Skip to main content

{March is well under way}

February days are now gone and March has officially kicked in.   I finally purchased a new monthly focus board.  We ventured out for a day date which included a movie. I love our day dates. I will give my honest review about the movie for those interested. I wanted to see this movie as it was based on a true story. I did enjoy the movie but oh my, it was a tear jerker from the get go! It ended good but mercy! Let's just say that I am thankful that no one was sitting close enough to see my tear stained face. I am glad that I saw it but I am good for a while on sad movies, even if they do end good!   My oldest daughter, her husband and their son participated in the Spartan race which is a series of obstacle courses that challenge. They done so well. As you can see from the pictures it gets pretty muddy!  My three daughters participate each year in the Gate River Run. I love it that they do this together. They have so much support & encouragement from all the onlookers. I am just

{Show and Tell Sunday}

Winding down on this Sunday coolish afternoon and wanted to share a few goodies I found this week. 


Well, I just didn't find Marty as I've had him for years but we did go out on a day date one day this week and as always our outing was nice with perfect weather to stroll around.


In the garden department at Walmart I spotted these adorable planters with the price tag of $1.00! 


Though I have tons of planters I couldn't help but bring home a few! Already have seedlings going in three of those cute pots. 


Then on another day I had another date with two friends from elementary school. We always have the best time together as we try to meet at least once a month. Sometimes we gather at one of our homes for a light lunch and LOTS of talking and laughter. Other times we go out to eat and shopping. We stop at a variety of places and found a thrift store of course along the way. I just love this wooden bowl with plates. I will use use the bowl for many things but I see a salad luncheon coming up soon with my friends just so I can use my new goodies. $5 well spent to me. 


Snagged this up for $2.


We shopped at some of our favorite places such as Ross, TJ Maxx and more. I couldn't pass up this cute summer dress. 


I love me a cute pair of shoes and these caught my eye. Oh the days of high heels is over for me. I do still wear wedged heels but these are just cute to me and they came home with me. 


No! I didn't buy this teeny weeny Bikini. One of my friends thought it would be cute to snap this picture and send to my three daughters with the words: "I can't control your mama". LOL! No offense to anyone if you can still pull off wearing that cutie. I am afraid those days are long gone for me! But...I think my girls got a little worried about what their mama just might do! LOL! 


We found a cute little store off the beaten path with this saying on a whiteboard outside the store! I loved it! 


One of my friends recommended this soup from the Deli in Walmart so I am going to give it a try this week. I will let you know how it goes! 

Most of you know that I like making my own healthy drinks and teas but every now I then I just want some sparkling water with a little jazzing up. Fresh blueberries went in some ice cube trays with a little water and added such a refreshing taste. At the end of the drink I got to eat the blueberries! A win-win!


I will close today with sharing another powerful devotion. God sure knows when we need a little WORD. 

I hope that you all have an amazing week.

Hugs and blessings, Cindy




Comments

  1. Looks like you had a great week and fun with hubby and friends! I can tell you are enjoying your retirement! Love the outfit and the shoes and the fun bikini idea even if you didn't do it! LOL. I know that's something I could NEVER do, even when I was young and skinny! LOL. Love the little plant pots and wooden dishes, etc. You had a great time! I love the joy of the Lord in your week and I try to keep it here in my days too. There is so much to be thankful for, isn't there? Have a blessed and beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to like about this post, Cindy. The cute planters that you got at Walmart ( what would we do without Walmart? *smile*), and the wooden treasures from the thrift store
    ( another place we love!!), the cute summer dress and sandals, I'm sure there was more.
    Happy new month, may it bring lots more blessings. GM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrating life's little things and blessings is what life is all about! I'm so glad you are enjoying every moment, Happy May Cindy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you jest! I'm sure you could rock that swimsuit. (I blush to even type bikini.) ☺️
    Maybe some kilt lettuce in your new salad dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Vee, you made me laugh out loud! I think my daughters got a tad nervous! LOL!!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful words from your devotionals, Cindy! Even so is much better than nevertheless.
    I’m loving your purchases at Walmart, the thrift store and Ross. Nope, no teeny weeny bikini for me either! Happy May Day, dear friend, and enjoy your outings with Marty and your friends. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, you always seem to enjoy every single day and activity. Love the cute dress and shoes…and the bowl and plates. Have a joy-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds, Cindy, especially the thrifted treasures! Garage sale season is upon us and I already have 2 church garage sales in my May calendar.

    The bikini photo made me smile. I never had the nerve to wear a bikini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope that you find a treasure at the Church Garage sales.

      Delete
  8. Loved catching up with you and love, love the wooden plates and bowls you thrifted. I have some of the plates and I often forget to use them. I've got to do better. :o) I have done so well following my neck surgery last Thursday. I have some restrictions on the amount of weight I can lift and bending too far. Otherwise, I'm able to do some all that I need to do, just a little slower. I'm just glad to have it behind me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giving God the praise for your recovery progress.

      Delete
  9. It's so nice to shop with friends and have fun....and cut up! You really could wear a cute swim suit...you are so petite and adorable! Enjoy your week and thanks for the reminders of our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet. I have granny swim suits now! LOL!

      Delete
  10. HAHA....I could not tell you the last time I put on a bikini!! That would not be a pretty site!! I drink water at home but I can't just sit with water and drink it. I put lemon, blueberries or oranges in it. I drink 1/2 and 1/2 tea when I go out or a mixed drink. I esp love the blueberries, cause I once I finished the water, I get a nice treat. Love the wooden bowls. I love shopping with friends, its more fun and I get to show my silly off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam for visiting. Girl, nothing like being silly. LOL!

      Delete
  11. Walmart has so many cute planters this year. The wooden bowls and plates are so nice! Looks like a fun time shopping and seeing friends. That bikini shot is funny! I'm sure you could wear it if you wanted to! I want to hear about that soup. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I ate half the soup and saved the other half for Marty so he could taste it. It was delicious! Girl, my bikini days over with! LOL!

      Delete
  12. You got some great things here - and no bikini for me either!

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did Jan. Having a friends salad luncheon this month so can't wait to use my wooden bowl and plates.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to visit.
Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding the Ugly Hot Water Heater

 I shared that I wanted to hide my ugly hot water heater in my laundry room with you a few weeks ago. It just stuck out like a sore thumb. But after all it is a hot water heater right? So my man took a piece of wood (not real wood) but it worked and built a frame for me. So now to see if it would fit and it did. I painted it white and did not like the texture it had even after two coats of white. (rule of thumb...you get what you pay for and the wood was cheap) But I wasn't going to let it whip me!  Found some contact paper at Walmart in the gray and white. Covered the front with the contact paper and loved the look. The top was covered with a piece of painted wood as well and worked perfect to place this on top... And this.... Added a clothes basket in the corner and here was the top.... Yep, no longer an eye sore to me! Went perfect with my gray walls and gray and white floor. Remember the wood tray I bought at a yard

{Another Fun Filled Weekend}

I hope you all are doing well. I am trying to wind down for the night and thought I would try and get a post out. Girls, by this time I am in my fat clothes and recliner smashing that remote control!   Marty and I kicked off our weekend by having a little fun food as I call it,  "charcuterie" style out by the pond. Of course I always fix more than we need or eat but it sure was good.  Two of our granddaughters had dance recitals over the weekend so we got to watch them perform and oh my! They were just the cutest things ever.  We were blessed to be able to see them perform. Then we celebrated a birthday for this sweet grandgirl! She was excited about being double digits . And besides all the fun from the weekend I was able to see some of my pretties in bloom.  Now to enjoy a cup of coffee.... I hope that you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  Hugs and blessings, Cindy

{Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary To Us}

  Happy October everyone! I wanted to pop in today and share a few pictures. Marty and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary on September 23.  Oh it seems so long ago that we said "I Do". We started dating when I was 16. Married at 18 and began a family at 20. Needless to say we have surely grown up together. Praise the Lord that we are growing "Older" together.  We decided since it had been about 8-9 years since we had been to Savannah, Ga. that we would take a weekend there and just enjoy a scenic luncheon cruise.  We enjoyed walking River street and sightseeing, shopping and eating of course! It was a nice get away and perfect for us as we are simply two imperfect people that fit perfectly together.  I did spot Santa while in Savannah though! YES, I love Christmas so I had to stop at several Christmas shops! We've had outings that have kept us quite busy and we have surely been blessed to be able to attend our grands functions and our little outings toget