Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Good Times With Family}

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Our family surely enjoyed our day with extended family. We always have MORE than you could imagine to eat and such a great time together. 


Granddaughter Mallory turned 14 on Nov. 23rd so we celebrated her a few days before Thanksgiving with cake and ice cream.


She had a great birthday. She went to see The Christmas Carol at the Alhambra Dinner Theatre and loved it.

 

We snapped a few pictures on Thanksgiving day and as always, I am so proud of my family. 

I did take a little time for "tea time" and whipped up a pineapple, mango, and cinnamon spice loaded tea. YUM!

We loaded up Thanksgiving afternoon and went with the guys to our hunting grounds and done a little hunting, eating out and shopping. My oldest daughter didn't go as my grandson had a football game. Which, she doesn't hunt either but hates being left out so....

She cloned herself in our picture. LOL!


Aren't these shoes the cutest? I found these at TJ Maxx and of course the colors are my fav. 


My middle daughter gifted me a cute package of Skinny Syrups which I love! 


And....I gifted myself some new holiday spice tea. Which, I have some steeping while I blog. 


There is a little nip in the air so thinking a nice cozy fire is in the makings on this Sunday afternoon. Will be perfect with my holiday spice tea don't ya think? 

December is right around the corner and I am praying to have a most JOYOUS Christmas holiday. I never tire of the sights, sounds and smells of Christmas. Praying that you all have a wonderful week and that you are gearing up for a little Christmas JOY too. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy






 


 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Mallory's cake! Wow! I could fall face-first into all that frosting and be very happy!

    Cloning a person into a photo. I have a story about that. A person I know very well had a son's girlfriend included in a family photo. Later, the couple broke up. So the person I know very well removed the former girlfriend out of the picture and in her place put the family dog!! It was a real work of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved her cake. That is too funny about the cloning Barbara. I've learned over the years when making family pictures you are better off to do several. A few with the boy/girl friend and several without!!! P.S. Thanks for your help too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

      Delete
  3. Wonderful family times...beautiful family pictures, even the cloned one! Very clever! That birthday cake is amazing!!!! Wow! Did you make that? So pretty!! Your shoes are adorable, and your home looks comfy and cozy and ready for Christmas and winter time fun. Yes, some spiced tea and a fire sounds pretty nice to me too! You are very clever with your decorations and it always looks SO pretty! Thank you for sharing with us!! Happy Advent season leading to Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. Mallory gave me her cake request so I made her cake for her. Not a pro by any means but for the grandbabies I will sure try to add a special touch. The tea was good! I actually made another cup and saved it to make myself a coffee/tea drink with Caramel pecan. YUM!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pictures. That close up one of you and your daughter's is just wonderful. Love those shoes! Happy Birthday to your grand daughter. My grandson just turned 14 on Nov. 10th. They sure do grow up way to fast! Oh and that cake was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. YES, those grands growing up on us for sure.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving week, and the family photos are fabulous! It's so nice you live so close to your girls and grands...on to December and Christmas!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. Yes, I am truly blessed to have my daughters and their families close by.

      Delete
  6. Cindy, what a sweet post of your beautiful family. Happy belated birthday to Mallory. I need to make a run to TJ Maxx to see if they have those darling shoes. Happy Monday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I have been wanting some Blowfish tennis shoes and in those colors. I was so delighted to find those at TJ Maxx.

      Delete
  7. You made that cake? WOW! Awesome! Wishing Mallory, a belated happy birthday. Wishing a beautiful week, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, if you come to see me I will make you one of those delicious cakes! LOL! Hope your week is wonderful.

      Delete
  8. Your Thanksgiving family photos are fabulous! I also salute your daughter's photoshop skills. HA!

    I'm loving the cute tin for your holiday tea (I'm a sucker for packaging).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. Girl.....I like packaging too! Sometimes I pay more money just because of the packaging! LOL!

      Delete
  9. I hope Mallory had a wonderful birthday. Her cake is certainly amazing!!! Love all your pictures of your family. And the new shoes? They look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GM. Mallory loved her cake and that made Nana happy. Wore my new shoes today. Love them.

      Delete
  10. You guys take the best pics together. Such a beautiful gang! The cake for Mallory looks so yummy. Glad you had a great time for Thanksgiving. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. We had a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday to beautiful Mallory! The cake is superb, Cindy! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Your family is such a blessing to you!
    Love your new shoes and that holiday tea! Happy week to you 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty. Girl, that tea is really good! I love spice though! Keeps life interesting. LOL!

      Delete
  12. It is always such a joy to come here and visit with you, sweet friend. It brightens my day. May God bless you and your family with the best of Christmas seasons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Cheryl. I am already enjoying the holidays. Girl, made cocoa bombs today! Can't wait to make more for my family.

      Delete
  13. Yes, I agree, always fun to see what you and your family have been up to. Such great pics! Happiest of holidays Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, Happy Birthday to Mallory! I always enjoy pictures of your beautiful family and look forward to more during this wonderful time of year. Hope your cookies turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a photogenic family. Cindy. I love the lipstick! Happy Birthday to Mallory. A beautiful family to celebrate the holidays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget