Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Birthday, Soap Making and Praise}

What a lovely, cold, sunshiny day it is. I hope your day is going wonderful. We've had lots of rain since Thursday and then it turned off cold. Today, cold but the sun is shining. One thing about Florida, it's like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you may get! 

I would like to wish my favorite grandson a very happy birthday. He will be 16 on Tuesday. We celebrated his special day last Sunday evening and again today at Sunday dinner with family.


He is an amazing young man. Respectful of others. Opens and closes the door for ladies. Yes mam and no mam.  Says thank you. YEP, I'd say I am a little bias if all that was not true! Being raised by parents that has taught him morals, values and manners is something to brag about these days. 

https://www.amazon.com/TDHDIKE-Silicone-Cavities-Handmade-Cornbread/dp/B087JNT76R/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2QOTUT7SOPIMK&keywords=3+pack+silicone+soap+molds&qid=1647206875&s=arts-crafts&sprefix=3+pack+silcone+soap+molds%2Carts-crafts%2C83&sr=1-2
So, my latest fun project to try was making soap. Y'all, It didn't start out too good but once I realized a few do's and don'ts....well, I had me some soap making going on! LOL! I found a recipe online and I found the little soap molds on Amazon Prime. Of course I make lots of candy, cakes and etc. so I can use those molds for a lot. 




They winded up turning out better than I had hoped for. Family and a few sweet friends will be getting a bar of this wonderful smelling, lathers up great soap! 


My three daughters got a little extra gift today with their soap. I LOVE BEING RETIRED! 


This morning was such a special time as our youth at church led our worship and praise time. There was such an anointing of the Holy Spirit that filled that place this morning. Nothing like seeing our young praise God. 

The young lady at the piano and singing is our oldest granddaughter, Raygen. 💗


Our youngest two granddaughters excitedly watching their big cousin. 


Our granddaughter Mallory hurt her arm/wrist playing soft ball. She plays center field and catcher. It is much better but if you would just simply lift her up for total healing. 


And, needless to say, Sunday dinner is never complete without something sweet. Peanut butter and chocolate brownies and chocolate cookies sure hit the spot. 


I hope that you all have a wonderful week and enjoy every day the Lord gives you. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy



 

Comments

  1. Oh he's tall and I'm glad that he has a good head in his shoulders. (I worried there for a bit.) Wonderfully thrilling to see your grands living lives for The Lord. It's what counts.

    Soap making! Now that's pretty cool. All the soapmakers I know (two) absolutely love the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone taller than me! LOL! I want to make more soaps now! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your grandson! Your soap look great. I bet it smells good too. Do you use lavender essential oil? I can only use real oils, nothing synthetic. I have allergies to most things with fragrances. Your brownies look so yummy! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. Yes, I use essential oils. I am using some tangerine and lemon now in my diffuser in my home office. Smells so nice!

      Delete
  3. I've never made soap, what a great gift! I am so glad you are enjoying retirement and trying new things. Happy Birthday to Connor and I hope Mallory is back on the ball field soon!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how tall your grandson has gotten! That was so cute seeing the little ones looking up at their big cousin. Soap making is looking good on you! Fun fun fun!! I freeze soup in something like those molds. :) Those cookies look amazing. I hope your granddaughter heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALways love seeing what you have cooked up. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed with your soap. First try and it turned out so well!!
    Happy 16th birthday to your sweet grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 16th Birthday to Conner!! You look so teeny next to that handsome grandson. Seeing Raygen, and the little ones, and Mallory Mia such a delight. I will pray for Mallory and healing. Good for you in making soap. I’ve done that and it’s a fun project.
    Enjoy your week, Cindy! Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending fast healing vibes to Mallory.

    Happy birthday to your grandson! Love his cookie cake, as well as the PB and chocolate brownies and chocolate cookies! My sweet tooth is watering!

    The soaps look great! Have you you thought of making tea-infused soaps like Earl Grey or chai?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. Girl...you gotta send me recipe for those soaps!

      Delete
  9. Lifting up Mallory for healing. What a beautiful family and how you all worship together. Your grandson at 16 is so tall and handsome. I know you are so proud of your family. Cindy it is nice to see our grandchildren being brought up with God, morals and kindness and respect. In this world we live we need more of our youth to be this way. They are the country's future. Have a great new week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, I totally agree with you on those grandbabies being raised to like that! YES!

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday to your grandson! What a fine young man! This is refreshing to see!

    Soap-making -- what an interesting new hobby for you! And they do make such great gifts! You are really taking advantage of your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. I am enjoying retirement for sure. I have made bath salts, foot scrubs and soaps and want to try some lotion. Maybe this week! LOL!

      Delete
  11. Aw, I thought that was your granddaughter at the piano!! Then I read on, and sure enough it was her! What a glorious blessing to have those precious grandchildren there worshipping with you! I know you are so proud of them, and I'm sure their parents are great, but YOU, my dear friend, have surely poured so much Godliness into them, too. They are so blessed to have you for a Nana. Sending love and hugs and prayers your way tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled and blessed to see my grandchildren actively serving the Lord. We were so blessed to see our youth band lead in a morning worship. God is good.

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday to your handsome Conner. I should really try my hand at making soap, I think my girls would enjoy helping. I know your heart must have swelled with Raygen at the piano. Blessings sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I have enjoyed the soap. It lathers so good. My girls all used some last night and loved it. Raygen surely blesses us with the talent and gifts the Lord have given her.

      Delete
  13. Wow, you stay busy but have lots to show for it. Soap making sounds fun and made great gifts.
    Happy Birthday to your grandson. How tall is he?
    Hope Mallory's has a speedy recovery with her arm.

    Cindy, you are so blessed to have your family in the same church and see them actively participate.
    So glad you are enjoying your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. I do stay pretty active. I keep saying that I am going to take a day and stay in PJ'S all day, watch Hallmark movies and drink coffee and tea. LOL! Maybe soon. I think everyone taller than me Bonnie! LOL! And yes friend, we are truly blessed.

      Delete
  14. Sweet smiles and sweet treats. A great post!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, your grandson is certainly growing taller and taller!! Our grandson is 6'4", and towers over everyone! Not sure what they feed these kids anymore to get them so tall! (he's 22 now). I love that you are making soap. I use a homemade soap all the time. But I don't make it myself. I need to learn how. Don't you have to let it "cure" for a while? I love lavender in particular. That is the only soap I use. The one I use has goat's milk in it in addition to essential oils, etc. The "kids" sell it in their store. We know the lady who makes it so we know it is authentic. Great job for you!!! What a wonderful gift idea! Oh, to see those young people praising Jesus and singing for the Lord, and your granddaughter playing the piano! What joy and delight! I love that. So sorry about your granddaughter who hurt her wrist. Praying it will heal quickly. Take care my friend and keep smiling. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I used an all natural soap base too and they turned out great. Made another batch today of lemongrass, green organic tea and flax seed so we shall see how it turns out.

      Delete
  16. A lovely post.
    Belated birthday wishes to your Grandson, he does look tall :)

    Well done with the soap making, I'm sure it smells wonderful.

    Keep enjoying your days.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th