Skip to main content

Happy May!

Happy May! I wanted to pop in and share a few pictures from my month of April which seemed to fly by quickly. As I am trying to catch up with my blogging friends today I realized it had been a month since I last posted. My mercy! But, I am so busy doing this thing we call life here on earth and enjoying every moment that I can. With my immediate family of 14 there is never a dull moment y'all!   We had three family birthdays in April. My SIL David, granddaughter Adalynn and oldest granddaughter Raygen.  Our favorite grandson Conner (only grandson) carried his girl to the prom. We had to snap at least one picture with Mom and Nana! Two of my elementary school friends and I get together at least once every 4-5 weeks so we went to breakfast and then to  Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. We always have so much fun.  The gardens are so beautiful that I couldn't even attempt to snap all the pictures I wanted. There are so many beautiful paintings to look at this but this was one of

{Thrifty Finds and some Sweet Stuff}


I want to share a few Thrifty finds and a little sweet stuff going on in my life but first, had to share this wonderful new tea with you. A sweet blogging friend sent this to me and I love it! I've had it as a hot tea with honey, cold tea with a hint of lemon, a tea latte and I have brewed up some great healthy teas with it using different vitamins. Thank you Margie from 


I finally got around to cleaning out a spare closet in the grands play room that I used to store seasonal clothing. Needless to say I had a HUGE garbage bag to donate to our local thrift store called Rack Up. OF COURSE I just couldn't drop off a bag full of clothing without browsing around to see what treasures might catch my eye. That would have been so RUDE!!! LOL! 

This adorable tobacco basket caught my eye and yes mam you can believe for $3 it was coming home with me! I love the basket as it can be changed with decor. 


Then I spotted this small insulated bag for $2. I needed something small and insulated to keep in my SUV. I can keep a few water bottles and snacks in it. It is perfect for those mornings that I FAIL to grab a little something to eat before heading to Yoga class. I can snack on my way or have something to snack on as I leave. 


Isn't this Mary Kay bag adorable? As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted it. For me, it would be great for a small overnight bag. When Marty and I go to the mountains or anywhere for a week we usually drive half way home and stay over at a hotel before traveling on home. This bag would be perfect for that as I would not have to unload and reload all of our luggage. It would be awesome for a carry on when flying as well.  For a mere $5 Mary Kay's extra large makeup bag came home with me. I found one on Ebay too. Take a look....I was HAPPY with spending only $5. 



I always have an eye out for baskets as I use them for so much and especially for gifts. Found this very well made basket for $3. 


A friend's birthday was coming up so it worked out perfect with a cute cutting board with knife spreader, mixed berry jam, loaf of French bread and a bottle of wine. 

Not too shabby of a deal I don't think on my thrifty finds. 


I love our local thrift store as they do so much good with the proceeds for others. 100% of monies made help out many. I am happy to be of service by donating and purchasing.


I've been having a great time experimenting with ways to incorporate Turmeric and Ginger. Hey, any natural health ways to help fight inflammation works for me. **Disclaimer** I am NOT against medication but I sure do try ways to help myself in more naturals ways that have less harmful effects. These "shots" have worked out great for me. I keep them cold and with this size bottle (for me) I have been doing half a bottle in the mornings before coffee. Without turning this post into a "health" post, I have seen some good results in just a few days. Well, let me rephrase that, "Felt some good results".  

I have done a little Valentine Decor in my kitchen and dining room but not much this year. Seems I've been so busy doing other things and somehow as of late these holidays happen upon me too fast. The little grandgirlies did add a touch of decor to this cute little 2 tier tray. To my surprise the candy is still on the tray. 😍




I chose to go simple with black and white with a hint of red. After Valentine's I will replace the reds and change it up a tad. Simple works for me.
I hope that you all have a SWEET Valentine day and that each day you awake is sweeter than the day before. Remember.... 
Web image

Hugs and blessings, Cindy



 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Cindy! So glad to hear that you enjoyed Dessert by Deb's Panettone Cake black tea. You definitely made a little sample go a long way! I was impressed by the different way you tried them.

    Great scores at the thrift store.I haven't shared my recent purchase yet, but last month, I got a set of 6 (!) teacups at the thrift store. Just couldn't leave them behind. LOL.

    Happy Valentine Week! Love your pretty black/white/red decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie, I enjoyed that tea. It went a long ways for me. With the healthy tea I made I actually added some green tea in it to make it go a little further. Was very good.

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy visiting here. No telling what good things I will find and learn! Love your great thrift store deals! Super!! And your Valentine's Table decor and other decor is so pretty and fun. I love that your grandgirlies dressed things up for you! You have taught them well. Praying your Valentine's Day is filled with sweet times with those you love. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I sure didn't do much for Valentine's day but enough. LOL! Now to get ready for Spring.

      Delete
  3. Hi Cindy! You put Margie’s tea to good use! Your turmeric shots that you make sound so healthy. What results are you seeing? Wow! What great treasures you found at your local thrift store. Your Valentine’s table looks beautiful. I hope you and Marty have a wonderful day. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty. I feel like the turmeric shots are helping greatly with inflammation. I will send you a message. Happy V Day!

      Delete
  4. Oh that parting comment speaks to me. Thank you. I love your hints of red on your table...looks charming. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Pretty sure that your Beloved has everything covered. He seems to be that kind of husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It spoke to me too Vee. The day I read that I needed it!!!

      Delete
  5. Great finds at the thrift store Cindy! Your Valentine decor and table look very cute! Happy Valentine's Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red and black together are two strong colors and pop so well together. Love the table. Looks great. Next, keep me posted on your mix of Turmeric and Ginger. Would love the mix info if you hit upon one that really helps with inflammation. My body would be so excited if I could find something would help with my daily pain. Love the purse! Great finds. Like you, its hard to pass up a good chance to thrift. Merriest Valentines Day to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. I do believe the shots I am making are helping with inflammation. Happy V-day.

      Delete
  7. Red and black together are two strong colors and pop so well together. Love the table. Looks great. Next, keep me posted on your mix of Turmeric and Ginger. Would love the mix info if you hit upon one that really helps with inflammation. My body would be so excited if I could find something would help with my daily pain. Love the purse! Great finds. Like you, its hard to pass up a good chance to thrift. Merriest Valentines Day to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your comment popped up twice. BLOGGER can be so hormonal! LOL!

      Delete
  8. Happy Valentine's (and Gal-entine's) Day!! You did great at the thrift store! I love those baskets your scored and the bags were a great find too! Simple is best for me these days too! The decor is looking perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all you've done here, Cindy. The black-and-white theme with just a hint of red is very tasteful. Your bargain finds are great. You are a very resourceful gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I love RED and BLACK. Of course I am a Georgia Bulldog fan too! LOL!

      Delete
  10. I like your thrifty purchases, especially the Mary Kay bag, so pretty and the perfect size too. Tea that tastes like cake? Yes, please. Sounds tasty. Your table set for Valentines Day looks great. My lone effort at lunch when the kids came for pizza and iced tea? Red napkins. That was it. Realistically, they were so noisy and busy eating that they wouldn't have noticed any way. I'm just so thankful they get along and love to be together!! GM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank GM. I don't know why you are showing up on blog as anonymous. Several blogging friends are having this same issue!

      Delete
  11. Oh I just knew you'd have some Valentine's pretties here this week, Cindy! And I always love a good thrifting story. So inspiring, so motivating ...

    And yes, this has been a good season to clean out closets, go through piles, and sort through stuff. I still have a ways to go ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your thrifting finds are always great! I also love baskets because they are so easily repurposed for almost anything. I hope your week is going well! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love using baskets Pam. My girls always know where to come when they need a basket! LOL!

      Delete
  13. Such wonderful thrift finds you found! I love them all! So fun to mix and match up, the basket looks amazing, what a special gift for your friend! Now, I have to wish you happy birthday today, as I believe it is your birthday today! I hope you are having a wonderful day celebrating! You are such a special dear friend, and how I love your heart for the Lord! Your kitchen table is always decorated so beautifully! Hard to believe Valentine's is now past, and we are working on March, wow! Blessings to you dear friend, enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Marilyn. I had a wonderful birthday.

      Delete
  14. Wow, that was a great deal on the Mary Kay bag! I am finally getting a chance to come by and catch up with your blog posts. Still not being notified when you post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget