Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Happy Resurrection Day}

Hello to all on this wonderful Resurrection Sunday. Our family surely enjoyed a wonderful time of praise and worship this morning at church and then home to a great lunch. We then gathered with other family and had our annual Conner Egg hunt. We gathered just in the nick of time too as the bottom fell out with rain. But, at least it held off so the kids could hunt eggs.  


We gather together at my father-in-law's home for all that can come and the kids have such a great time together. We always hide two prize eggs. One for the younger age children and one for the older children. This year the younger child found $15. The older one found $30. Dang, I think next year I might get in on the annual egg hunt. LOL! 

Our sweet Annaleigh was so excited to find an egg. 

This isn't the best picture by any means as it was so bright but it's my family and I give praise for each and every one of them. We are a very close family and we all worship together at the same church and well, what more could a mama and nana ask for right?


Marty and I decided that instead of pastel colors we would wear purple for the royalty of King Jesus and red for the blood that He shed on Calvary. I got the Holy bumps typing these words y'all. To think that someone loved me so much that He would give His life for me is more than I can fathom. He is indeed alive and lives in my heart. 

We also celebrated our oldest grandchild's 18th birthday today. Raygen was the first to call us Papa and Nana. We are so very proud of the wonderful young woman that she is.


She wanted homemade vanilla cake with buttercream icing with strawberries and blueberries so that's what she got. Yes, the icing was too heavy and began to sag but it didn't affect the taste! YUM!


I shared with you all that our granddaughter Mallory plays soft ball and that her team was going to championship game. Well, they won! They were undefeated this season. She plays center field and alternates at times as catcher. She is quite a good little ball player.

Her fan club was there to cheer her and the team on. 


I made some shower melts last week. They smell sooooo good!


I made lavender with Vitamin E. You simply drop one near the drain of your shower and the aroma is wonderful. I gave my daughters one and gave several as little gifts. 


I also tried my hand at bath bombs. Well, now that's another story! I had heard that humidity makes a huge difference in how they turn out and I had several tell me they were a nightmare to make. Let me tell you...I had a huge epic fail. NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE but about FIVE TIMES!!! Either I had them too wet, too dry or too something. I finally QUIT. But, I hate being whipped and decided to once more put my big girl panties on and go for it. I watched several videos and finally.....


I made enough for my 5 granddaughters to each have one and I kept one for ME! They still wasn't exactly like I would have liked for them to be but...persistence paid off I guess. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week and thank you for allowing me to share my life with you. I think I have the sweetest blogging friends ever!


Web image

Hugs and blessings, Cindy





Comments

  1. Beautiful my friend!!! Wishing you a beautiful rest of your Sunday...oh and it thundered but never rained here in Ocala. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Resurrection Day Cindy!!! I am glad your family enjoyed the egg hunt before the rain. We had great weather today and it was in the low 80's, perfect for the egg hunt. happy Birthday to your granddaughter! We also celebrated birthdays this weekend. I mentioned it at my blog. I have not made bath bombs. The shower melts sound great! Do you use essential oils? I love them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Yes I use essential oils. Love them.

      Delete
  3. Your family sure makes some pretty girls. Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, you have a beautiful family! I love reading about the family traditions and grandchildren’s major events. Happy birthday to Raygen and congratulations to Mallory. Have a wonderful week. Hugs ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy,
    Happy Easter!! Kudos to you for your persistence!! I think I would have lost my mind trying it so many times and it not coming our right!! Love seeing all your family pictures as always!! Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words!!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Shower Melts" -- I've not heard of them before but what a fun idea. Don't you just love being able to make such innovative, as well as practical, gifts all by yourself at home? I did that for years with my sewing and jewelry. It was very gratifying. You are sooo clever!

    Happy Birthday to Miss Mallory! She is at such a fun stage of life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful family...so wonderful to see them all gathered together and to know they love Jesus too! And that Easter Egg hunt for all the kiddos! Oh, how I miss that! We don't have any little ones around in our family anymore, and I really miss those exciting times together. But our own immediate family still hunts for Easter Baskets, and we have a good time together as a family, and that's what matters most. Love your bath bombs (even if they DID bomb! LOL) I think they're beautiful! You are very talented! Thank you for sharing your family with us. We are all blessed to see families united, especially in Christ! Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Easter baskets that you gave to the grown kids Pam!

      Delete
  8. So glad that your family had a wonderful Easter celebration! I'm loving the ladies' pretty pastel dresses in the family photo.

    Happy 18th Birthday to Raygen. Her birthday cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful family you have, Cindy! Happy 18th Birthday to Raygen. I sure wish I had a slice of that cake. How wonderful for Mallory to have such a supportive cheering squad. I’m happy that you had such a blessed Easter, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly had a blessed Easter Cindy and you are blessed everyday with your wonderful family around you. The shower melts sound incredible, never heard of those before! Good for you to keep trying on the bath bombs, you have developed quite the hobby! Great photos as always!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful Easter, you have a lovely family, so nice to see all of your photographs.
    Happy 18th Birthday to Raygen, her birthday cake looks delicious..
    Our eldest Grandson will be 18 later this year ...where does time go???

    Have a lovely week ahead.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a beautiful family and maybe some family member is rich giving out eggs with the big bucks. ☺️ Your parting thoughts are special and true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vee. Yep, everyone pitched in a few bucks so those kids loved it!

      Delete
  13. Glad you had a great time with your family all together. The egg hunt looked like lots of fun. Glad you got that in before the rain came down. Enjoy the new week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cindy, You have a wonderful family and it is so great that you all can worship together@ At first i thought your shower melts were marshmallows and I wondered if homemade marshmallows would be gluten free. Lol How is it you have energy to do so much! I would have given up on the bath bombs! Easter egg hunts are so much fun for the kids! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. I almost gave up on those bath bombs! LOL! I am in no hurry to make more!

      Delete
  15. Aw, sweet friend! It just warms my heart to see you and your dear family and to know that all of you are serving Jesus and worshiping Him together. It is just so rare and precious to find a family like yours. You inspire and bless me in so many ways. I am so thankful for you and your friendship. I continue to pray for you and Marty. God bless you and your dear family. Much love to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've said it before - what a beautiful family you have. Looks like you all celebrated in style. Good for you.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th