Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Oh The JOYS of Christmas}

 I hope that your Christmas was Merry and Bright. Our holiday time as family has been so wonderful. It's kind of like Marty said though last night before going to bed. "You plan and plan, decorate, wrap, bake, cook, prepare and everything in between and it's OVER, just like that". YES, what he said is so true but this year I've tried in the midst of all the business of CHRISTmas to SIMPLY enjoy and ENJOY I did. WARNING: Picture overload! 


What's not to enjoy when you God has given you six beautiful, healthy, wonderful grandchildren? They sure make EVERY occasion and holiday special for us. One of our grandchildren's gifts each year is matching PJ's. It's become a tradition that I truly love. I looked back just this morning over the years of pictures that we have been wearing matching pj's and I hope that it will be "one" of their fond memories of our Christmases together.  


My beautiful daughters! I am not sure what I ever done to deserve to be blessed with these three girls. But, I am so glad to be their mom.


We tried to do a selfie but it was blurry. However, there's a whole lot of love in this one picture. We are a very close family and y'all, I am so very thankful for that. 

Our six little hearts....


Before my tribe gets to my house I like to snap a picture of gifts under my tree as when they all arrive with their gifts for each other you can hardly walk in my living room. I can remember when my daughters were growing up I would wrap with whatever paper I could find or toss in gift bags. Over the years I have truly enjoyed wrapping my gifts in matching paper, bows, ribbons and bags to coordinate. I always buy ornaments for my grands and attach it to their gifts for their tree for the next Christmas. YES, the pretty paper is ripped and ribbons tossed (unless I can grab them up before the garbage bag gets them) but I do love doing that.


Isn't that the cutest? I saw this idea on Pinterest and YES I had to do it. The girls loved it. 



Red Hawaiian punch, pineapple juice and Sprite sure makes a good punch. 


Our oldest and youngest grand. This is one of my favorite snaps. 


Some years ago I started a new tradition with my family. Not only do we remember the Reason for the Season, Jesus, but we talk about the Fruit of the Spirit and what each fruit means. Each grand and daughter takes a fruit from the tree in which they have no clue what "word" is attached to the fruit. Whatever they randomly pick is their "WORD" their "FRUIT" that they must think about and/or work on pertaining to their life in the New Year. Even though the youngest grands don't grasp it yet it has truly proven to be a wonderful tradition. 


I did have a granddaughter baking day and even Papa got in on the fun. 





Such fun with these girls! 



We spend Christmas Eve with my FIL and have such a good time with extended family. We have Santa come each year and he brings all the kids a gift. We play games and eat, sing and oh my! We are a loud bunch but we AREN'T boring for sure! LOL!


I saw this cute idea using red peppercorns or red peppers and parsley to doll up deviled eggs and gave it a try. Not too shabby huh? However, let me tell you...it was a pain to do this with red peppers! I will use peppercorns next time. LOL!


I made a batch of pinwheels for appetizers and they sure hit the spot. I mean meat and cheese...how can you say no to that? 

Chocolate cake with buttercream icing will surely always be a winner with my crew. On Christmas eve this year we choose to go with fingerfoods and desserts. Since we do all the traditional foods for Thanksgiving my tribe decided for our Christmas evening meal that we would have fried porkchops and venison with all the fixing's this year. 
Nothing like frying outside in a big pot Y'all!


And since I always post so many girly pictures I do try to get my picture made with my favorite grandson.  I just can't believe almost all of my grands are taller than Nana! 


JOY, Yes, pure JOY the Lord has given us yet another CHRISTmas to be together. "The Joy of the Lord is our strength". Neh. 8:10

I hope that your Christmas was wonderful and that each one of you reflected on the Reason for the Season, Christ, our wonderful Savior and JOY of Christmas as we did. Thank you for letting me share my JOY with you all. I will leave you with this....


Oh the things that the grands teach Nana!

Hugs and blessings, Cindy 







Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, I sure enjoyed my visit! Your pictures always come out so bright and clear. Do you use a cell phone or camera? Maybe I need to get my camera back from my grand daughter. Or maybe I need a new cell phone! Well the main thing is being with family and having pictures. The pin wheels look so good! Have a great week Cindy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Girl, I have gotten lazy and use my cell but it makes pretty good pictures. YES, the main thing is being with your family. Don't know what I would do without them. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your joyful Christmas celebration. I also enjoyed reading about your family's festive traditions.

    That cake looks sooo good! Your food always make me hungry. LOL.

    Enjoy the last week of 2021!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I feel as though I have not stopped! It's a crazy wonderful life! Happy New Year Margie.

      Delete
  3. Thank you friend for the many smiles. Wishing you a belated Merry Christmas. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you Linda and think about you and Dave so much.

      Delete
  4. You all have so much fun and seeing your pictures always makes me smile! The verse from Galatians is my most favorite, and I pray for those Fruits of the Spirit every night. Thank you for sharing all your family with us. Blessings to you, dear Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a great time but I am surely tired by the time the holidays are over. Yes Kitty, I have to constantly pray about truly showing the fruit of the spirit in my life as the Lord would desire. There are several (FRUIT) I have to work on daily!!! Hugs to you friend.

      Delete
  5. Such a fun post! I saved your punch recipe and made note of your deviled eggs. Your decorations are superb but the best of all is the smiles on every single face. Thanks for sharing such joy and cheer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. Punch was very good. The girls and I loved using the plastic clear ornaments since it was so festive and perfect for Christmas.

      Delete
  6. I love seeing you and your beautiful family pics. So sweet and such good memories captured in pictures. Glad you had a great Christmas. Stay safe and let's pray for a better 2022. Happy New Year. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, praying for a wonderful New Year Kris. Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  7. I completely agree with dear Kitty above - your posts always make me smile, too. You warm my heart with your authenticity and close-knit family. Sending much love to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve love love your pictures and the fun you have with your beautiful family! Oh the wonderful memories you are making with each of your grandchildren!! So much fun and happiness and yes, JOY!!! Thank you for sharing your lovely family and home with us...and so many great ideas for Christmas fun! God bless you and all in the new year. Oh, that Fruit of the Spirit tree is a great idea!!! Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have enjoyed doing the Fruit of the Spirit for quite a few years now. It sure is a reminder of the fruit in our life that God gives to us the moment we accept Him as Lord. NOW....to work on several of those fruit is my intension. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. Oh, Cindy! You all just do Christmas so splendidly! What a fun tribe you have!
    So glad you had a wonderful season - and I wish you joy, good health and peace in the
    coming new year. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've brought so much joy and laughter to us all this year, friend!

    I can't wait to see what God has for us in the months ahead. Happy New Year to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Linda. I am looking forward to a brand new year in celebrating life.

      Delete
  11. What wonderful pictures once again. So nice that you had a granddaughters baking day and Papa joined in!! Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, papa came home early that day so he was able to join our fun.

      Delete
  12. Your Christmas looks wonderful spent with your beautiful family! Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful family Christmas! Beautiful photos and I love your Christmas pajama tradition! I must admit I have become a lazy wrapper, most things get tossed in gift bags...your gold packages with ornaments and burgundy ribbon are gorgeous! Happy Healthy New Year Cindy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna. Girl, I was tempted this year to go back to bag wrapping. LOL! Might need to do that next Christmas if I try to keep up with all the festivities. LOL!

      Delete
  14. What a beautiful family and it sure does look like the girls out number the boys for sure. HAHA...Looks like a great time was had by all. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Didn't you all have a wonderful Christmastime.
    Lovely seeing all of your photographs, smiling faces everywhere :)

    Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy 2022.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th