Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{The Summer Is Almost Gone Ya'll}

Good Sunday afternoon everyone. Here we are at the end of August. My daughter's told me at lunch today that it has seemed like a short summer. They don't know anything yet! Wait till they get a little more age on them and they will wonder how it went from January to December in just a few short months! I will honestly say that I will be so grateful to feel a little fall in the air. I am completely over HOT! But, for us Floridians we might waiting a while on that cool crisp air! LOL!  


Our baby girl celebrated a birthday yesterday. She and hubby went out for the evening with several friends so we kept the littles. We celebrated her today with family. The caboose of the family was named after her daddy. His name is Marty so we named her Marti Leigh. Leigh was after my great grandmother which the spelling of her name was Dollie Lee. She may have her dad's name but she is indeed my mini-me. Mannerisms, looks, and well, a lot of my ways rubbed off on her. Amen or Oh Me? LOL! 

Fried chicken was on the menu today. Marty fries the best chicken ever!


Made an ice cream cake for her birthday and well, let's just say that if you like cake and ice cream then my mercy was this soooooo good! But, it cannot stay in this house. I am not a sweet eater but THIS was good! 


Isn't this sign too cute? Several friends and I had went and done a little shopping and out to lunch one day last week and I spotted this sign at Hobby Lobby. My youngest daughter home schools her littles so I thought this would be perfect for her class room. It was 75% off. Now that's a deal! 


My friends and I stopped in at a Goodwill to browse around. I saw this cup and laughed out loud. When me and my siblings were growing up my granny used to say..."My youngin's might not be perfect but at least they ain't ugly". YES, that coffee mug came home with me and we've had a good laugh off my granny's words. 


I hope that you all have a good week and enjoy the last few days of August. September is upon us for sure. 

K-Love Image

Hugs and blessings, Cindy







 

Comments

  1. Happy birthday to your sweet youngest!! I wouldn't mind a helping of that delicious looking cake. I do have a sweet tooth!!
    Love that mug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you guys are always partying! lol....Merriest Bday to your beautiful daughter. That CAKE....oh my gosh, I would like a bite right now. YUM..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! We are doing that for sure. With 14 in my immediate family there seems to always be a party going on. LOL!

      Delete
  3. That ice cream birthday cake looks fabulous! Is it 100% ice cream, or does it have a layer of cake?

    I've already switched out my summer decor for my fall decorations. Bring on the cozy autumn season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cake and ice cream Margie. Mercy...was so good. Good for you girl for switching out already on decor. I've been wanting to decorate my kitchen in Fall and have gotten summer put away but just haven't managed to pull out the Fall.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your beautiful mini me!! The ice cream cake looks so yummy to a sweets eating person like myself. The sign is perfect and oh that mug, is too cute! You and your girls sure are beautiful. Have a wonderful week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy, Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!! You are right, time goes by way to fast! I have been busy all day and did get a few things done. That cakes looks so good! I do have to watch my sugars but can't say no to chocolate! That coffee mug is too funny! I just got a fall mug from Hobby Lobby. It has a black and tan doxie like my Minnie. Now my mind is on fall. I will start decorating after labor day. It will be as high as 108 this week. We are having a heat wave. Hot weather last until mid October. We sure need rain! Enjoy your week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gathering for Marti Leigh's birthday. Her birthday cake looks beyond delicious.

    Your girls are, indeed, not ugly. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your youngest, Marti Leigh! The ice cream cake looks fabulous. Your girls are beautiful. Have a wonderful week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all beautiful! Happy Birthday to your baby! I love that she's named after her dad and is your mini-me! You got some good buys/finds. I need that birthday cake in my life!YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to Marti Leigh! I know everyone enjoyed that cake and celebrating together! I’m ready to move summer along, too. It’s the first of September today and actually starting off a bit cooler and I am so ready for fall. Have a great day, dear Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not sure why some of us are showing up on blogger anonymous. I am getting several but can tell pretty much what is spam and what isn't. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  10. oh my goodness, that ice cream cake! what a way to celebrate summer's grand finale! happy weekend to you and yours, friend! i'm sure you're doing something very fun with those you love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday to your daughter! I am so late in playing catch up, so sorry my friend. HA on Autumn thoughts for Florida, grinning. Wishing you a beautiful week ahead. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is one laugh after the other... all the way to the end!
    Thanks for the uplifting and mood change! ~~~ smiling still~~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by to say "hi"! Hope all is well Cindy Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! The cake looks so yummy! I don't know why, but I have stopped being notified when you publish a new post. This is happening with other blogs I follow, too. I am so sorry I am so behind in reading your posts, but I am trying to catch up today! God bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger has been somewhat crazy to me for a while Cheryl. Glad you stopped by. I have been so busy that I didn't get a post out this week.

      Delete
  15. Not sure how I missed this one, except that I am just way behind! And yes, that mug is so true...you definitely don't have ugly kids or grandkids either! But you and your hubby are pretty nice looking too, so your kids just followed in your footsteps! I always enjoy visiting here. Glad I made it over. Hopefully things will start to calm down again and I can get caught up. Take care and God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, I am so behind on blogging that I am a pitty! LOL! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget