Skip to main content

Happy May!

Happy May! I wanted to pop in and share a few pictures from my month of April which seemed to fly by quickly. As I am trying to catch up with my blogging friends today I realized it had been a month since I last posted. My mercy! But, I am so busy doing this thing we call life here on earth and enjoying every moment that I can. With my immediate family of 14 there is never a dull moment y'all!   We had three family birthdays in April. My SIL David, granddaughter Adalynn and oldest granddaughter Raygen.  Our favorite grandson Conner (only grandson) carried his girl to the prom. We had to snap at least one picture with Mom and Nana! Two of my elementary school friends and I get together at least once every 4-5 weeks so we went to breakfast and then to  Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. We always have so much fun.  The gardens are so beautiful that I couldn't even attempt to snap all the pictures I wanted. There are so many beautiful paintings to look at this but this was one of

{Goodbye February! You've Been Good To Me}


I just love the many different wax melt cubes you can find these days for your electric wax melt warmer. My Sister gifted me with this cute thing with so many different flavors of wax melt for my birthday. I love the smells but oh do I ENJOY the little things of life.
Some friends and I had a birthday outing for me with shopping, lunch and a stop by a new cute bakery that just opened up a few weeks ago. My mercy everything looked so good. These two ladies and I have been friends since elementary school. We try to get together once a month but since it was birthday month I got to pick where we went for the day. 


I brought home one of their cookie bars and had it the next day with coffee. So good. 


Of course we spotted a Thrift store along the birthday journey and I had to have some fun. I thought these boots would have been perfect for me. WELL...I couldn't figure out how to put a 5 foot woman into a pair of boots that must have been made for one tall gal! LOL! The fun us older women have! 

We stopped at Aldi's coming home as I've never been to Aldi's but so many people tell me constantly about the fresh fruit and produce and just different things you might find there. I did come home with quite a bit and YES the fresh fruit and produce was the best ever but this cheese! Oh my goodness! I am a cheese and cracker gal so I just had to give this a try. Wish I had of bought more while there.  


We sure had a lot of fun but can I just tell you that after a ten hour day outing with friends, I was pooped! My jaws hurt worse than my feet from laughing so much that day.

A group of us got together the next day to do a little yoga and mercy I needed the stretching and moving for sure. I blamed my "more extensive yoga workout" on Brittany's Cupcake Shoppe!!! All things in moderation right?


I had a few apples that needed something done with them before going bad. So, got busy and made some fresh apple muffins. Then I saved the peels and made some apple cinnamon drink for hot or cold teas. I saved enough diced up apples to add some fresh strawberries with lemon for a good Icee.  Well, apples about to go bad sure paid off!

The apple muffins got the thumbs up! My family enjoyed them today after dinner too. 
If you are interested in the recipe here is the link from Pinterest. *I used regular red apples*
We enjoyed a low country boil with a side of sushi and crab fingers for our Friday night by the pond. We haven't done our Friday nights by the pond lately due to so many other things going on but we did this past Friday. I ALWAYS over prepare! 

As my birthday month is drawing to an end I do want to say how thankful I am that the King of all Kings created me in His Image. My prayer to become more of Him and less of myself. I'll close with a devotional reading today that was seemed to have come at the appointed time needed. 
This is my life verse!


I hope that you all have a most wonderful ENDING to February. 
Hugs and blessings, Cindy 

 


 

Comments

  1. Belated Happy Birthday! Hope the year ahead is filled with blessings. What is the name of your devotion book? That was a special reading . . .blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie. I replied to your email just now. Hope it went through. God is sure using that little sweet devotional book to minister to me.

      Delete
  2. That devotional was so perfect and lovely.Thank you for sharing it with us. I did need that today. And I love that you've had such a wonderful birthday month...so many fun and sweet times with family and friends. God is good!! And now, "time marches on"...and March is just around the corner! I know God will have great things for us in the new month too. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. March is surely coming round the corner and before we know it we will be MARCHED into April.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely birthday outing you had! That cupcake shop would be my downfall for sure.
    I like those wax warmers and have one in the bathroom as well as the laundry room.
    Beautiful devotional and such a blessing. Have a great week. Granny M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GM, that dang cookie bar sure got me in a mess! Now I am wanting to bake some! LOL! Love my wax warmers too.

      Delete
  4. Good morning Cindy!
    I have read your inspiring blog for awhile but haven't commented.. apologies! But reading the devotional you shared, I knew I had to tell you that scripture is my "life verse" too. ❤️ When someone shares it, etc., it makes me feel the Lord is whispering in my ear. Thank you! For Lent I'm reading Corrie ten Boom's devotional and in yesterday's writing she quoted this also.💞
    Happy belated birthday!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Linda for stopping by to visit. I can't figure out how to have new ladies subscribe. I am going to see about that. But yes, that scripture has been my life verse. I cling to it often, especially in the times we are living in now. Thanks for the birthday wishes and do you have a blog?

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Cindy! You sure had some fun! Nothing better than celebrating with old friends, eating and shopping! You've been busy in the kitchen too~ the apple muffins sound so good! Your faith is always inspiring, thank you~ Happy March!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. Marty sure is enjoying those apple muffins. They even turned out pretty! LOL!

      Delete
  6. It sounds like the perfect birthday! I love when my face hurts from laughing more than my feet. Your apple muffins sound delicious and my hubby loves Aldi's. I am lazy so usually just pop down to our local Krogers. lol. Have a wonderful week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter sure is a good dose of medicine for me. I enjoyed my first trip to Aldi's. I honestly wish EVERY PLACE made you pay a quarter and give you back the quarter when you returned the cart! Maybe more folks would be kind enough to do that. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Oh yes, February has been a great month and I'm looking forward to a great March. I enjoyed the pictures of your good time with friends, those times are always special. Have a great week. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. What would we do without good friends in our lives?? It looks like you had a wonderful time and oh that bake shop!! You sure made some good food, my friend! I have one of those electric wax warmers. I need to turn it on more often. Aren’t we thankful that God loves us anyway?? Have a great week, dear friend. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful birthday month Cindy! There is nothing like a tired jaw from laughing after a great time with friends, those boots were something else! The bakery goodies sure looked good, and the yoga class and friends - what a great way to get exercise with friends. Love using things up before they have to be thrown away - your apple muffins, and smoothie sure looked good! And my, what a yummy plate of food you enjoyed Friday night! Happy March blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great birthday month! Those boots are a hoot!! All of the food looks yummy, especially the baked goods. Your muffins too! Yum and Marty approved! You are making me tired with your busy social life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather Lou, Marty said those muffins was an A Plus! LOL!

      Delete
  11. Wonderful birthday celebration with friends! The muffins look delicious, Cindy. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many Happy Birthday wishes.
    Lovely to read your post and see your pictures ... you've certainly had a wonderful birthday month.
    I think the apple muffins look very yummy :)

    Wishing you a happy and healthy month of March.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your birthday sounded like fun. Those white boots are a hoot! I bet those apple muffins you made were delicious. I always enjoy your positive outlook. The months are flying by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the months are indeed flying by. So glad you stopped by sweet friend.

      Delete
  14. We love going to Aldi, and I have never tried that kind of cheese. Will have to see if our Aldi has it the next time we go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget