Skip to main content

{Happy Resurrection Day}

I hope that you all have enjoyed this beautiful Easter Sunday. He is risen! I wanted to end the month of March in sharing a few of my favorite photos from the month.  Celebrated my favorite grandsons birthday. Conner is 18 now!  Our beautiful Mallory Grace all decked out for the prom. The youngest grands (sisters) were flower girls in their uncle's wedding. The oldest one was in her element of dress up. The younger one, not so much. THAT HAIR BAND ITCHED HER HEAD she said!  I purchased a new pair of wedges that I love. I am always skeptical about ordering shoes or clothing but read the reviews on Amazon and went for it. Love the color and the style.  The youngest grand loves to take selfies and play with the filters.  Marty colored Easter eggs. He always colors at least a dozen every year. He always says he's doing it for the grands but I know he does it because of the inner child in him! LOL! I went with the little ones to Disney on Ice and we had the best time. I think I enjo

{Front Porch Spring Cleaning}

Though it's not officially "Spring" and the weather in Florida is fickle at this time, I have been doing a little Spring cleaning.

We have been cleaning our front porch! WHEW! What a job. Marty finally told me that I have entirely too much on that porch! LOL! Our home has the looks of a Ranch style rustic look to it so my porch is long. It's actually 64 feet long so you know...I gotta have a few things to put on the porch, right? We washed down everything, dusted, swept, moved and still have things to do but as my granny would have said, "Rome wasn't built in a day". 


Yes, I have a Baker's rack on my front porch. I love the old thing and I change out the decor from time to time. Just depends on what "kind of mood I'm in at the moment". 
Decided for now to keep my little mix-matched front porch decor. I will admit though I've been torn a little between decorating seasonal on the porch or just keeping my mix matched. It's so much work to change it all out! (sighing) But for now my focus is cleaning and revamping a few things. Years ago though I changed out everything on this porch seasonal. Amazing how when we get a little older we adapt the attitude of "Awe, it looks just fine like it is". Ha! 


This small set of dishes was purchased at a yard sale many years ago. I paid so very little for it and it holds nothing of value to me but it brings so much joy to my youngest granddaughters. They love playing tea party whether we have a real tea party or not. When I know they will be at my house I wash up the cute little set and it's theirs to play with. 

Many cups of Southern sweet tea has been shared in these cups with the girls. 


Another random piece I love is the angel. My sister Joyce gave it to me years ago and she sat in my house in many different areas. She is a fresh reminder to me when I go to sit out on the front porch to be Pray and to be Thankful!


The pillows was a gift from my youngest daughter last year. I've used them for Fall but love them so much I decided to put them on the porch for now. 

A sweet friend gifted me the post with the C sign for Christmas and I love it. I can hang all sorts of things where the C is. Will surely be used for many holidays and seasons.





We've so much to do on the old porch. I couldn't believe the cob webs we knocked down. Yes, that's part of country living for sure in my neck of the woods. New ceiling fans are in store, swing my FIL made needs to be painted or at least varnished. New Ferns will be purchased as we normally have 8 of them hanging on the porch. Rearranging things a bit and I may add another chair on one end and well, we have made a start with simply cleaning and washing down. The old tea cart needs a fresh coat of paint. We love the country life and in the country you keep things going even it's a slow process. I keep saying.....ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY". Marty and I enjoy sitting on the front porch on Sunday mornings and enjoy a cup of coffee together before going to church. My favorite time is anytime! Especially If I have a cup of coffee or tea in hand. Even lemonade is good in those pretty tea cups. You can ask my grandgirlies! Maybe when I get my 
"Cracker Barrel" front porch (that's what some of my friends call it)  all spruced up I'll remember to post pictures. 


We did take time off from Spring cleaning and grilled up a little surf and turf! I earned every bite! 


I will close today with yet another devotional that spoke to my heart. The thing is...We don't have to be ENOUGH, because HE IS

Happy week to you all. 

Hugs and blessings, Cindy




 





 

Comments

  1. Hi Cindy, I just love your porch! When we bought this house, we added put in a lot of brick, too much and wanted to add an overhand to have a porch effect. But funds ran out and we really did not need the sun protection in the front house. I love your backer's rack. I am looking for one for the front yard. I might have to visit Amazon! Thanks for sharing your beautiful porch. I bet you live in the country and I am a city girl with a country heart! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, my oldest daughter was getting rid of the baker's rack years ago and gave it to me. I had it my kitchen for a while. Love it on the porch though. Look around at yard sales and thrift stores. You might could find one cheap.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I adore your Cracker Barrel front porch! I just enjoy a lovely front porch so much! Your sprucing up looks so wonderful, love all the sweet touches you added! One of my life's favorite books is Hinds Feet on High Places. It has ministered to me so very deeply many times in my life. I love to porch sit, especially in the summer when it's hot, with a refreshing drink in hand. Nothing I love any more! We have a propane porch fire pit, and we love to have it on in the evenings, so cozy! Looking forward to some porch sitting days, hopefully in a couple of months. Winter is still hanging on here... blessings to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. I am ready to get some more pretty ferns for the porch but waiting to see if we are going to have more cold spell first. Porch sitting can be very comforting especially with a good book and cold or hot drink.

      Delete
  3. Cleaning 64 feet of porch is a BIG job and it's looking very tidy and neat. The baker's rack is a great place to display your pretties. I can imagine how much fun those grand-girls have with the tea set. Have a wonderful week! Granny M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GM. The girls love playing on the porch especially if they are having a tea party.

      Delete
  4. Your porch is such a great place to enjoy and decorate! I'm sure it is a lot of work to keep it tidy in the outdoor setting but I love that you decorate it and style it with favorite things. Thank you for the quotes, prayers and devotionals, always uplifting! Have a great week Cindy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. We sure enjoy the front porch. I think I get to enjoy it more than Marty but on nice mornings it surely becomes my favorite spot.

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love your porch! I have a bakers rack almost identical to yours. I love mine too and didn't want to get rid of it so it's now in my garage. It's right by the door that goes into the house, so I keep it looking nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wanted to live in a house with a wraparound porch where I can enjoy tea time. So I'm loving your beautiful front porch! Of course, my favourite part is the baker's rack with the adorable tea set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes HE is enough, my friend!! You truly have the most wonderful porch. It’s like another room to your house and I love all your special touches that bakers rack is perfect and so is your tea wagon. What a perfect place for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, what a fabulous porch and a great place to entertain. I love the rustic country style, it is so welcoming and begs you to pull up a chair and enjoy conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your front porch and that baker's rack is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a wonderful porch ... I can just see you early in the morning with a great big mug of coffee in your pretty hands. What a joy to gather with family and friends and watch the world go by. 64 feet!!!!! What fun to decorate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a wonderful porch! You have decorated it so nicely. What a great place for the family to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your porch, Cindy, and the way you've decorated it. I see a lot of happy Spring afternoons in your future.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your porch is so pretty and huge!! Wow girl!! I love how you decorate it. The bakers rack is a great addition and can be changed out as you like with different decor. The Easter decorations are so cute! I bet the grands love playing tea party out there. I know I would. It looks like such a calm place to sit and relax, read a book, have an iced tea. Oh I'm there! My porch stuff gets so dirty and I have a teeny tiny one! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather Lou. It is a place of calm and relaxing. But mercy too much to keep clean some times! LOL!

      Delete
  14. Such a pretty porch and front door! I had to smile when I saw all the pretties. I suppose it comes from living in Florida for so many years but I was thinking of having to bring all those things inside for an approaching tropical depression / storm / hurricane. You have such a knack for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! Yes girl, usually we remove the ferns for sure if bad weather is brewing. I have been known to cover things with sheets. But, praise the Lord we've had no REAL problems with having to put up and put back.

      Delete
  15. Well done! I think your porch looks great!

    It's the first day of Spring on Monday (20th) one of my favourite seasons :)

    Have a lovely weekend and a good new week.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That is a l-o-n-g porch with a lot to keep clean and decorate. I LOVE our porches and I love getting them ready for each season The front porch only has seasonal pillows on the benches, so easy peasy. The huge pots on either side of the door stay the same. I just add a couple of ferns on the back porch and we have nice furniture on it. Neither porch takes long to clean and thats a good thing because I do not care to spend much time cleaning them. :o)) Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Lea for popping by. We sure enjoy our front porch even with all the work. In Spring and summer our family gathers there a lot on Sunday afternoons.

      Delete
  17. Oh, I missed this one last week! I'm so glad you mentioned it today and I went back to find it. I LOVE your front porch! It is my dream porch for sure! It's beautiful! I wonder how you keep it looking that nice. We have so much pollen for one thing that gets on our porch furniture/tables so that I can't keep nice stuff out there (unless I want to clean it every week). I love your tea set and tea cart and baker's rack and bench and swing, etc., etc. It's perfect!!! Thank you for sharing it with us. I would love to sit there and have a cup of tea or lemonade with you and your grandgirlies! What fun!! have a blessed week, and enjoy your porch sittin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. It is a job especially with all the pollen. I try to keep it dusted off. Marty washes the porch down often. We try to team up as it is a job to keep up. But, we enjoy it so much.

      Delete
  18. Oh, I love your front porch, Cindy. Mine needs cleaning and it'll happen....eventually. I have a baker's rack on my back porch that I use as a potting bench! Kindred Spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my goodness! I love your front porch! It is just amazing. I would love to have the opportunity to sit and chat with you, cups of coffee in hand, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget

{SON-Flowers}

Don't you just love sunflowers? When I think about sunflowers I think of two things. My motherinlove who loved sunflowers and Fall. I came across a devotional written by Julia Bettencourt on sunflowers and thought it so appropriate for today as I wanted to share my sunflowers with you. Here's a few lessons we can learn from the sunflower.    Sunflowers Track The Sun.   Most plants are attracted to light but the flowering head of the sunflower actually tracks the sun following it's path and moving toward where it is in the sky all during the day. I read somewhere that sunflowers track the sun when they are in bud stage. Isn't that how it usually goes for us as Christians? When we first come to know the Lord, we get excited about knowing all about Him and living for Him, but after awhile we sometimes grow a little preoccupied with other things and get our eyes off of the Lord.   Wouldn't it be great if as a Christian we'd track th