tablescape is right up my alley with all of that buffalo check and of course little trucks too! Happy Birthday to your baby! That is exciting about your grandson playing football!! Way to go on the cross fit competition for your daughter !You are busy and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could live at the beach all summer it would suit me. LOL! But, I am surely ready for this hot and humid weather to be gone friend. I plan to go see favorite grandson play Thursday night and yes, our #2 girl really done well.

      Delete
  12. Amen to air conditioning, friend!

    And for every family gathering we get to enjoy, my heart overflows with gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy,
    LOVE the sweet tablescape so much so that i will be sharing it on FB, if you do not mind!!
    Happy Birthday to your daughter !! The 27th would have been my Mother's 103rd Birthday! as always, I loved seeing pics of your beautiful family and hearing what you all have been up too!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am with you, I have Oct and fall on the brain. I have been making some pumpkin thingys and I am so ready to put things out. I love walking in the stores and seeing all the fall decor. Your family and girls are just so pretty. Nice looking family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I am really wanting to finish up my little bit of Fall decor that I plan to do but no time to do it and then when I have a free minute I am dreading the heat and humidity.

      Delete
  15. My goodness, that birthday celebration for Marti is top notch. I always enjoy seeing you with your daughters; pretty as a picture as the saying goes. We've had scorching heat this week and my roses started blooming again! Fall seems distant! But plaid if fall to me and I'm seeing more and more black/white plaid this year. I like the white pumpkins, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the black and white plaid but I still gotta have some orange! LOL!

      Delete
  16. As birthdays come around I too am often left wondering, where did those years go!
    Family times are such fun times and it's so nice to spend time together creating more wonderful memories.

    Here in the UK our temperatures are getting a little cooler, Autumn (Fall) is just around the corner :)

    Enjoy the last days of August.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th