Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Happy New Year Everyone...2022}

 Happy New Year to all my blogging friends. What a gift the Lord has given to us to be able to go forward in this thing we call "life" in this New Year. I hope that you all have a wonderful New Year weekend. I spent a couple days with Marty and his dad in those wonderful Georgia pines. 


We had a great time. The weather wasn't the best...too hot and too windy but we enjoyed our time. 


I did a little clearance Christmas shopping, reading the Word and a whole lot of eating! 


Tried my hand with my new air fryer before we left to go hunting and the chicken and potatoes turned out perfect! I think I am really going to like it. I am pinning lots of recipes and hope to try some more out this week. 


As most of you my WORD for 2021 was JOY and my scripture was Neh. 8:11. "The joy of the Lord is my strength". When I felt that was the word for me little did I know that I would quickly learn that my true JOY could come ONLY come from Him. Let's face it! A lot of life circumstances does not bring us joy!

With the circumstances in life that we deal with and have surely dealt with the last two years our joy could be slapped off our face quick like!

 For me personally, we lost friends and family. Some due to Covid and some not. That itself taught me more about embracing my own life!

I had two eye surgeries that started out to be simple and turned into way more than I had expected and more complicated that the average cataract surgery. "But"...it taught me that my independent personality had to LEARN to depend on others and that my eye sight should never be taken for granite.

I had Covid and I took a HARD hit. I learned a lot during that time. I realized that for whatever reason that God chose to revive my health on earth from this UGLY virus though it took many months. He could have just as easily healed me in heaven but He chose to heal me on earth. I learned that life is very, very short. I learned that I should never take my health for granite and to love others well with actions as well as words.  

I had the shingles...Though I had a light case it proved to be very painful. I learned that being proactive is our best friend. I learned that we all deal with stress differently and to respect that about others. I learned that there's a lot in my life that I simply cannot control!

I gave my letter of retirement in September and my last day at my work will be January 13th. I hope to share more on this later but I will tell you this, GOD HAS BLESSED ME BEYOND MY BEYOND with my minstry/job for 22 1/2 years. This will be truly a bittersweet time for me. BUT...I have prayed for direction and guidance for over two years and I know that I know..."for such a time as this". 

Lots of changes have surely happened to all of us in 2021.  Life is ever changing isn't it? I am just thankful that I know the ONE that never changes. He has surely been my best friend.

But that brings me to my WORD and SCRIPTURE for 2022. 

I had been looking at some bible studies recently that had been gifted to me and was trying to pick out one to do at home on my own. I had several laying out on my desk in my home office and could not decide which one. I had also been praying about my 2022 WORD. All of sudden I just simply closed the books that I was looking at and got up from my desk to get some water to make me a cup of hot tea. I have a little set up for making tea and coffee in my home office and it sure brings me JOY! I walked back in the office and look over at this candle that a soul sister gave to me over a year ago and it says this:


I grabbed some blank pieces of paper and just began writing what came to me. Well, I carried all those pages I had dabbled on with me over the weekend to ponder on as I knew God was sharing a new Word with me, somehow...through the words on that candle. 

So, here's what came from that time of pondering:


 Not travel adventure per say but, well, here's what I finally wrote in my journal on Jan. 1, 2022 if you care to read my poor handwriting....





Life is an adventure but for me it's about a whole lot more. Y'all, I have no clue what tomorrow holds for me but I know the ONE that holds tomorrow and I truly desire to do this journey in life with Him and to be on a God given ADVENTURE no matter what that might be. I pray that each of you has a very Happy New Year and that 2022 brings us change that is GOOD for you and PLEASING to Him. 

Jeremiah 33:3...Call to me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things you did not know. 

I will leave you with a good chuckle...I tried to do a mirror selfie from the hotel over the weekend because my daughters wanted to see if my new jeans looked right on me!!! YES, I have those kind of girls! Well, I wished I had saved the first 10 pictures I made to show you before I finally got one decent one! I had my head chopped off in several, making the ugliest face in quite a few and I even snapped one of just my feet....NONE of the those was done on purpose....I am simply not a mirror selfie I don't guess! Ha! 

P.S. They did approve of the jeans though!!!

P.S.S. YES, I did decide which gifted study to do. I will share more on that later.

Hugs and blessings, Cindy





Comments

  1. Happy New Year Cindy!! Your mirror selfie came out really good. I think I have done one. I will need cataract surgery in the future too. I wrote about my word on my last blog post, but not sure. Another word has come to mind. Praying about it. I decided to read the Bible again this year in chronological order. Congratulations on your future retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t think of a better devotional word/phrase for the new year than “Adventures with Jesus!” I’m praying you have many blessings this year, growing and sharing! Please share some of these adventures with us. ❤️ Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Zenda. Happy New Year to you and your family.

      Delete
  3. Cindy, good morning! Last year was filled with challenges for you, but you have risen to the surface by His grace with a song to sing and a story to tell. You have blessed me this morning with your honesty and your positive focus.

    And yes, I absolutely hear you about the selfies. I think I've done 1 good one in my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victory in Jesus! That is the song in my heart dear Linda. I gotta practice on those mirror selfies more! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Those jeans look great on you and you got a great selfie! What a year it has been! Congratulations on retiring and starting lots of new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather Lou. I am going to practice those mirror selfies! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Cindy. You look fabulous in your new jeans in the mirror selfie! I did not know that you had shingles. God is so good to us and His mercies are new every morning. I can’t imagine attempting life without Him. I am so glad He healed you from Covid here on earth. Blessings and hugs ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness you had a challenging year with your health but you have come through it with such Grace. Now onto a better new year for 2022. Congrats on your retirement. New adventures await. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Cindy, I hope your 2022 Adventures bring you much peace and happiness!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure had a hard year in 2021 but with your wonderful attitude and great goals 2022 is bound to be much better. It sounds like changes are in the air so enjoy them!!
    Happy New Year to you and your lovely bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Cindy! Congrats on the upcoming retirement!

    Adventure is a great word for your 2022.

    I can relate to taking multiple photos/selfies before getting a decent shot. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Blessings to you,, Cindy! Thanks for sharing your journal with us and your word for 2022. You really did have an eventful 2021, but you sure came out of it and ready to start 2022. You look adorable in your jeans, and your girls are just the best. I know that you are so lucky to have them in your life. Now onto adventures in the new year. Love and hugs are sent to you....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you are going to enjoy retirement and will likely wonder how you ever had time to work. :o)) Always a joy to stop by and read about the happenings in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have went from 5 days a week to 4 days and then to 3 days of working. I look back now and wondered how I ever managed to work full time and do all that I had to do and some of what I wanted to do. I don't get bored so that won't be a problem for sure and I am quite sure my time will fill up quick. LOL!

      Delete
  12. Happy New Year Pretty Lady!
    So thankful that 2021 is behind us all and that you blossomed even more under our Sweet Lord's care.
    Your testimony to Him always makes my day.
    Blessings,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, what a wonderful ADVENTURE!!! I LOVE that word, and all that it conveys...and now that you are retiring...oh yes! You will be on a brand new adventure! I can't wait to see how the Lord is going to lead you in this new year and adventure! And the jeans are so cute and perfect for you! This was great...and I love all the thoughts you jotted down as you did your "adventure" research! I have a feeling God is about to do something great! Yes, life with Jesus is always an adventure!! Congratulations on your retirement!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I love your words on "I have a feeling". Counting on it! Hugs to you.

      Delete
  14. Congrats on the upcoming retirement!!!! Yay!

    Things you've learned over the past year: all very helpful. Thanks for including this in your post. The one about people deal with stress differently -- I am seeing that, too. Before Beloved's death, I didn't think about such things much. But now I understand I need to be careful to allow people to grieve as they are inclined, as they want to. We are not all the same (thankfully!!!) and need to give people the space to handle stress, grief, etc as they need (unless it's truly harmful, of course).

    Blessings and hugs to you, dear Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my goodness! That cracked me up about your girls wanting to see if your jeans fit you right! LOL! That is so funny! And, I LOVE what you wrote in your journal, sweet friend. I am right there with you. He has been calling me into a place of deeper surrender and release to just let Him do anything He wants to do and to just trust what He does and does not allow and to just lean into His perfect will without fighting Him and trying to squirm away - even when it is not in my comfort zone. There is SO much to what you wrote. It is so edifying and resonates in my spirit. I love and appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, with three girls, one never knows! LOL! Love you too Cheryl.

      Delete
  16. "021 certainly wasn't an easy year for you, but now here we are in 2022 and I send my good wishes for a happy and healthy one. Enjoy your retirement.

    I think your mirror selfie came out very well, you look good in those jeans.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cindy, I have missed reading your blog! I have been away from blogging altogether for several months...health issues, family issues, anxiety...you get the picture! Just lost my MOJO. I did just post though and hope you will come over to "chat." You really had quite a year too...I feel bad now for whining as much as I did about my own year!!!! So glad you now are well and things are looking up. Congrats on your upcoming retirement. If you are anything at all like me, it will be an adjustment...it definitely was for me when I left the classroom after 31 1/2 years. But then God blessed me with another wonderful (part time) job in education for 9 more years. When I finally retired altogether, it really came as a jolt. I loved my job and still miss it today. But sounds like you are headed for some new and wonderful ADVENTURES!!! That was my word for 2021...didn't go quite as planned!!! You can read about my new word on my blog (if you care to visit). I wish for you and yours a beautiful and blessed 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by to visit Cheri. Wished we lived closer. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  18. What an adventure life is with the Lord! That is so true, and I loved reading your handwritten thoughts about the adventures of walking with the Lord! Very powerful dear friend... your years of ministry are not over, perhaps they are just beginning, a new adventure! The Lord never lets us just rest!

    I don't have an air fryer, have thought about getting one. Still on the fence about it.

    May the Lord bless you in all the adventures He takes you on, such a joy to walk with Him. Thankful you recovered from the covid, and I'm so sorry about the shingles, those are so miserably painful. Hoping your eyes continue to heal, in Jesus name!

    You might also be interested in my post today, I am doing a giveaway in regards to the recent cookbook I created:)

    Blessings and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn. I am looking forward to retirement but no doubt the Lord has things planned for me. I surely don't want to miss a thing!!! Happy Day to you and headed over now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th