Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Fall Please Come To Florida}

Well I am LATE in making a post this week!  Marty and I took three days off to do a little bow hunting in those old Georgia Pines.

Camo, lipstick and earrings is a must for this huntress! LOL! A girl still gotta look like a girl...even when hunting right? 

We had a good time. I actually had a nice breeze in my tree stand. Though no harvest was bagged we just enjoyed being away. Some of the sweetest times for me with the Lord is while I am sitting in a tree stand. 

Had the two youngest grandgirls for a couple of days and of course we had a tea party!

And sprinkles...we have sprinkles on EVERYTHING




I've really enjoyed making coffees, shakes and loaded teas. Dang, I am getting pretty good at this! LOL! Everything I have made has been healthy, low in calories. Well, maybe I did add a whip or two of whipped cream and chocolate syrup! 


Y'all, I won all these books! I was so surprised to get an email from my friend Cheryl at 

http://www.homespundevotions.com/

telling me I had won! Looks like I've a little reading too do. 


I found this cute little truck while doing a little shopping. I just love it!


Got out a little more Fall but sure wishing some FALL would FALL on us Florida folks!
 
Done a little baking and gift giving this week. I love to bake and give my goodies as gifts. Of course Marty is happy because I always make enough for him. 🥰

I truly do love to give to others. Every Sunday for as long as I can remember I have prayed that the Lord would show me someone that I could be a blessing too through the week. You know? It can be something as simple as a phone call or text to simply let that person know that you are thinking about them. Maybe a card would be nice with a handwritten note. Some baked goodies or even a plate of your leftovers from supper is a nice gesture of thoughtfulness. Some of you call it dinner....we call it supper at my house. Really the act of giving to others doesn't have to cost you that much. I've often found that a mere smile was enough. We can never out give God when we are giving to others from our hearts. 
 
Speaking of heart....I have to show you this adorable picture of my grandgirl with her little hand over her heart while we were saying the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag at a football game recently. Talk about melting a Nana's heart....
Web image
 
I hope that you all have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend. I will see you all in about two weeks. Marty and I will be headed to the mountains in North Ga for our 44th wedding anniversary which is next week. Pray for a safe and fun trip if you think about us. 
 
 


Yep, we were high school sweet hearts. Just two youngins not having a clue about life. I was 18 and Marty 19 when we married. Two years later the babies started coming. Here we are now...parents of three daughters, and grandparents to six grands. Who would have THUNK it! I am so thankful that God chose Marty and I to do life together. With God all things are possible.....We are truly blessed.
See ya in a few weeks with lots of pictures.
Web image

Hugs and blessings, Cindy




 
 

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your time in the mountains. I love the photos of you and Marty, y’all are a precious couple. You are the cutest deer hunter in lipstick, jewelry, and camo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! I absolutely loved all the pictures of you as a couple, especially the wedding pics. What a sweet young couple!! Of course you're still sweet and I love how you set out to bless others throughout the week.
    I love your Fall decorations and if I could I'd send you cool temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GM. I am hoping we will get a little cooler temps when we go to the mountains.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!!! You were the same age as we were when you got married. Aug. 1974! Have a great time!!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerry and the boys are gearing up for hunting season, too. J and A are planning a trip to CO with some of A’s college buds and their dads. They should have a good time whether they harvest any elk or not. Our deer season in MO just started but it’s “too hot” for J to hunt yet. Ha!

    Your tea parties make me smile! Little Jack still loves to make “tea” for me in his momma’s old kitchen set. It’s so special!

    44 years!!! Yes, you two are truly blessed! Happy anniversary, have a wonderful and safe trip! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a little tea party for sure. YES, it's still hot right now. Praise the Lord where I was sitting in a stand that I had a breeze. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary Cindy! I hope you have a wonderful trip! I love your Fall decor, especially the new truck you found! Maybe the temps will drop by the time you get back~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary. Glad you had a great trip. Have a great rest of the week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary. Enjoy your trip! All the treats look so yummy. I'm ready for fall to be here too! Your decorations are looking so festive already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly blessed and Happy Anniversary to you!! I loved seeing your sweet pictures. Rich and I were high school sweethearts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Happy Wedding Anniversary! Such great pictures from then and now! You really were kids when you married and how the Lord has blessed you all through the years!! Enjoy your trip away!

    Once again, you have made me HUNGRY with the foodie pics you've posted. Your autumn decor is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loved all the pictures of you two!! Happy, Happy Anniversary. Your blog is always so pretty, I love visiting. Sending you a ((hug)) across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post, Cindy, with all the lovely fall decorations. We're still in the 90's here but the nights are getting cool! Your daughter is a hoot tagging you on Facebook about the goodies you sent to her office. Happy Anniversary to you and Marty! What a beautiful testimony you two share; I enjoyed the photos through the years! You are right about reaching out to people. It doesn't take much to show love and so worth it. I called an old friend last weekend and she thanked me three times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely post.
    My good wishes on your 44th wedding anniversary.
    Enjoy your time away.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, Cindy! You and Marty are just an adorable couple! I loved seeing the older pictures of you two and how the Lord has blessed you all these years. Love and appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary!! So happy for you both! Just youngins for sure! Although I was only 18 when we got married, but turned 19 in a few weeks. Hubby was 21. An older man. LOL. 52 years and counting. I hope you are having a wonderful time in the mountains!! And that hunting trip looks like so much fun. And to have the grandgirls over for tea parties, etc....wow, you are so blessed! So happy for you to have this time together. Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are having a great time. Weather is wonderful on top of this mountain.

      Delete
  15. Ah ... you make life so fun, friend! Your smile makes me smile. Your energy is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cindy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! Loved seeing your fall goodies and those baked goods look yummy...Congrats on your Anniversary and enjoy your time up in the Mountains...We are finally getting some cooler weather here and i am loving it!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. We are enjoying the mountains. Actually had a little fire in the fireplace last night.

      Delete
  17. I forgot to mention the books you won, written by our own blogging friend Martha Jane Orlando! I have that set of books, and I LOVED them all! Your young girls will enjoy them too. Maybe you can have a reading time together with them! The stories and characters are great for all ages!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam. I brought three of Martha's book (In a series) with me. On the 2nd one. Loving her little books. I want to share with my grands for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget