Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{June Is Underway}

 

Aren't those slippers the cutest? They didn't have my size but Oh I adore them!

I hope this finds you all well this HOT Sunday afternoon. Oh my! It's so humid. Our family tried to sit outside after our Sunday dinner and watch the little ones play but we finally came back in where the AC was nice and cool. My tribe has left to go home so I am enjoying a nice cold tea drink I whipped up using using some of the juice I saved from a batch of fresh plumbs. I added in some fresh lemon juice along with green tea I brewed and it was delicious. 

My FIL has a plum tree that has yielded a bounty this season. The whole family has surely been enjoying those tasty plumbs. 


I made a batch of what I call cookie cakes and a batch of sweet glaze using some of the cooked down plumbs. 

These grands loved them. I sorta gave them a little taste before lunch.....Oh well, that's what Nana's do right? 


These two grands had their dance recital yesterday afternoon and it was so exciting watching them perform. 


Two of my childhood friends from Elementary school and I spent the day together on Friday. We ate, shopped, talked and laughed. It was so fun getting out with olden golden friends. One of them retired in early April and another one in late April.

As you know I challenged myself to do a monthly focus board for each month for this year so for June my focus is GRACE. Mercy do I need to extend more grace and to remember the grace that God has given to me. Sometimes it seems so easy to forget about the GRACE I have been shown by our Lord and from others. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week. Oh, I shared with you in my last post that Marty and I had planned a date to the movies on Memorial Day. Well, we went to see the new Top Gun movie (Maverick). Marty hasn't been to the movies in a long time and I think he is still in shock over the cost of popcorn and drink! LOL! How large families afford it is beyond us!

The movie....a 10 in my books! 

Happy June everyone!

Hugs and blessings, Cindy



 




 

Comments

  1. Cindy, your littles are just darling! Aren't our ballerina's the best ever? Grands so light up our lives, what a blessing! I think your focus board is a wonderful idea, what a great way to remember our blessings. You are so smart to do that! I may give it a try. I do have gratitude journal, it makes me happy. Oh, I want to see the new Top Gun movie soon! I don't know how to act in a theater anymore, it's been forever and a day!

    Have a happy and blessed week, Cindy!

    Nancy ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy I do not go often to movies either but more often than Marty and he is still in shock. LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. I wonder about how families afford things quite often these days. Glad that you folks went to see a movie. A good movie is a joy to see Your granddaughters are so cute and I am sure they performed well and made their family proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't it the truth Vee! As my granny used to say...some people got more money than they do sense! LOL!!! My granny had a way with words.

      Delete
  3. So wonderful that you have the family together on Sundays for dinner. What a blessing for all of you. And yes, it's so nice to come back inside to a cool house after being outside in this hot high humidity! At least it finally rained here this afternoon, and we sure needed it. It doesn't feel too bad out there right now, but the mosquitoes are out in number ready to bite everyone and everything, so I couldn't stay outside another minute. Those cookies look good, and those plumbs are sure nice and big! I love that you met with your school girlfriends! Isn't it great to still be able to do that? It's been a while since I met up with some of my school friends, and we aren't getting any younger so we'd better get busy and do it again soon. I love that your sweet girls had their dance recitals. Especially the older one who was so sick! Amazing how quickly they can bounce back at their age. Praise God!! Loved this post and your focus on Grace. We all need to be more gracious with others as we remember how gracious God has been with us. Good lesson. Thank you!! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, our Kyleigh bounced back full steam ahead too! Yes, these kids have a way of doing that.

      Delete
  4. That tea sounds delish and so do those cookie cakes. Yay for recitals, family dinners and spending time with old friends. We saw Top Gun too and loved it! I hope you're off to a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too girl. I was mad because they didn't have my size!

      Delete
  6. Happy summer! What a blessed week you had with family, friends and food! Wishing you another great week! Stay cool. Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Cindy. The cookies look delicious and your plum tea sounds amazing. Those darling ballerinas are beautiful. How nice to spend the day with long-time friends. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great week Cindy, and yes wow the movies cost a fortune these days! I am dying to see the new Top Gun movie, how does Tom Cruz stay so young!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marty said Tom Cruz has probably had 15 facelifts! LOL! Movie was really good.

      Delete
  9. Everyone has said Top Gun is a good movie. It is hard to get my husband to go to the movie theatre. I want to see the Downtown Abbey movie also.
    Your dancers are adorable.
    I'm so impressed you have your family over on Sundays and feed them well.
    It was special to get together with some old friends.
    Have a great week, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Top Gun movie is really good. I fixed Sunday dinner for my family each week unless Marty and I are out of town or decide that we want to go out to eat. It's our family time and just so thankful they all live close by and can do this.

      Delete
  10. The slippers are cute, except mine would say "Tea Obsessed".

    The Top Gun sequel has had a positive reception. I think the last time I went to the theatres was to see The Hunger Games in 2012! I used sneak in my own drink and candy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little girls are just adorable, Cindy. We are so lucky to be there for our grandchildren. The drinks and cookies from the plums look so good. I was supposed to see Downton Abbey today, but my car battery died; I’ll be seeing it tomorrow. I do want to see Top Gun, too. Happy week to you, my friend. 😘🤗

    ReplyDelete
  12. plum tea! sounds utterly delicious, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hubby and I are going on Wed to see Top Gun for our 51st anniversary. Always a joy to stop by and see what you and yours have been up to. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terry and I saw Maverick over memorial day too. We loved it. I had to laugh at your comment about the cost of popcorn and pop. We had 6 dollar movie tickets and then it was $30 for popcorn and two drinks. Crazy. The girls are so cute. Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cake cookies look wonderful! I like the idea of your monthly focus board. Such a wonderful reminder about grace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that photo of your sweet grans enjoying the plum treat. I do that as well, allow children a taste of desert before the meal. How can you refuse?
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, I just love those slippers! And your little grands are just adorable! There is nothing like getting together with old friends. May God richly bless you & your dear family. Sending much love to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they had my size in those slippers! Thanks Cheryl.

      Delete
  18. Shame they didn't have your size slippers ...

    Eddie and I haven't been to the cinema in years, the younger family members go ...
    I think prices for everything are rising very quickly, it is concerning.
    Pleased you enjoyed the movie.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th