Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{A Little Fall Going On}

Good Sunday afternoon. I have been so slack this past week in making a post which I only do once a week! I'm also behind on visiting too. I've seen to stay so busy as of late and other things have surely grabbed my attention. Maybe I can keep up this week. LOL! 


I did manage to get my table decorated for Fall. Now, if we would ONLY get some Fall temps I would be happy!




And...my sweet Fatherinlove always notices my table when he comes to eat with us every Tuesday night. That makes me happy. 


I just love this tiered tray that I found at a Goodwill store for $1.99. It sure has served many purposes. 


My handed down old dough bowl from my great-grandmother brings me much joy. I've used that dough bowl for lots of decorating. My great-grandmother and my grandmother made many a pan of biscuits using this bowl. I will try and share my Fall tree and some of my fall decor in living room next week. It's hard to decorate for Fall y'all when it's so stinking hot isn't it? 


My girls and I decided last Sunday to go out after church and have lunch and do a little shopping. Not often I don't cook for my tribe on Sunday but this was surely a welcomed outing for a change. 


One day last week for lunch I was hankering for a fried potato sandwich so I made myself a biggy size! Just can't beat a good fried tater sandwich with mayo.


Can you see me? LOL! Our yoga class decided to have a black light glow in the dark party with some yoga and fun music. It was a lot of fun. We plan to do it again in October.

Marty and I decided to take a day and do some white tail bow hunting. There is nothing like sitting out in the midst of God's beautiful creation. I do lots of praying, meditating and talking to the Lord when I am sitting in a tree stand. I guess there is just something about being alone in the quietness of no phones ringing, no agenda to keep up with and no one expecting anything from you. 

Marty tried the new strawberry cheesecake pancakes from Cracker Barrel. He said it was good but way too sweet for him. Y'all, the man loves sweets so I was shocked. He is glad he tried them he said. 

As you all know my goal this year is to do a Focus board for each month as I keep it on my breakfast bar where I see it daily, numerous times a day too. It is such a great way to stay focused and to meditate on God's Word. 

I hope that you all have a great and wonderful week and your blessings be many. 


Hugs and blessings, Cindy


  

Comments

  1. Hello Cindy…I love your fall table! It looks beautiful and how sweet that you have your FIL every Tuesday. I know you enjoyed a Sunday off from cooking, I don’t know how you cook for all of your family every week, it is a labor of love. Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. Cooking for my family of 14 is surely a labor of love that I love.

      Delete
  2. I love your fall table and that gather plate! The tiered tray is so cute. I need to get my stuff out! That looked like a fun day with your girls! I never tried a fried tater and may sandwich. I need to! Your yoga studio looks so fun! I miss taking classes in person (my studio closed!). I hope you're off to a great week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather Lou. I am so slow these days that I put a little out here and little out there. Marty told me get started on Christmas next week! LOL! I enjoy yoga. Keeps me moving.

      Delete
  3. I love all your Fall decorating. It's so pretty. And I love the picture of you and your girls. Also very pretty. That strawberry cheesecake pancake looks exactly like something I would love but I think we're all getting used to having our sweets less sweet than we used to. No wonder Marty found the filling too sweet. Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GM, he said it was good but not something he would try for breakfast again. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Your Fall table looks so pretty Cindy! I've never heard of a "tater sandwich" it sure looks good! I'm glad you've been busy doing things you love with people you love, life doesn't get any better than that!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. Girl, you gotta try it! Hit the spot for me that day.

      Delete
  5. Your Fall decor looks so pretty, Cindy. It is hard to decorate with our high temperatures. I am getting things out, too, because I love my Fall decor. Your yoga looks like fun and shopping with your girls must’ve been joyful! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty. Yes, hard to get into the Fallish mood with it being so hot and humid. Guess I need to turn the AC down really low! But wait...our electric bill.........LOL!

      Delete
  6. I love your pumpkin plates. So cute. All the decor looks great. And coming to your blog always makes me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the girls in your family are so beautiful! Love that yoga class too! I wonder if I'll put out Fall stuff....I want to but just haven't been in the mood! I've been cleaning house though so that's a good start! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Yes girl, I have to be in the mood too to decorate and here lately it seems I find too many other things to do. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Your fall table looks great and your yoga class party looks such fun.
    I've always wanted to try yoga ... perhaps one day I will :)

    Our shops now have Autumn/Fall and Halloween items for sale plus Christmas cards - the year is flying by.

    Take care and have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yoga Jan. So good for my muscles to stretch and keeps me moving. Yes, Fall stuff out here as well and I am sure by next week Christmas will be out. LOL!

      Delete
  9. Your autumn tablescape looks lovely, Cindy.

    The tiered tray is a great score from Goodwill. I'd love to have the "Hello Fall" mug (not that I need any more mugs! Hee!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so autumnal. I do enjoy the colors of autumn. Fried potato sandwich you say? Have never heard of such a thing. Looks fabulous! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love to see your tablescape for each season! It always looks so welcoming and festive! And how much fun that you and your girls all went out and did some shopping together after church. That sounds like so much fun! Oh, I don't believe I've ever had a fried potato sandwich before! That sure sounds really good! But I wonder...what would it taste like with sour cream and cheese instead of mayo? Might be worth a try! LOL. Now I want some. Love your funny yoga pictures. This was a real treat! Those pancakes look interesting too. Thank you for sharing with us! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, no apologies, no need to keep up! Just sit back and enjoy this season filled with people you love and interesting things to focus on! I'm sure you'll have a perfectly golden weekend, friend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy, I usually get an email notification of your blog post and I haven't been getting them. How sweet you have your Father-in- love for dinner each week. I know he looks forward to it.
    I'm glad you and hubby got to spend some time together bow hunting.
    Your Sunday outing picture turned out well. It is hard to do a selfie of a group.
    Your fall decorations are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. I have no clue what is going on with blogger anymore.

      Delete
  14. Cindy, I hope this comment comes through. For some crazy reason Blogger is giving me a very difficult time commenting....and it won't let me reply to comments on my own blog! I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment after I've been away from my blog for soooo long!!! I love your fall table. I decorated for fall too although it sure doesn't feel like fall here in south GA. It got a little cooler this week but is to go back in the high 90s this week. I am soooooo looking forward to "real" fall weather. Now I'm going to catch up on some of your latest posts and hope that this comment comes through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger having issues Cheri for a long time now. It sure makes it hard to do anything on any social media these days and I am speaking in general. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  15. Hi Cindy, I finally made it in today. I tried two times but only got an html page. Great pictures as always. How nice that you got a girl's day out. Your tablescape is so nice! Do you leave it up all fall? I had a dining room in my last house. This house just has the large kitchen table. I have started my fall decorating, but it is hard to decorate when it is over 90 outside! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet to catch up with you here tonight, dear friend. I am still not getting your posts in my email. I have no idea why. So much strangeness with blogger these days. I trust you are doing well and miss you in our studies. May the Lord richly bless you always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th