Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

It's almost Fall Y'all!

Hello everyone on this late Sunday afternoon. I hope that you all have had a great week. I wanted to share just a few fun pictures from my week and to also tell those of you that have said something about the blogger issues that I totally understand. I have had quite a few replies to my blog come in as anonymous. I can pretty much tell by the reply if it's indeed a blogger friend. Other issues are that our feeds are no longer showing up in our emails but this has been going on for some time. For those of us that use the free blogging platform then we have to take the good with the bad. For now, I am just enjoying doing a blog post when I can and purposely checking my reading list on blogger to try and keep up with my blogging friends. Technology is good but boy can it be a pain at times. Anyway, on to a few fun pictures. 


We have a little soccer player in the family now. Our youngest grand that is 4 played her first game on Saturday. Oh my! This tiny little thing sure held her on and she done so good. She's little but she is fierce for sure.  


Nothing like watching the littles. Some children immediately said, "I am not playing today". Others cried. Some just simply sat down on the ground and said, "Think I will just watch today". We laughed, cheered and well, these babies make our world go round. 


Y'all know that I can't hardly do a blog post without sharing food pictures. LOL! Marty and I enjoyed brunch at "First Watch" and either I was mighty hungry or it was really good but either way we sure enjoyed our little outing. 


Kyleigh stayed with us for the weekend and we had some artist moments. Of course we baked cookies too because one doesn't come to Nana's house without baking being on the list. Y'all, I can't even "connect the dots" but I managed to watch a beginners painting tutorial on YouTube and well...it sorta turned out okay. I might be found a new hobby! LOL! 



Sweet girl all ready for church this morning.

This was sent to me by a friend and I found so much truth in this. How about you? Do you feel like this at times too?

 Fall is hopefully around the corner. The temps seemed actually nice yesterday and we had a nice breeze. I hope that with the official day of fall being this week that it brings some much needed cooler temps our way. I also hope that you all have a wonderful week and kick off to Fall. May the Lord bless you in every way. 

I am glad that I can't see y'all laughing over my little pumpkin painting! LOL!

Hugs and blessings, Cindy 



Comments

  1. A mess and a victor. Yep, I feel and experience both. Thank God, He never gives up on us! Thanks for a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness... can your grandchildren get any cuter?
    Fall has arrived in Idaho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting turned out beautiful!! Looks like your fall is off to a great start!! What a cute little soccer player! We recently went to a First Watch in Virginia and loved it...went back a second time! Yum!! I hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love First Watch. Several friends and I have been a few times. It was Marty's first time going. He enjoyed it. Girl, my little ole pumpkins didn't turn out half bad for someone that can't draw a straight line without a ruler and then somehow I still MESS up! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Go Cindy! Great job on the pumpkin painting!! Keep it up, you'll get better and better!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna I hope to be you when I grow up! LOL! Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  5. I seriously am crying over that picture and message, Cindy. I do feel like both right about now.
    Your painting is absolutely beautiful ! You are talented in so many ways. I know Kyleigh had fun at your house. Our little Hayden is playing soccer, too, and she’s tiny but mighty! I’ll share next week about her. Aren’t we thankful to see these grands of ours?? Have a great week, my friend. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty, the timing of my friend sending that to me was so perfect. Oh I can't wait to see pictures of Hayden! Those grands sure make life GRAND.

      Delete
  6. I've also had some issues commenting on posts starting in late July. At first, I hought it was because I was using a new laptop, but I later realized it was a platform issue. Sometimes, I have to try 2-3 times before I can finally leave a comment!

    I can totally relate to the sign about being a warrior, mess, etc. LOL.

    Well done on the pumpkin painting. Gotta love those Youtube tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warrior, mess is right Margie. Praise the Lord that He helps us daily. Thanks for the comment on my little pumpkins.

      Delete
  7. I really like your pumpkin painting. Tom used to reel me into watching those You Tubes, too. Once, he got the whole family doing it with us! First Watch is a family favorite. We've never had a bad meal there in the years we've eaten there. I love fall and can't wait to get out my wreaths! You're looking great, Cindy, and your family stories are a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those dang YouTube videos make me want to do all sorts of projects! LOL! I love First Watch. Happy Fall!

      Delete
  8. Yesterday, blogger was so messed up that I could not visit here (and many other places, including my own blog). I was thrilled to have it miraculously fixed today. I tried not to panic, but I did fire off a question to our host. I remember in the "old days" having more problems than we do now so that's a good thing.

    I think the poses your grandgirlies strike are so cute. The artsy things are terrific and look like "something." That's the expression parents used to say when kids' projects were worthy of display. 😁

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Vee about back in the day! We have come a long way now with computers. Those grands of mine know they will strike pose! LOL!

      Delete
  9. Blogger is still causing problems for many of us ...

    I do like your fall painting.
    I love the Autumn/Fall a fantastic season.

    Loved seeing your photographs too.

    Enjoy your days.

    All the best Jan
    http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. your pumpkin painting is absolutely beautiful! keep those paintbrushes going, girl ... your creative spirit shines through.

    weekend blessings to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw! Your painting is just beautiful! This is Cheryl, by the way. I am not sure if it will show anonymous or not. The blogger issues are so frustrating and discouraging. Sending hugs your way tonight, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just checking in with you to tell you I'm thinking about you this morning and hope this bad old storm passes us by! Take care and stay safe! And let me know how you are! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. We are prepared as much as can be. Praying for all.

      Delete
  13. Blogger can be a pain sometimes but like you said, it’s free so I can’t complain too much. I can’t believe you littlest grand is already playing soccer! Where does the time go? She looks like she is loving it, I bet she is a fierce competitor! Guess what?! Michelle is expecting their 2nd baby in early April! Grand baby #2!!
    I love your fall picture! You both are quite the artists! 😍. I’m praying the hurricane has missed you and your family. Keep us posted and take care, sweet lady! Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So exciting on the new baby! I know you are thrilled. We are doing good. We only had some debris. So thankful yet praying all those that have been affected by Ian.

      Delete
  14. Golly, somehow I missed this post! Sorry about that! I've been a bit behind this past week! Love your paintings and fall decor and fun that you have with your family. It's always a happy place here at your neck of the woods. Thank you for sharing your life with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend, I too am behind. So much going on it seems. We are doing well in our neck of the woods.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget