Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Enjoying this this thing we call "DOING LIFE"}

 I hope that you all are having a great weekend and that you are looking forward to a brand new week with a freshness of spirit. I am learning much about the "retired life" and one thing I am enjoying is my mornings. I sit in my chair with coffee and I have my quiet time with the Lord and I have been praying each week for a "freshness of spirit". We all need a freshness of spirit don't we? 


So, since I am trying my hand at soap making which I am loving I made a new batch. I made Green tea, lemongrass and flax seed. It turned out so good. Smells heavenly and have given several bars as gifts which was a big hit. 


The only thing I might do different is add more flax seed for exfoliating but other than that...this is a winner for me. 

I've also been whipping up more bath salts and my daughters and older granddaughters are so enjoying it.

Some dear long time friends and I met one day for lunch last week . We enjoyed a nice lunch with lots of talking! These two retired sooner than me so I enjoyed hearing their retirement stories and their wonderful advice. 


I decided to fix up a few goodies for my friends and sisters in Christ. Of course the sunglasses surely fit our personalities. 


I tried to think of things that when used they would feel pampered. They loved it all and it was so much fun gathering up little things to make them feel more special than they already are. 


I wanted to share a quick little snack or lunch (whichever you prefer) that a lady in my yoga class shared with me. It was yummy and low carb and low calories.

Romaine lettuce-2 pieces

 Diced cooked chicken (I had some left from a casserole I had previously made) 

Grated pepper jack cheese or your choice of cheese

Everything Bagel Seasoning spice 

Take a teaspoon of thousand island dressing and mix with 1/2 teaspoon of Siracha for added kick of heat. Or if you prefer use Italian dressing. Drizzle that over ingredients. 

Simple but very tasty. I had it for a quick lunch one day and added a piece a fruit with a loaded tea and it was yummy.  


The youngest two granddaughters fished with papa today. My daughter posted this picture she snapped and simply said these words:

She thought she was just fishing.

So true are the her words. Memories are being made.....

 I hope that you all have a blessed week and that you take time out to enjoy making a few memories along the way. I want to close with something I read recently and it came up while I was searching for something else but oh what a wonderful reminder this is for us all. (From internet)

Stop. Breathe & Remember. .


Life is not always about understanding and making sense of everything we go through but more about knowing that even when things don't make sense; life still goes on no matter how bad your situation is! There is always something to be grateful for and always a new day to start afresh!


Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Comments

  1. Oh, I just love that last photograph.
    We too have similar when the grandchildren fish with Grandad ... so special.

    Have a good week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. The kids love fishing at Nana and Papa's house.

      Delete
  2. Your latest batch of soap sounds wonderful. You sure find lots to do and life is full.
    Happy Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something always going at my house GM. LOL! I am enjoying making soaps and bath salts. I want to try making some lotion.

      Delete
  3. This was wonderful....like reading a good daily devotional type of book filled with lovely ideas and blessings. You might wanna think about that...you have a real knack for putting good things together that bless our souls and hearts! Loved the picture of your little one "just fishing with papa"....oh! That touched my heart. Precious memories in the making for sure! Wow. Thank you for sharing this with us today. I am a little teary eyed just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe,, thanks Pam for your kind words. I really enjoying doing for others and coming up with things I think they would like. The words my daughter used to describe that picture melted my Nana heart.

      Delete
  4. Cindy, I think retirement looks great on you! Having quiet time in the morning is the best way to start my day. I know your friends were excited to receive your handmade soap and other goodies. The last photo needs to be framed. Happy Spring, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. I am enjoying it. I think I will print that picture out. I love it!

      Delete
  5. You are a special friend to honor your friends so well. Yes, do lunch as often as you can...once a week or once a month...make a plan! That photo of your Beloved fishing with the grandgirlie is adorable. I see her mother thinks deep thoughts. Have a happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee, several have told me that we must treat ourselves at least monthly to outing or something and to treat it like you would any other appointment. Get that day/event or etc. locked in on the calendar. Good advise. I love that picture too Vee.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you're enjoying your retirement. You deserve it! The soaps look amazing. Now don't get too good at it or you'll be working again. ;) I love the photo of hubby fishing with the little one. So sweet! Those sunglasses are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather Lou. Girl, I have had several ask me about selling but I am not ready to do that! LOL! I am having too much fun just doing it when I want too!

      Delete
  7. Hi Cindy, we like to eat romaine tacos. I like that picture of you and your friend wearing your glasses. It is fun to do things with friends! My Bible journaling group is growing. There will be an evening group starting at our church by a couple of other women. I plan to check it out, but I don't go out in the evening much except for Bibe study and my friend drives me. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to do things with friends. You do such a good job with your Bible journaling. Maybe you will get to go join them some in the new class.

      Delete
  8. I admire your soap making skills Cindy, what wonderful gifts! The glasses are fun and there's nothing better than a long lunch chatting with friends. Sweet photo of the fisherman and fisher grand! Have a fun week, and thank you for the uplifting words :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. I am enjoying it for sure. Made some hand wash yesterday. Smells so good.

      Delete
  9. You can open up a side business selling your handmade soaps! I've seen tea-infused soaps sell starting at $5/bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I've have several ask me about selling it but for now, I am happy doing it for fun.

      Delete
  10. Such a good friend you are to pamper your friends, Cindy. I’m so glad that you’re enjoying retirement. I love my mornings, too, and have a quiet prayer routine each day. The photo of Marty with your grand girl is just precious! So many memories being made. Happy first week of Springtime! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew retirement would agree with you. Soap making sounds like such fun. I use a handmade soap and absolutely LOVE it. Keep enjoying yourself and I love your thoughts on "freshness of Spirit." Good stuff! Have a great first week of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making soap....yay. I have not tried my hand at that but I used to buy from a friend. Almond oatmeal is great. I love that one the best. Enjoy your soap making. Spring is on us and I am loving it except for the seasonal allergies that seem to come with that!! Tis the season to be sneezing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allergies seem to be lasting longer and longer too! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  13. You are brave to make soap. The only kind I have ever done is melt and pour! Would usually share your bath salt recipe? The salad sounds good. I need to get some of that bagel seasoning!......Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, that bagel seasoning is so good on lots of stuff. Girl, I used the melt and pour. I am not patient enough to wait on curing process! LOL!

      Delete
  14. I appreciate the quote from the Internet at the end of your post here. I'm going thru something like that now. My biggest help has been to remember God did not create us to worry and He wants me to trust Him with everything even when I don't understand. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will surely pray for you Barbara. There are many things I do not think we will ever understand but trying to TRUST on this God journey of life. AND..some times it is just hard. But trust we must.

      Delete
  15. How fun Cindy to get together with good friends. What a lovely thoughtful gift you gave them. I love homemade soaps like you make. They smell so good and are so good on your skin. Making memories with our grands is the best. What a wonderful post. So happy to see you enjoying retirement. Happy Spring. Have a great rest of the week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time. I love the soaps I am making too. So much fun.

      Delete
  16. Love that photo of Papa fishing with his granddaughter! Yes, they were doing more that just fishin'! You know, I find one of the MANY fun things about being retired is having lunch with friends. There's no time-table and we're just able to sit, visit and share!. One time a friend and I sat and visited for 3+ hours! You have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zenda. Time can surely get away from us when we are having fun but I am enjoying having that extra time for sure.

      Delete
  17. I don't know if my post went through. You are so talented and lots of energy. It is wonderful how your family does things togather. I enjoy your encouraging words. I wondered if you would share your bath salt recipe. I am not brave enough to make soap except for the melt and pour kind!......Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I get most of my recipes from Pinterest. I use melt and pour for the soaps girl. I am not patient enough to let it cure! LOL! Happy Spring.

      Delete
  18. Love the sweet fishing with grandpa pic, Cindy! These are years to cherish ... we just came back from visiting our oldest granddaughter at college in SC. The seasons fly by so quickly.

    Meanwhile, retirement is suiting you! Look at all you're crafting and creating these days! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my goodness! I am in tears over the photo of Marty and your little granddaughter and the caption your daughter chose for it. Oh, wow. What a powerful picture and your daughter's words! SO weighty and meaningful. So, so true. We look back on things like that as we get older, and we realize what was really happening. Moments are so precious, like gold. I tell Kevin and Zach very often how much I praise God for every single moment He gives us together. It is good to always tell our loved ones how we feel. Your gifts for your friends were so, so sweet and full of thought. You are such a precious woman of God, dear friend. Sending much love to you today and praying much for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Cheryl. Yes, fully agree that we should tell our family how much we love them, appreciate them and enjoy them. And as always, we appreciate your prayers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy